IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update Distribution
Wesley Hardman
post 22.05.2008 19:50
Post #1

Group: Members

I was trying to create an Update Distribution, but it doesn't seem to be wroking right. All computers are Windows XP SP3, KIS 7.0.1.325.

I have one computer set to create an update distribution at \\server\Kaspersky.

If I run that computer, then update another using \\server\Kaspersky as the update source, it updates successfully. I then run the update again and I get Update is not required.
If I change the update source to Kaspersky Update Servers (http://dnl-usX.kaspersky.com) it will update saying that it completed successfully. If I run it again I get Update is not required.

Why am I recieving updates from the Kaspersky Update Servers, when I just updated to an update distribution, that was updated less than 10 minutes earlier?

I also noticed that the Update Distribution does not create/copy the .dif files, is this normal?

Thanks,
Wesley
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ronpezz
post 22.05.2008 21:04
Post #2

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Wesley Hardman @ 22.05.2008 11:50) *
I was trying to create an Update Distribution, but it doesn't seem to be wroking right. All computers are Windows XP SP3, KIS 7.0.1.325.

I have one computer set to create an update distribution at \\server\Kaspersky.

If I run that computer, then update another using \\server\Kaspersky as the update source, it updates successfully. I then run the update again and I get Update is not required.
If I change the update source to Kaspersky Update Servers (http://dnl-usX.kaspersky.com) it will update saying that it completed successfully. If I run it again I get Update is not required.

Why am I recieving updates from the Kaspersky Update Servers, when I just updated to an update distribution, that was updated less than 10 minutes earlier?

I also noticed that the Update Distribution does not create/copy the .dif files, is this normal?

Thanks,
Wesley

hi wes, why dont you just set to kaspersky server, or kaspersky server us, or the county your from & leave it alone. set the update settings to hourly or what you want & keep it that way. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Wesley Hardman
post 23.05.2008 21:44
Post #3

QUOTE(ronpezz @ 22.05.2008 13:04) *
hi wes, why dont you just set to kaspersky server, or kaspersky server us, or the county your from & leave it alone. set the update settings to hourly or what you want & keep it that way. dry.gif

Because I was wanting to create an update server to use. The option is there, why not use it, and save on bandwidth.

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 23.05.2008 21:49
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
what is downlaoded when you switch to servers?

+Quote Post
Baz^^
post 23.05.2008 21:52
Post #5

Wrestling Champion

Copy of the update report would be handy smile.gif

--------------------
Kind Regards,

Baz

+Quote Post
Wesley Hardman
post 24.05.2008 17:01
Post #6

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 23.05.2008 13:49) *
hello
what is downlaoded when you switch to servers?

It may be that there is just a new update by the time I finish running the updater. I tried it again yesterday and it gave no additional updates when switching back to kaspersky servers.

+Quote Post
Wesley Hardman
post 24.05.2008 17:25
Post #7

I just ran it again. If I switch to Kaspersky update servers and there is an update available, I was also able to update the Update distribution again. It appears as if Kaspersky does a really good job of updating. In less than 5 minutes there is already (an) update(s) available.

I guess I'll stick with the Kapsersky servers.

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 24.05.2008 17:41
Post #8

Are You Kidding?

that's why we want to see the available updates, could be just the indexes with the update dates & stats that's updated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.09.2014 15:50