IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows Security Center says no virus protection, Disabled Virus Protection
spunky
post 3.08.2008 03:58
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi. I wanted to know if anybody else has a problem with the Windows Security Center saying that no virus protection is installed on the PC.
I am running the trial of Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.1.325 and at times the red shield with the white x shows up in the start up application bar next to the clock in the lower right hand corner of my PC and tells me that Kaspersky is turned off and to go to the Windows Security Center to fix the problem. But the only way to get the message to go away is to have it unmonitered by my PC. When I open up Kaspersky Internet Security it says "Your Computer Is Protected" at the top and everything is enabled.
This started out happening only when I would first start up the PC and then after about five minutes or so after start up, the red shield with the white x would disapear and when I would go to the Windows Security Center It said it was enabled.
But now the red shield with the white x that tells me virus protection is disabled just stays there continually.
Is this problem only with the trial version or this certain build of Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0? If anybody else is experiencing this problem, is there a fix for it?
I ordered this product from amazon.com yesterday so I hope when I put in the one year licence key it causes this problem to go away.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 3.08.2008 04:02
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Do this:

1. Temporarily disable the WMI service (Windows management instrumentation) in: Start >Run > type: services.msc and in there find/stop WMI

2. Next delete the C:\windows\system32\wbem\repository folder, wait for it to recreate (can take a bit of time)

3. Restart the WMI service & restart the computer

--------------------

+Quote Post
kevvy
post 3.08.2008 04:46
Post #3

QUOTE(spunky @ 3.08.2008 09:58) *
Is this problem only with the trial version or this certain build of Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0? If anybody else is experiencing this problem, is there a fix for it?

I have the same problem as yours on all my computers, using KIS 7.0 and 2009.

It only occurs when I first turn on the computer and Kaspersky is doing update it database.

Even KIS shown as your computer is protection but Windows Security Center says no virus protection.

I reboot computer again after the Kaspersky update, Windows Security Center went normal.

I am not sure if Kaspersky have issue the fixes ?

+Quote Post
Cytoned
post 3.08.2008 05:01
Post #4

Advanced Member II

Many will say this is a Microsoft problem - and in many cases it is. WMI is prone to becoming damaged. However I too experience this with KIS 2009, but not with my previous security software.

The solution for me was to just tell Security Center not to alert me or show the icon (Vista). If you're running XP -- you could just tell it that you have anti-virus software you'll monitor yourself.

If KAV/KIS does fail to run, or it is out of date, the program itself will tell you -- Security Center isn't needed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 3.08.2008 14:35
Post #5

Kaspersky Fan II

Sometimes this works itself out as you use the computer. You can also try CCleaner, a free utility, that among other things cleans parts of the folder described in post #2. Whatever you do make sure the "K" icon in the taskbar is red and keep opening the KIS GUI by clicking the "K" icon in the taskbar. The bar at the top should be green and telling you that "your computer is protected". If it is yellow or red there will be a "fix" button. Click that and it will tell you what to do. The whole problem with WSC is that sometimes it's right.

--------------------
Make sure you ACTIVATION CODE is listed and backed up in your My Kaspersky Account.

+Quote Post
LadyGreenEyes
post 5.09.2009 07:11
Post #6

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 3.08.2008 03:02) *
Do this:

1. Temporarily disable the WMI service (Windows management instrumentation) in: Start >Run > type: services.msc and in there find/stop WMI

2. Next delete the C:\windows\system32\wbem\repository folder, wait for it to recreate (can take a bit of time)

3. Restart the WMI service & restart the computer

Could you define "a bit of time"? Same issue here, among others, and more than 20 minutes, and still no new Repository folder. If it can take a couple of hours, ok, but would like to have a general idea. Thanks.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.09.2009 07:15
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Try re-enabling the service. And try a reboot.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Bradden
post 15.08.2010 15:35
Post #8

I've recently had this issue with KIS 2011 & Win 7 . I've tried the suggested fix but no joy. Anyone else having this problem?

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 15.08.2010 17:19
Post #9

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

please download and install the latest build of 2011 version 11.0.1.400. the former build (232) had a problem with security center status and also database dates not being updated properly for it's own taskbar icon.

once the new build is installed, run update and reboot when requested. it will install patch 'a' and bring you right up to speed.

security center should work fine then.

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
Bradden
post 15.08.2010 17:24
Post #10

QUOTE(antikythera @ 15.08.2010 13:19) *
please download and install the latest build of 2011 version 11.0.1.400. the former build (232) had a problem with security center status and also database dates not being updated properly for it's own taskbar icon.

once the new build is installed, run update and reboot when requested. it will install patch 'a' and bring you right up to speed.

security center should work fine then.

Thanks for the reply.. it's working now.

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 15.08.2010 22:14
Post #11

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

you're welcome

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post