IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> McAfee Virus Scan Professional Bonus Pack
Teriann
post 25.08.2007 21:06
Post #1

Group: Members

I already have version 6 of KIS installed. (retail box version) It's run well for me and I have liked this software.

It's time to renew my key and I downloaded the free upgrade to version 7. It refuses to install insisting that I have "McAfee Virus Scan Professional Bonus Pack" on my system and need to uninstall it. There was never a McAfee product by that name (according to them)

I have even used the McAfee uninstaller that removes traces of their crap from your system. I've used CCleaner, I've used regcleaner, Tweak Now RegCleaner, and I've done a manual search of my system AND registry with no results for anything McAfee. Where do I go from here? Has anyone else had this problem? My license will expire on Aug 28 and I really don't like the idea of being without protection that I can keep updated. Am I going to have to find another security software to install? Or is there really some way to get past this stumbling block (bug) in the new version of KIS?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p2u
post 25.08.2007 21:25
Post #2

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(Teriann @ 25.08.2007 21:06)
Am I going to have to find another security software to install?  Or is there really some way to get past this stumbling block (bug) in the new version of KIS?
[right][snapback]424974[/snapback][/right]

Could you post an Autoruns log, please? You can save it through File - SaveAs.

Paul

--------------------
Adblock Plus content blocking filter: * (= show text only anywhere)
Exception rule for all: @@*$stylesheet (= show style sheet only anywhere)
Default exception rule for white-listed sites: domain name/$background,image (= images only from that domain only; no scripts, objects, or other elements)

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 25.08.2007 22:04
Post #3

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Try to remove any Mcafee regentry in: Click start on the keybord >> next click run >> enter regedit in the field >> now find the McAfee/NAI entry/entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\..............................that is if there is any at all of course! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Teriann
post 26.08.2007 01:39
Post #4

Group: Members

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 25.08.2007 13:04)
Try to remove any Mcafee regentry in: Click start on the keybord >> next click run >> enter regedit in the field >> now find the McAfee/NAI entry/entries in  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\..............................that is if there is any at all of course!  smile.gif
[right][snapback]425004[/snapback][/right]

There was NO reference to McAfee anything on the system. Not even in the registry. However, I decided for the umpteenth time today to give it another shot, and Lo and Behold, I now have version 7 installed and running. Weird, why it would tell me that so many times and then finally install properly.

Though, after I removed the ONLY entry I found regarding McAfee in the reg which was referring to the software uninstaller they provide, and did a COLD boot instead of a restart ('cause restart didn't make it work either), that it finally worked.

So, if you come here looking for the same answer, and you've already run the McAfee uninstaller software, you'll need to look in your registry and remove all instances of anything related to McAfee of any sort. (backup that registry first) And you'll also need to do a cold boot, not a restart of the system.

Thanks to all of you for the replies I did get. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Teriann: 26.08.2007 01:40

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.12.2014 17:38