Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem with Steam
riclas
post 7.10.2007 21:48
Post #1

Group: Members

hi!
this was the best and most recent english thread on this issue i found on my search so i'm replying here ...
i have steam.exe and hl2.exe (and even the whole steam folder) on trusted zone and exclusions mask in KIS 7.0 and still KIS is allways asking me to allow hl2 connection... it's very annoying :\
if there is some known fix to this, besides shutting down KIS, please say so.

thanks,
riclas
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
drdos
post 7.10.2007 22:08
Post #2

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(riclas @ 7.10.2007 13:48) *
hi!
this was the best and most recent english thread on this issue i found on my search so i'm replying here ...
i have steam.exe and hl2.exe (and even the whole steam folder) on trusted zone and exclusions mask in KIS 7.0 and still KIS is allways asking me to allow hl2 connection... it's very annoying :\
if there is some known fix to this, besides shutting down KIS, please say so.

thanks,
riclas

riclas,

Perhaps this might help:

Frequently Encountered Messages:
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry327544

-drdos

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 7.10.2007 22:11
Post #3

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
unfortunatly that message is correct, steam & hl will change at each connection, so kis will alert according to that. unfortunatly for now there's no way to exclude a program from the firewall hash check. the only option is to set the firewall to low and delete the rules for those 2 applications in settings>firewall>settings>rules for applications.

+Quote Post
drdos
post 7.10.2007 22:29
Post #4

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 7.10.2007 14:11) *
hello
unfortunatly that message is correct, steam & hl will change at each connection, so kis will alert according to that. unfortunatly for now there's no way to exclude a program from the firewall hash check. the only option is to set the firewall to low and delete the rules for those 2 applications in settings>firewall>settings>rules for applications.

Lucian Bara,

Even though one would allow "All TCP and UDP Inbound and Outbound Connections for Firewall Rule (steam & hl)?

-drdos

+Quote Post
riclas
post 7.10.2007 22:29
Post #5

ok, thank you lucian, i had that done with kis 6 but changed those settings on 7.. was hoping there would be a better solution.
nice fast answers wink.gif

drdos like i said, i have all exclusions for steam and hl2 so , no, that doesn't work.

This post has been edited by riclas: 7.10.2007 22:30

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 7.10.2007 22:38
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

QUOTE(drdos @ 7.10.2007 21:29) *

Lucian Bara,

Even though one would allow "All TCP and UDP Inbound and Outbound Connections for Firewall Rule (steam & hl)?

-drdos

no, and unfortunatly not yet to exclude one app from that yet. been browsing through the registry, and found the HashFuncVersion value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\AVP7\profiles\Anti_Hacker\profiles\fw\settings . logic dictates that it controls the hash check and that setting it's value to 0 would disable the hashcheck for all applications (granted not a desirable solution), however logic is such a liar, so i will try to go through some testing before i can recommend something like that (it's a registry modification afterall, so it's not designed to be used by Average Joe)

This post has been edited by Lucian Bara: 7.10.2007 22:39

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 7.10.2007 22:47
Post #7

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 7.10.2007 20:38) *
no, and unfortunatly not yet to exclude one app from that yet. been browsing through the registry, and found the HashFuncVersion value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\AVP7\profiles\Anti_Hacker\profiles\fw\settings . logic dictates that it controls the hash check and that setting it's value to 0 would disable the hashcheck for all applications (granted not a desirable solution), however logic is such a liar, so i will try to go through some testing before i can recommend something like that (it's a registry modification afterall, so it's not designed to be used by Average Joe)

You know what Lucian, i agree, so please don't post such alternative solutions in the forum............................if some users want to be your guinea pig via PM's then ok, but not posted here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 7.10.2007 23:20
Post #8

Are You Kidding?

don't think it matters anyway, it's a self regenerating value, when you start the firewall it's reseted.

+Quote Post
MrApathy
post 8.10.2007 10:03
Post #9

I use steam and KIS7, but I've never encountered this problem. I have firewall training mode on, with steam and hl2 added to exclusions and in the firewall. IDS on, Proactive defense on, ect... I dunno why the original poster has this problem but I don't.

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 8.10.2007 15:10
Post #10

Are You Kidding?

strange enough it happens only on some pcs, but it's a correct popup, and it's because of the VAC anti-cheating system.

This post has been edited by Lucian Bara: 8.10.2007 15:10

+Quote Post
DonKid
post 8.10.2007 20:11
Post #11

Forum Elite

Group: Moderators

I didn't have this popup before, but now I have it too.No problem allowing it every time.It's just one click.

--------------------
When the humanity start to realize that there isn't race, creed, politics, money, our planet will be wonderful. Be always a humble person.

Antes de abrir um novo tópico Relatório GSI Suporte Técnico em Portugal Suporte Técnico no Brasil Threatpost Blog da Kaspersky

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31.10.2014 11:41