Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 7 disables internet
Macca
post 23.11.2007 04:18
Post #1

Group: Members

hey...

just installed kis7 today.... activated it.... then restarted the system..... and my connexion stopped working.... instead of giving me the usual ip address n gateway of 124.125.xx.xx, it gave me an ip address of 169.xx.xx.xx.... i assumed the connexion went off for a while... but after logging in safe mode, it seemed to be working again... but again in normal mode, when kis7 was active, the net wudn't work... so i uninstalled kis7, restarted the system, and it seemed to work just fine....

came to the support forums, used the kaspersky removal tool to remove all remnants..... used the mcafee removal tool too, since i had mcafee before this.... so all previous av's were cleaned... then did a fresh install of kis7 again, and the same problem persisted.... net doesn't work even on exiting kis7 or removing it from startup.... seems it has to be uninstalled for my connexion to work again....

i did the gis parser thing, and here's the report file url:

http://gsi.kaspersky.fr/lire.php?hl=en&...amp;Microsoft=0

it shows 2 incompatible progs, namely ad-aware n windows defender, but i dont think those r exactly the issue since i tried disabling windows defender completely to try to make kis7 work, but that didn't help either....

i've read all over that kis7 is the best thing in the market, n frankly, i dont wanna try anything else.... wud be glad if some1 cud help me make this work.... thx in advance...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 23.11.2007 04:50
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. What build number of KIS 7? Are you starting off with All Default settings? Adaware and WD are both potential factors. Logitech item possibly is a factor. You are running XP, so NDIS filter (located in Windows wireless network connection properties) may be involved, but first, lets take a look at the build number.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Macca
post 23.11.2007 06:19
Post #3

7.0.1.227 if thats what ur asking.... yes, all settings r default... one thing i noticed was that USE PROXY SERVER was ticked in kis7 settings by default, even though i dont use any proxy.... did disable that, but didn't help....

n i have no clue abt the ndis thing..... mine's not a wireless connexion in case u wanted to know....

any way out?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 23.11.2007 06:28
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Uninstall and discard that build, it is a very early internal development build that was not released for forum beta testing. Install the current official release, 7.0.0.125 from Official source. Edit: You may need this to uninstall it (if you have re-installed it): http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

This post has been edited by richbuff: 23.11.2007 06:38

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Macca
post 23.11.2007 07:13
Post #5

thanks smile.gif

but i've installed a a kis 8 beta version i found somewhere which seems to be working perfectly.... so i think i'll stick to that for the moment....

kaspersky, so far, so good...

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 23.11.2007 07:17
Post #6

Professional

Group: Moderators

PLEASE, do not install early ALPHA versions on your machines, they are not meant for regular users. There will be ZERO support provided for it. By the way v8 does not have a Firewall module implemented as of yet. If you are still daring to try it out than welcome to beta section. You can find released products at http://kaspersky.com/productupdates and it recommended you ALWAYS download products directly from Kaspersky Labs and not internet sites. Who knows what malicious files are there.

This post has been edited by Whizard: 23.11.2007 07:19

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
Macca
post 23.11.2007 13:27
Post #7

ok... downloading the stable release from the website u just mentioned.... hope that works fine....

another issue, after installing the kis 8 alpha on my system, if i leave the system idle for a couple of hrs, something really starts hogging the memory, and the system kinda of becomes unresponsive.... i cant check the task manager to see whats causing the issue, cuz i cant get there frankly with the slow system.... so i had to reset the system.... i did un-tick CONCEDE RESOURCES TO OTHER APPLICATIONS to try n see if that wud fix it, but didn't help and after a couple of idle hrs the system became really really slow again.... any ideas?

+Quote Post
Macca
post 23.11.2007 14:14
Post #8

never mind..... installed the stable release n it works like a charm now..... thx mates! looking fwd to seeing it in action!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.11.2014 06:23