Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Windows Defender and Kaspersky [merged]
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
maddhatter01
If I have Kaspersky Internet Security do I still need Windows Defender? I am getting annoyed with the constant Defender downloads.
Marko13
QUOTE(maddhatter01 @ 29.01.2009 19:12) *
If I have Kaspersky Internet Security do I still need Windows Defender? I am getting annoyed with the constant Defender downloads.

You can disable W. defender. BTW, why are you double posting???
maddhatter01
QUOTE(Marko13 @ 29.01.2009 13:20) *
You can disable W. defender. BTW, why are you double posting???

I didn't mean to double post. I kept getting an error message that told me to wait 30secs and retry.
jarmod
If you talk to Kaspersky support, I think they will tell you that you have to uninstall (or at least disable) Windows Defender.
Firestorm70
QUOTE(maddhatter01 @ 29.01.2009 13:12) *

You can disable it. Windows Defender get's it's signatures
from Windows Updates so if you have Windows updates set
for Automatic updating you will continue to receive signatures
for Windows Defender. You should set Windows Updating to> " check
for update but let me choose whether to download and install them. Or download update
but let me choose whether to install them.

Do not try to uninstall Windows Defender it is
very integrated into Windows Operating system
and will cause issue if you try to uninstall it. just disable it.
maddhatter01
QUOTE(Firestorm70 @ 29.01.2009 16:50) *
You can disable it. Windows Defender get's it's signatures
from Windows Updates so if you have Windows updates set
for Automatic updating you will continue to receive signatures
for Windows Defender. You should set Windows Updating to> " check
for update but let me choose whether to download and install them. Or download update
but let me choose whether to install them.

Thank you very much. I will do that.
jarmod
QUOTE(Firestorm70 @ 29.01.2009 16:50) *

Hi, can you tell us what kind of problems? I run KIS 2009 on both XP and Vista. I've <i>uninstalled</i> Defender from the XP machine (because it *can* be uninstalled) and have <i>disabled</i> it on Vista (because it *cannot* be uninstalled). Should I reinstall it on XP and then disable it?
charlesT
i have xp pro SP3 windows defender did not come pre installed on , i wasnt aware it came pre installed on any windows xp operating platform, could be downloaded of course just wasnt pre installled i dont use it unlike vista on that know it comes pre installed on vista tongue.gif
maddhatter01
Ok, so I turned off Window's Defender and I am just running Kaspersky now. Is it safe to uninstall the defender updates without comprimising my computer's security, as I would like to clear up some hard-drive space. Also, is anyone else receiving alot of spam from the Spanish Kaspersky forum?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.