IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> KIS 7.0.1.325 and remote desktop- Logmein.com, Cant use Kaspersky windowws remotely
ccd
post 8.05.2008 21:00
Post #1

Group: Members

I have a problem where i am remotely connected fine to the machine but the mouse will not move only any kaspersky window.

I cannot access any kaspersky windows remotely.

I'm guessing this is some anti hacker feature that i need to turn off somewhere?

I have logged in remotely even sitting right next to the target machine and watched both screens, while on my screen the mouse appears to be on the kaspersky window on the actual machine it gets stopped on an invisible edge all around the window.

I started up a program remotely and got a kaspersky popup to ask if it was ok to run and i cant click yes add to trusted. Grrr

What setting to i need to change without leaving my machine vulnerable.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
starwarp2000
post 8.05.2008 21:27
Post #2

QUOTE(ccd @ 9.05.2008 03:00) *
I have a problem where i am remotely connected fine to the machine but the mouse will not move only any kaspersky window.

I cannot access any kaspersky windows remotely.

I'm guessing this is some anti hacker feature that i need to turn off somewhere?

I have logged in remotely even sitting right next to the target machine and watched both screens, while on my screen the mouse appears to be on the kaspersky window on the actual machine it gets stopped on an invisible edge all around the window.

I started up a program remotely and got a kaspersky popup to ask if it was ok to run and i cant click yes add to trusted. Grrr

What setting to i need to change without leaving my machine vulnerable.

Hey ccd,
Is this Windows Remote Desktop you are using or some other program?

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 8.05.2008 21:58
Post #3

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

hello
you need to add the logmein applications (all of them) into settings>Threats and exclusions>trusted zone>trusted applications with the "do not check application activity" option enabled.

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 8.05.2008 21:58
Post #4

Professional

You need to add the following executables to TrustedZone with an option "Do not control application activity":
Ramaint.exe
Logmeintray.exe

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
ccd
post 9.05.2008 03:13
Post #5

Thankyou very much that did the trick. bravo.gif

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 9.05.2008 04:49
Post #6

Professional

QUOTE(ccd @ 8.05.2008 19:13) *
Thankyou very much that did the trick. bravo.gif

Enjoy the product!

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
bradavon
post 21.12.2008 23:05
Post #7

Advanced Member V

QUOTE(Whizard @ 8.05.2008 18:58) *
You need to add the following executables to TrustedZone with an option "Do not control application activity":
Ramaint.exe
Logmeintray.exe

This is also necessary with KIS 2009 (CF1 anyway) but you need to add:

LogMeIn.exe

That's the only one I had to add. Adding the other two had no effect. The LogMeInSystray.exe is just the System Tray icon anyway, it doesn't do anything else.

I discovered this while remotely accessing a PC (I wanted to enable KIS's E-Mail Notifications).

I had to use Microsoft's Remote Assistance (which you also need to Enable "Remote Desktop" in KIS for that to connect) to make the change but I had to use LogMeIn to click Allow (a Remote Assistance prompt on the recipient's PC), to Microsoft Remote Assistance before I could control the other PC.

Once Remote Assistance had control I could make the change in KIS, allowing LogMeIn to access KIS. I could then control KIS using LogMeIn. I then disconnected from Remote Assistance.

Thankfully you can use both LogMeIn and Remote Assistance at the same time (allow it's a bit iffy).

+Quote Post
Baz^^
post 21.12.2008 23:09
Post #8

Wrestling Champion

To all,

If an old topic has been resolved, and the OP is satisfied with the conclusion please do not "bump" the thread or add exta solutions...as this may lead to confusion and distrupts the answering of newer questions as they are moved down the forum pages in favour of ones that have had replies posted recently.

Cheers.

--------------------
Kind Regards,

Baz (volunteer moderator/beta testing lead -- I don't work for Kaspersky
)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.04.2014 13:05