Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Activation Code not working after reinstalling Vista
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
sureshnair
I had bought Kasperky Internet Security 2009 software 3 Users package In March 2009 for 1year. i installed it on my Desktop and Laptop. Recently I had to reinstall Microsoft Vista on my laptop (Installed using the Factory Image). But after reinstalling Vista i am having trouble installing kaspersky Internet security on my laptop, it popping a message "Incorrect activation Code". i am also having trouble trying to retrieve the key from my from my online account on the kaspersky site. Also send a message to the support team through their online Form, but no reply.
Sjoeii
QUOTE(sureshnair @ 29.10.2009 03:23) *
I had bought Kasperky Internet Security 2009 software 3 Users package In March 2009 for 1year. i installed it on my Desktop and Laptop. Recently I had to reinstall Microsoft Vista on my laptop (Installed using the Factory Image). But after reinstalling Vista i am having trouble installing kaspersky Internet security on my laptop, it popping a message "Incorrect activation Code". i am also having trouble trying to retrieve the key from my from my online account on the kaspersky site. Also send a message to the support team through their online Form, but no reply.

This indeed is a matter for customer support.
Where are you located?
dh27564
QUOTE(sureshnair @ 28.10.2009 22:23) *
But after reinstalling Vista i am having trouble installing kaspersky Internet security on my laptop, it popping a message "Incorrect activation Code".

Make sure you're using the 20-digit code to activate (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX). Also, if you purchased the boxed version, the code may be on the CD sleeve. If purchased from Kaspersky eStore, the code was probably emailed to you.
ardhean
QUOTE(dh27564 @ 29.10.2009 15:38) *
Make sure you're using the 20-digit code to activate (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX). Also, if you purchased the boxed version, the code may be on the CD sleeve. If purchased from Kaspersky eStore, the code was probably emailed to you.

just to make sure ...

1. means there is no problem if we do re-installation of windows and then proceed with re activation kaspersky.
2. does kaspersky sell the activation code and key in other seller, or only in offical site of kaspersky
3. I just bought the activation code and key in ebay. it legal???

why it's doesn't work.
when i try to activate my kaspersky with the activation code that sent by seller from ebay, the process appear message like this..
dh27564
The forum moderators recommend purchasing activation codes directly from Kaspersky or authorized resellers. There have been numerous reports of failed codes purchased on ebay.

See this for authorized resellers:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/store/
ardhean
QUOTE(dh27564 @ 29.10.2009 17:52) *
The forum moderators recommend purchasing activation codes directly from Kaspersky or authorized resellers. There have been numerous reports of failed codes purchased on ebay.

See this for authorized resellers:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/store/

ok... thanks

how about my question number 1?
is that ok if i reinstall my windows, and my code still recognized by kaspersky?
richbuff
QUOTE(ardhean)
...I just bought the activation code and key in ebay. it legal??? why it's doesn't work. when i try to activate my kaspersky with the activation code that sent by seller from ebay...
In addition to what dh27564 instructed:

Probably it is a bad key. Bad keys gravitate towards ebay. One day it will be common knowledge to never buy such goods from such sources.

Also, make sure you are not trying to activate KIS with a KAV key, or vice versa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.