Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KAV causing user shares to disconnect
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Business
hmmblah
I have KAV installed on a Server 2003 Standard R2 x64 server. It will randomly cause any shared folders to disconnect all users, every few hours. The only way to fix this is to reboot the server or stop KAV. I was using an older version, but changed to version 6.0.3.837 and am experiencing the same problem.

I also have KAV running on 3 other servers, all running Server 2003 Standard 32-bit. They are all in the same group within the admin kit and all share the same policy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
TMike
QUOTE(hmmblah @ 2.02.2009 10:29) *
I have KAV installed on a Server 2003 Standard R2 x64 server. It will randomly cause any shared folders to disconnect all users, every few hours. The only way to fix this is to reboot the server or stop KAV. I was using an older version, but changed to version 6.0.3.837 and am experiencing the same problem.

I also have KAV running on 3 other servers, all running Server 2003 Standard 32-bit. They are all in the same group within the admin kit and all share the same policy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had this issue a while back as well. In the workstation policy, add the server shares to the exclusion masks for file anti-virus and scan tasks. Because the server is constantly scanning it's own files, it is double work when the workstations scan as well, which causes this freeze. Hope this helps you. Good luck wink.gif
hmmblah
QUOTE(TMike @ 5.02.2009 12:32) *
I had this issue a while back as well. In the workstation policy, add the server shares to the exclusion masks for file anti-virus and scan tasks. Because the server is constantly scanning it's own files, it is double work when the workstations scan as well, which causes this freeze. Hope this helps you. Good luck wink.gif

In the policies I just have hard drives checked for the protection scope. Network drives is unchecked. Do I need to go further and add these network drives to the exclusion masks as well? I can give it a shot, but there are tons of mappings all different depending on the office.

Can I just add the share name itself (\\servername\sharename) or would I need to add the letter of the drive like how it is mapped on the workstation?

Example: Workstation 1 has K:\ mapped to \\server\apps. Would I add an exclusion mask for K:\ or \\server\apps?

Thanks for the help, btw. I filed a support ticket a few days ago with Kaspersky themselves, but they haven't offered any help other than to ask what server I am running this on.
TMike
QUOTE(hmmblah @ 6.02.2009 07:14) *
In the policies I just have hard drives checked for the protection scope. Network drives is unchecked. Do I need to go further and add these network drives to the exclusion masks as well? I can give it a shot, but there are tons of mappings all different depending on the office.

Can I just add the share name itself (\\servername\sharename) or would I need to add the letter of the drive like how it is mapped on the workstation?

Example: Workstation 1 has K:\ mapped to \\server\apps. Would I add an exclusion mask for K:\ or \\server\apps?

Thanks for the help, btw. I filed a support ticket a few days ago with Kaspersky themselves, but they haven't offered any help other than to ask what server I am running this on.

You will need to add the mapped drive letters to the exclusions. For some reason, the network drives option doesn't work properly with them and must be added additionaly. So, in your example, you will add an exclusion for K: and all subfolders.
hmmblah
QUOTE(TMike @ 6.02.2009 12:15) *
You will need to add the mapped drive letters to the exclusions. For some reason, the network drives option doesn't work properly with them and must be added additionaly. So, in your example, you will add an exclusion for K: and all subfolders.

I enabled these exclusions and then re-enabled the AV on the server. I will see how this goes and report back. Thanks again.
victorm
(hmmblah @ 6.02.2009 14:10) *
I enabled these exclusions and then re-enabled the AV on the server. I will see how this goes and report back. Thanks again.

Hi everyone!!
If you still have this trouble, uncheck Analysis in "All Network Drives" from File Antivirus option in configuration settings.

I hope this work and help you!!
hmmblah
QUOTE(victorm @ 6.02.2009 15:55) *
Hi everyone!!
If you still have this trouble, uncheck Analysis in "All Network Drives" from File Antivirus option in configuration settings.

I hope this work and help you!!

It's been 5 days now with no problems. Looks like adding the exclusions for the mapped drives worked. Strange that none of my other servers exhibited this problem, but I am happy it is solved.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.