IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky won't let me type on I.E
jafffa
post 5.07.2008 15:43
Post #1

Group: Members

Ok, sorry if i miss things out, i don't manage the protection on the computer that is affected by this problem. So you know i'm using a laptop to post that doesn't have the problem, thus allowing me to post.

The easiest way to describe the problem i'm having is that i can no longer type in fields whilest on internet explorer (latest version i believe, it has tabs). So i cant i type in googles search bar for instance. i can type in the adress bar.
Again i apologise that i don't fully know the version installed on the computer but i will list what i know. The computer runs XP and kaspersky anti-virus 7.0, it did has norton 360 installed but was switched after a year. This problem has only just started, if there is anything else you need to know, ask and i will atempt to aquire the answer. Any help is appreciated as login to email or anything else is impossible rendering the computer almost useless.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 5.07.2008 16:05
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Do this:

Download these: Norton removaltool, Windows script for XP and Regsupreme.

Uninstall Kaspersky, reboot and do this:

1. Install Regsupreme.
2. Use search to find/delete any files/folders left of Norton AV using the words Symantec & Norton.
3. Run the Norton removaltool.
4. Use Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.
5. Install Windows script and reboot.
6. Reinstall Kaspersky..

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafffa
post 5.07.2008 16:12
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 5.07.2008 13:05) *
Do this:

Download these: Norton removaltool, Windows script for XP and Regsupreme.

Uninstall Kaspersky, reboot and do this:

1. Install Regsupreme.
2. Use search to find/delete any files/folders left of Norton AV using the words Symantec & Norton.
3. Run the Norton removaltool.
4. Use Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.
5. Install Windows script and reboot.
6. Reinstall Kaspersky..

thank you very much, will post after with results, very hopelful

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.12.2014 05:53