Help - Search - Members
Full Version: "license is missing" ?
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
teachfish
Hello, tech helpers bs.gif

I installed Kaspersky a year ago - loved - recently did my update for the new year. I bought the new 2009 disk (KIS 8.0.0.454 - 3 user) so that I could also put it on my mom & dad's computer.

I uninstalled their McAfee and installed the KIS. Everything went the same way it did when I re-instatlled my computer two days ago. I ran the first "update databases" on their computer and it got to 99% and stayed there for many minutes. Then I discovered that under the "Protection" tab, nothing was enabled - the features all had little grey X's by them (when I installed on my computer they were green checks). So I clicked one to enable it, but got the following message:

"task cannot be started license is missing"

Yet under the license tab it shows my license.

Also, the "Scan" tab is not activated, either.

Any suggestions?

After I uninstalled the McAfee, I did a "search" for McAfee and couldn't find any remaining remnants of it - so the best I can tell I did get rid of it. But maybe I screwed up and just don't know it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

TeachFish
teachfish
...just a thought... When I re-installed on my computer, I checked the "I already have a Customer ID" box and put in my info. When I installed on my mom & dad's computer, I didn't do that. Was that my flaw? [I had figured "different computers, different customer ID" but since we're essentially using the same ID from a 3 user install disk, are we actually the same Customer ID? Should I try again and check that box?]
djripster
QUOTE(teachfish @ 1.02.2009 22:54) *
Hello, tech helpers bs.gif

I installed Kaspersky a year ago - loved - recently did my update for the new year. I bought the new 2009 disk (KIS 8.0.0.454 - 3 user) so that I could also put it on my mom & dad's computer.

I uninstalled their McAfee and installed the KIS. Everything went the same way it did when I re-instatlled my computer two days ago. I ran the first "update databases" on their computer and it got to 99% and stayed there for many minutes. Then I discovered that under the "Protection" tab, nothing was enabled - the features all had little grey X's by them (when I installed on my computer they were green checks). So I clicked one to enable it, but got the following message:

"task cannot be started license is missing"

Yet under the license tab it shows my license.

Also, the "Scan" tab is not activated, either.

Any suggestions?

After I uninstalled the McAfee, I did a "search" for McAfee and couldn't find any remaining remnants of it - so the best I can tell I did get rid of it. But maybe I screwed up and just don't know it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

TeachFish

Hi,

Since you do see your license. can you try deleting and re activating. This has worked for me when i have had similar problems with the license. Let me know if this works
teachfish
Well, I uninstalled it, then re-installed it, this time putting in the Customer ID information.

All appeared to have worked. It re-booted, then when the computer started up again it prompted me to update the databases. I did. The Protection (all green checks) and Scan tabs were active. When the "update databases" was complete, it told me I had to re-boot again. I did. As soon as the computer was re-started (desktop appearing), I got a little red pop-up saying my databases were obsolete (BUT I HAD JUST UPDATED THEM!) and it immediately started running the database update again. HOWEVER: this time the "Protection" and "Scan" portions are NOT active. The Protection tab shows grey X's again.

It seems I'm right back where I started.

The license still shows up on the "License" tab.

Please help!

Thanks,

TeachFish
teachfish
stuck at 99% again on the update... going on 4 minutes when it only took a few seconds to progress from 90 to 91, 91 to 92, etc.

grrr...
teachfish
It does, under the license and elsewhere, say "databases are corrupted" and "databases are obsolete" - even though it's been running the updates all the way to 99 %...
richbuff
Please create gsi sysinfo text, upload it to this parser site: http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/ and post link to GSI Report which may identify issue area, instructions see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444

And attach the update report. Lower right of Kaspersky window, Reports > upper left, drop down > Update, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
teachfish
QUOTE(richbuff @ 1.02.2009 18:05) *
Please create gsi sysinfo text, upload it to this parser site: http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/ and post link to GSI Report which may identify issue area, instructions see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444

And attach the update report. Lower right of Kaspersky window, Reports > upper left, drop down > Update, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

I saved the Report and tried to attach it here, but I got a message that it's larger than the allowed attachment size. (file is 436 kb, allowed is 300 kb)

I ran and submitted a GIS at the first link you gave. It says it found two infected files (BEEP.SYS and YPager.exe) (Score is 218, whatever that means...) But it doesn't tell me what to do next and my instincts aren't figuring it out...

It also found 2 "unknown", 1 "drivers to update," and 1 "applications to update." It found no "potentially incompatible software."

Under the red "Updates" tab at the GSI, it gives me this option:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 New update available
Current version: 8.0.0.454) -> [ New 8.0.0.506 here ]

Should I download the 8.0.0.506?
teachfish
oh... post a link... does this help?

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/read.php?hl=en&...;tab=Search#Top

teachfish
Also, the "Protection" and "Scan" tabs are now active again (with green check marks under Protection). It did run a full scan - successfully, apparently.

The only problem left (I hope) is that it gets stuck at 99% while running an update, then tells me "not all components were updated" and that my databases are obsolete. It all has the red bar across the top that says "your computer security is at risk, fix it now" but when I click that it just re-runs the updates and leaves me with the same problem all over again.

so that's the current status...

thanks for your help!
teachfish
Hmmm... It ran the updates again, got stuck at 99% for a long time, but finally "broke through" and made it to 100% and now it's green and says "your computer is protected."

Maybe (hopefully) the problem is solved...?! I don't know what did it... But something finally "clicked."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.