IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Running Kaspersky Scan through MS-DOS
ToXiCaTiOn.d
post 8.10.2008 04:57
Post #1

Group: Members

Hey, I have a automation script that runs a virus scan and disk defragment once and a while automatically for me, then it turns off the computer. I had NOD32 run the script through a scan with MS-DOS, I was wondering if Kaspersky had the same option. I need this to work, it's mandatory, if possible I would prefer to run the scan through MS-DOS (command prompt) itself.

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 8.10.2008 08:28
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
please don't make confusions, ms-dos does not = command prompt. almost no modern AVs would run in ms dos, they all are windows applications.
you can make a command line scan with kav, the options are covered in the help file.
that should be the basic command: c:\.....\avp.com SCAN /all

+Quote Post
MikhailCompo
post 30.11.2008 18:20
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 8.10.2008 04:28) *
hello
please don't make confusions, ms-dos does not = command prompt. almost no modern AVs would run in ms dos, they all are windows applications.
you can make a command line scan with kav, the options are covered in the help file.
that should be the basic command: c:\.....\avp.com SCAN /all

For the benefits of other users, in the help file (there is a shortcut to the help file in the start menu) there is a section towards the bottom of the index entitled "Working with the application from the command prompt". This has all the info required to perform a dos scan, from a clean boot, for example from a usb boot disk.

Hope this helps!

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 30.11.2008 18:35
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

great, try it, you will get a "This program cannot be run in DOS mode" prompt, and that's it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31.07.2014 19:31