Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Problems removing Mcafee to install Kaspersky
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
RickA
While trying to install Kaspersky, I kept getting the message that there was still Mcafee on my computer and that it must be removed before Kaspersky could be installed.

“remove mcafee virusscan professional bonus pack”

I followed all the various suggestions I could find. Mcafee was not listed under program files but there were a couple Mcafee folder,s which I was able to remove using an ‘Unlocker’ SW. But, when trying again to install Kaspersky, the same message appeared:

"remove mcafee virusscan professional bonus pack"

I finally found this note on the Kaspersky forum from someone with the same problem. I followed the advice and I deleted the folder listed below from the registry ,

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C4BA56E6-3DA9-4454-AD39-81FB11810984}"

and yes, it did remove the Mcafee files and allow Kaspersky to be installed, but now I cannot connect to the internet, although the internet connection shows that I am connected. When I diagnose connection problems, this is the log file. Can you help me? What do I need to do to connect to the internet?

Last diagnostic run time: 03/08/09 15:21:34
IP Configuration Diagnostic
Invalid IP address

error Unexpected error from iphlpapi: The pipe is being closed.
info Could not retrieve the current IP address
action Automated repair: Renew IP address
error Could not locate the specified NIC from iphlpapi
error Could not retrieve IP information for specified NIC
info Could not retrieve the current IP address
action Automated repair: Reset network connection
action Disabling the network adapter
error Failed with error 0x800705B4: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Wireless Diagnostic
Wireless - Service disabled

Wireless - User SSID

Wireless - First time setup

Wireless - Radio off

Wireless - Out of range

Wireless - Hardware issue

Wireless - Novice user

Wireless - Ad-hoc network

Wireless - Less preferred

Wireless - 802.1x enabled

Wireless - Configuration mismatch

Wireless - Low SNR

WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
info Connectivity is valid for all Winsock service providers.

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Ethernet connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

Thanks!

richbuff
Welcome. Please create gsi sysinfo text, upload it to this parser site: http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/ and post link to GSI Report which may identify issue area, instructions see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444
RickA
QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.03.2009 18:45) *
Welcome. Please create gsi sysinfo text, upload it to this parser site: http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/ and post link to GSI Report which may identify issue area, instructions see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444

Thanks. I reviewed the attached link you sent and read this:

After the installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Windows may " blue screen" or freeze, e.g. while the computer is being started or if some task is being executed. It might be a conflict either with your computer software or with some drivers and Kaspersky Anti-Virus. If such a problem arises, Kaspersky Lab Technical Support should receive a report file of GetSystemInfo utility. You should do the following to get this report file:

download GetSysteminfo.zip utility from our server

start GetSysteminfo.exe on the computer where you have the problem

press the Save button in the open window

I also got the Blue Screen of Death while installing Kaspersky. Is there a way to create the required gsi sysinfo text without downloading the GetSysteminof.zip from your website? I can't get on the internet with the computer having the problem.
richbuff
Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot. Download and run the McAfee removal tool: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507 Reboot after tool use. Re install Kaspersky > reboot. Then do the GSI. If you can't get to internet after uninstall Kaspersky > reboot, then you can transfer the McAfee and GSI utilities from another PC to the target PC.
RickA
QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.03.2009 19:07) *
Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot. Download and run the McAfee removal tool: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507 Reboot after tool use. Re install Kaspersky > reboot. Then do the GSI. If you can't get to internet after uninstall Kaspersky > reboot, then you can transfer the McAfee and GSI utilities from another PC to the target PC.

I used the getsysinfo.zip on the problem computer and extracted the sysinfo. I couldn't see how to upload to your parse site, What do you suggest?
richbuff
The gsi sysinfo text file that was outputted: Transfer it to the connected PC, then upload it to the parser site. Then post the link to the report in your (next) post.
RickA
QUOTE(RickA @ 8.03.2009 19:25) *
I used the getsysinfo.zip on the problem computer and extracted the sysinfo. I couldn't see how to upload to your parse site, What do you suggest?

I uploaded the sysinfo file to the parse site, but it appeared not to have any data.

I have started the uninstall process and will follow your advice. Already used the mcafee removal tool previously but will go through the steps as you have outlined. Thanks.
RickA
OK, I'm back. I uninstalled Mcafee, using a variety of tools, then uninstalled Kaspersky. My PC was in this condition for the last week and wow, did it run great. Fast everything, including the internet.

Today I reinstalled Kaspersky, and it all appeared to go just fine. But after the installation, after the reboot, I cannot get internet access.

So, I got the sysinfo and loaded it to the Kaspersky parser. Can you take a look and let me know what to do to get my PC able to access the internet? The URL is to the Parse site is below.

Thanks

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/read.php?file=f659...636cb4d63f324d#
RickA
This is continued from a post from 3/08/09. OK, I'm back. I uninstalled Mcafee, using a variety of tools, then uninstalled Kaspersky. My PC was in this condition for the last week and wow, did it run great. Fast everything, including the internet.

Today I reinstalled Kaspersky, and it all appeared to go just fine. But after the installation, after the reboot, I cannot get internet access.

So, I got the sysinfo and loaded it to the Kaspersky parser. Can you take a look and let me know what to do to get my PC able to access the internet? The URL is to the Parse site is below.

Thanks

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/read.php?file=f659...636cb4d63f324d#
rudger79
Hi.

You should uninstall spyware nuker 2004 and windows defender. Reboot.

Download SP3 from windows update site and save it to your desktop. Pause KIS (choose to restart manually) then install SP3. Reboot and start KIS.

Also you should update your network adapter. Here is the link for your network adapter if you choose to update the driver...and you should. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Fi...07&lang=eng
RickA
It worked! Thank you.
Dieselman
QUOTE(RickA @ 15.03.2009 20:39) *
It worked! Thank you.

What work? What exactly fixed it so others will know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.