Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cant Print with network printer
HughJass
post 3.01.2006 01:14
Post #1

Group: Members

Greetings,
Just installed a new HP3210 printer via network cable instead of the USB since it wouldnt reach where I wanted to put the printer.
Anyway, I cannot print unless I turn off Kap AntiHacker (1.8).
I have looked in the settings but do not see how to allow this to happen.
Plus I get messages that KAH has blocked an attack from the same IP as the printer.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stem
post 3.01.2006 22:35
Post #2

Advanced Member IV

This will depend on your setup (you did not mention if this was a connection by router, or a connection directly to your PC via ethernet/modem).

If you have a fixed IP for the printer on your network then a simple rule can fix this:-
Open AH, select "Packet filter rules" / New.
In the rules window that appears-
Protocol, select "Other IP protocol"
Properties, tick "Remote address"
In the rules description, change to "allows" then click on "Specify the address", in the window that appears, select "Subnet address" and enter the address of your printer (and the subnet mask, which is normally 255.255.255.0)
Click "Next" and enter a name for the rule
Click "finish"

NOTE: This rule will allow ALL comms between the PC and the remote IP

+Quote Post
HughJass
post 4.01.2006 00:52
Post #3

Thanks for the answer,
Yes I am connected through a router.
Worked Perfect!!
QUOTE(stem @ Jan 3 2006, 01:35 PM)
This will depend on your setup (you did not mention if this was a connection by router, or a connection directly to your PC via ethernet/modem).

If you have a fixed IP for the printer on your network then a simple rule can fix this:-
Open AH, select "Packet filter rules" / New.
In the rules window that appears-
Protocol, select "Other IP protocol"
Properties, tick "Remote address"
In the rules description, change to "allows" then click on "Specify the address", in the window that appears, select "Subnet address" and enter the address of your printer (and the subnet mask, which is normally 255.255.255.0)
Click "Next" and enter a name for the rule
Click "finish"

NOTE: This rule will allow ALL comms between the PC and the remote IP

+Quote Post
gazandwiz
post 27.04.2007 23:21
Post #4

I also am having intermittent problems with a network printer and turning off various parts of the software sometimes allows printing and sometimes does not. I'm using internet security 6 and the post above has instructions that are slightly different to my version and I've tried many different combinations of ip addresses etc etc and still can't print. Interestingly I can print from Excel and Publisher and other programs, but not Word or PDF files. Can you help me please?

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 27.04.2007 23:24
Post #5

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
go under settings->Anti-hacker->settings->zones and uncheck stealth for every zone, also on the zone with your printer make sure it's set to either local network or trusted. reboot after making those changes.

+Quote Post
k3vkoh
post 29.04.2007 09:03
Post #6

Hi,

Sorry to threadjack, but I have the same problem with my Epson printer after installing Kaspersky Internet Suite 6.0.2.621

The printer is connected to my computer through a USB connection, it is also a shared network printer. Another computer on the network tried to print, but the printer wouldn't respond (I saw it's file on the printing queue, but printer just wouldn't start).

I've tried scanning using the printer, it works fine, so I assumed the connection between my printer and the computer is working fine.

Any solution to this? How do I get the network shared printer to print files from another computer?

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 29.04.2007 12:32
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
does it help to disable anti-hacker and try to print with it disabled?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.08.2014 10:32