IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you allow ports with KIS
imjouster
post 29.03.2008 12:08
Post #1

Group: Members

So I've been using KIS for about 6 months now, and so far I have only had one problem with it. When I'm playing a game like Starcraft I am allowed to join games, but anytime I make a game my "latency" is too high for other people to join it. I talked to some of the tech support people at Blizzard.net and they said all I need to do to fix that problem is allow incoming and outgoing UDP and TCP on port 6112. Well I went into my anti hacker and into settings, and can't find anything pertaining to port 6112. I've tried turning stealth mode off and that doesn't make a difference. And I've tried using both compatability mode and the other mode and neither one of them work right for me. Anybody have any ideas? I'm using Vista, KIS 6.0. Also have Spybot search and destroy on here. I have the windows firewall but I choose use the kaspersky one instead. Thanks for the help in advance.

Jeremy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 29.03.2008 12:10
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
the other mode being "high speed". upgrade to version 7 please, there were fixes in terms of gaming lags with version 7: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=61146

+Quote Post
imjouster
post 30.03.2008 06:27
Post #3

Alright I uninstalled 6.0 and installed the new version of 7.0. Love the new layout on 7.0. Still not sure about the program. Took me forever to get the computer to actually do a complete scan. Always would get hung up on the MSO files. I just ended up excluding those files from the scan and it worked fine. But when I went in to test starcraft again, it still didn't work properly. When I look at KIS it says that port 6112 UDP is open but it says nothing about ICP. And talking with the guy at blizzard he says that both incoming and outgoing 6112 ports need to be open. Any other suggestions?

Jeremy

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 30.03.2008 06:41
Post #4

Professional

Group: Moderators

Create a "Packet Rule" in Anti-Hacker Firewall Settings and you should be set.

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
imjouster
post 30.03.2008 06:49
Post #5

Well all I know is that it needs to be set to allow on ports 6112 outgoing and incoming so how should I set it up? Should I just have the checkmarks next to the local port and remote port and set those as 6112, and then have it set to allow inbound and outbound connections? Or do I need the local and remote IP addresses in there too? I don't know what the local and remote IP addresses would be...

Jeremy

On Edit: or do I just need to have the local port 6112 set to allow outgoing and incoming? and not worry about the remote port?

This post has been edited by imjouster: 30.03.2008 06:52

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 30.03.2008 07:02
Post #6

Professional

Hello Jeremy,

According to the following TechArticle you need to have:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21109
StarCraft:
- Allow port 6112 TCP and UDP out and in

Now in KIS make sure your Firewall is set to Maximum Speed under additional settings tab. Reboot. If its not better you will need to create two packet rules. One for UDP and one for TCP. I have attached an example for TCP. You should do the same for UDP by clicking on the higlighted "TCP" part and changing it to UDP.

Attached File  PacketRule.JPG ( 23,62K ) Number of downloads: 48

If you require further asisstance do post back! smile.gif

--------------------
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
imjouster
post 30.03.2008 07:36
Post #7

Well did all of that. changed the settings to hi speed and rebooted. That didn't work, so I made the 2 rules. I used the local port on both of them and entered port 6112 for each of them. One was ICP the other is UDP. Called a friend to have him try and get online, and he got the same message he has always gotten telling him the latency is too high. After going through the rules for applications and looking at starcraft it is allowing everything that it has a rule for. Any more ideas? should I set up the UDP port to be the remote port? Thanks for stickin with me through this.

Jeremy

On Edit: when I made the 2 rules I did go through the packet filtering area.

This post has been edited by imjouster: 30.03.2008 07:37

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 30.03.2008 07:46
Post #8

Professional

Its definately strange as "Packet Rules" have more priority than "Application Rules". But what if you create an application for for Startcraft's main executable and select "Any Activity Preset" would it work better? Also make sure you have Stealth Mode in OFF position. Also if you set the Firewall slider into "Low Security" any luck?

This post has been edited by Whizard: 30.03.2008 07:48

--------------------
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
imjouster
post 30.03.2008 08:21
Post #9

sigh, still no dice. I did have stealth mode on in like 2 zones. couldn't find an "any activity" preset so I just used the Allow All preset. Figured that was the same thing. So far I've tried it in Learning mode, and Low security. And neither way has worked. Right now I am in High speed, no stealth mode. windows defender firewall turned OFF, and low security. I'm running windows Vista, AMD Turion 64 TL-64 gold edition processor. 240gb hard drive, 2 gb ram. HP notebook.... um, anything else? Any other suggestions?

Jeremy

On Edit: I have to go somewhere for a couple hours, so I'll be back online in probably 2-2:30 hours. I'll check if you've found anything then. Thanks for all your help, too bad we couldn't get it figured out yet. If your gone when I get back I'll either ask someone else or come back on tomorrow. Thanks again.

This post has been edited by imjouster: 30.03.2008 08:23

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.03.2008 08:43
Post #10

Are You Kidding?

A GSI Report may help, please create GSI log, upload it to the parser site and post link to report, instructions see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36444

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
imjouster
post 3.04.2008 09:41
Post #11

Well just an update on my situation...

After doing all the things you guys told me I still can't get Starcraft to work properly on my home network. On the other hand, I went to a friends house the other night and just out of curiosity I tried creating a game there. BAM all of a sudden people were joining with no problems. So I thought I had done something to get it working. Get back home, and once again it doesn't work right. Well tonight I decided I wanted to try using our clearwire that we have as an extra internet line for now. Hook it up (its a direct plug in ethernet cable) and bingo it worked again. Go off of that, and back onto my wireless router and it doesn't work again. So at least its not a problem with KIS. Just thought you guys might like to hear that. If you have any suggestions on what to do about the wireless router then let me know. We got the router for free, and thats about what is worth, nothing. Were going to be getting another one at some point, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for all the help

Jeremy

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 3.04.2008 14:15
Post #12

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

did you forword that port into your router too?

+Quote Post
imjouster
post 4.04.2008 04:50
Post #13

No I did not try to do that, and honestly I have no idea on how to do that with our particular router. We have a lousy program that came with the router and it gives me no options whatsoever about allowing ports or anything like that. I'll probably just wait till we get a linksys router and then go from there and for now just use the clearwire when I want to play games. Thanks for all your help everybody.

Jeremy

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 4.04.2008 04:53
Post #14

Professional

Can you connect via a Web-Interface of that particular Router model?

--------------------
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.11.2014 15:48