Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Reomoving Mcafee Virus software
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
cartero
Need Help! Just bought my new Kaspersky Internet Anti-Virus Software. I uninstalled Mcafee and thought that would do the job. But I keep getting prompt to delete a file named "Mcafee Anti-Virus File System Filter Driver" before I can continue install. I've looked everywhere on my computer I could think of, but can't find this file to delete. It's obviously holding me up from downloading my new Kaspersky software. Has anyone encountered this or know what I have to do to get rid of this existing Mcafee file. Thanks Cartero dash1.gif
Firestorm70
QUOTE(cartero @ 16.04.2009 23:56) *
Need Help! Just bought my new Kaspersky Internet Anti-Virus Software. I uninstalled Mcafee and thought that would do the job. But I keep getting prompt to delete a file named "Mcafee Anti-Virus File System Filter Driver" before I can continue install. I've looked everywhere on my computer I could think of, but can't find this file to delete. It's obviously holding me up from downloading my new Kaspersky software. Has anyone encountered this or know what I have to do to get rid of this existing Mcafee file. Thanks Cartero dash1.gif

Mcafee removal tool.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe
Berny
QUOTE(cartero @ 17.04.2009 05:56) *
I uninstalled Mcafee and thought that would do the job.

Hello,

Follow Firestorm's suggestion but maybe you could also run
VSCleanupTool.exe (McAfee tool) that should remove all eventual leftovers.
I used it myself on friend's system and it did a good job ....

Berny +++
cartero
QUOTE(Firestorm70 @ 16.04.2009 21:17) *

Thanks alot for your help. Use the tool and was able to load Kaspersky software. Thanks flor replying
cartero
QUOTE(Berny @ 17.04.2009 00:22) *
Hello,

Follow Firestorm's suggestion but maybe you could also run
VSCleanupTool.exe (McAfee tool) that should remove all eventual leftovers.
I used it myself on friend's system and it did a good job ....

Berny +++

Tnanks for your suggestions. Got the software up and running. Thanks
KatHabina
So I'm having this same problem...I was unsure about hooking the computer back up to the internet with NO protection at all...Is there a way to get ride of this Mcafee stuff with out going online? I don't understand why when I search for the program it doesn't come up for me to delete it... mad.gif
dawgg
Save the files to a USB and use that to transfer to another computer.
Providing you have a firewall running, you should be fine to connect for a few minutes on the internet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.