Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kaspersky 6 key
sudored
post 28.01.2008 03:19
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

hi my kaspersky runs out in 140 days, when i bought it i bought 2 at the same time will kaspersky 6 key still work in june 2008?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bradavon
post 28.01.2008 04:12
Post #2

Advanced Member V

It's a complicated question I'm afraid:

1. Is it a code or key file? I believe key files have an unused expiration date of 3 months from purchase but codes don't (unless bought from Germany where they have an unused 12 month expiration from purchase).
2. When you bought two licenses did you get two codes or one? If you got one you have 3 months after you activate the first to activate the second. I've heard of cases where if you e-mail tech support they'll sort you out though.
3. A code for version 6 retail will work on version 7 retail. A code for version 6 oem may not work on version 7 oem but then I've read of cases whereby oem codes from version 6 worked just fine in version 7.

In short if it's a code yes it should be fine in June 2008. As you bought it I suspect if you have problems Tech Support will sort you out anyway.

p.s - Here is a large thread on the very subject:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=52949

This post has been edited by bradavon: 28.01.2008 04:15

+Quote Post
sudored
post 28.01.2008 04:24
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(bradavon @ 28.01.2008 00:12) *
It's a complicated question I'm afraid:

1. Is it a code or key file? I believe key files have an unused expiration date of 3 months from purchase but codes don't (unless bought from Germany where they have an unused 12 month expiration from purchase).
2. When you bought two licenses did you get two codes or one? If you got one you have 3 months after you activate the first to activate the second. I've heard of cases where if you e-mail tech support they'll sort you out though.
3. A code for version 6 retail will work on version 7 retail. A code for version 6 oem may not work on version 7 oem but then I've read of cases whereby oem codes from version 6 worked just fine in version 7.

In short if it's a code yes it should be fine in June 2008. As you bought it I suspect if you have problems Tech Support will sort you out anyway.

p.s - Here is a large thread on the very subject:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=52949

hi it was a store boxed version.

+Quote Post
bradavon
post 28.01.2008 04:34
Post #4

Advanced Member V

Is the serial number written on the back of the box/cd case? If so it's a code or on a file on the CD? Then it's a key file.

I believe the key files are an old way of issuing serial numbers so I suspect it's a code.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 28.01.2008 04:52
Post #5

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Activation Code versus Key file: Boxed CD contains Activation Code, activate with it. Don't loose the Activation code. Activation Code can be converted into a Key File, but I agree with Don, using Activation Code is better: The following from Don: "The code will work the next time you need to reinstall................for example in case of a new HD. The question should instead be why convert if you do not need it? When you convert you:

1. Activate the license immediately, which all do not need to if they have another license they want use fully first etc etc.
2. Limit the versions the key can be used on.....for example 2 years keys bought for 5.0 cannot be used for 7.0, you have to swing by support for a new code/key....free of charge but you have to wait for it which in case of new versions naturally is longer because of many requests at these times. That in theory could be done by Kaspersky centrally by making such a move just a matter of updating the activation servers or done via the convertion to a key ................at that time!
3. The point is........if you convert now you only have that choice, you cannot go back so to speak.

--------------------
Errare humanum est"

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.10.2014 11:01