Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I need to get rid of Kaspersky, how to uninstall this program
confused
post 2.09.2005 12:41
Post #1

Group: Members

Now KasperskyIS doesn't work at all and I need to get rid of it and go with another program like Norton. I have tried everything, even the program somebody else posted about using. Trojan Guardian or something like that, but that program did not help.

When I try to uninstal KIS, it says that unins.dat is corrupted and the uninstall stops.

I have been a long time user of Kaspersky products and never had trouble like I have had with this program. I understand that beta software is testing of the software more or less, but frankly if this is any example of Kaspersky's customer support and product support, this is the last time I use Kaspersky. All I want to do is uninstal this software, I have seen several posts about this problem, so Kaspersky has to know about it.

Big Time Confused
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vee
post 2.09.2005 13:15
Post #2

Advanced Member II

Group: Gold beta testers

ok:

1. when running beta software you should always have backup/image and this is not even beta, it is pre-beta
2. even in this pre-beta stage the product is greatly supported on this forum by Dev Team

so I see no reason for you anger because you should be aware what you are doing before you installed it.

for your problem try booting in safe-mode and uninstall/delete Kaspersky related files/folder or simply restore image that you have created before installing this pre-beta... rolleyes.gif... if you can not, try installing (btw. which build are you using?) build 195 again, restart and then un-install.

Regards,
vee

--------------------

+Quote Post
Afrodude
post 2.09.2005 13:35
Post #3

Advanced Member II

Exit KIS
Reinstall
Reboot
Uninstall

Should work ok.

+Quote Post
Micha
post 2.09.2005 21:01
Post #4

IT Security Lab Chief Analyst

Group: KL Japan

QUOTE(confused @ Sep 2 2005, 05:41 PM)
Now KasperskyIS doesn't work at all and I need to get rid of it and go with another program like Norton.  I have tried everything, even the program somebody else posted about using. Trojan Guardian or something like that, but that program did not help.

When I try to uninstal KIS, it says that unins.dat is corrupted and the uninstall stops. 

I have been a long time user of Kaspersky products and never had trouble like I have had with this program.  I understand that beta software is testing of the software more or less, but frankly if this is any example of Kaspersky's customer support and product support, this is the last time I use Kaspersky.  All I want to do is uninstal this software, I have seen several posts about this problem, so Kaspersky has to know about it.

Big Time Confused

Hi!

All I can say is --> Nomen est Omen.
1. As far as I know, there ARE NO "long time user of Kaspersky products" who will ever state "I`ll go with another program like Norton" :-D
2. You do NOT need ANY 3rd party software to fix Kaspersky-problems
3. This is NOT an "example of Kaspersky's customer support", but BETA software

Dear "confused", thank you very much for investing your precious time to beta test our software. I am not aware about your skills of beta testing but anyways, ... if you got a problem with it and can not properly compile a bug report, I would indeed suggest to NOT participate in such matters for your safety.
Hopefully you will get your system recovered soon by (surely available) backups.
Good luck with the next product of choice for the protection of your internet life.

Best regards

+Quote Post
vee
post 2.09.2005 21:10
Post #5

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Micha @ Sep 2 2005, 07:01 PM)
Hi!

All I can say is --> Nomen est Omen.
1. As far as I know, there ARE NO "long time user of Kaspersky products" who will ever state "I`ll go with another program like Norton" :-D
2. You do NOT need ANY 3rd party software to fix Kaspersky-problems
3. This is NOT an "example of Kaspersky's customer support", but BETA software

Dear "confused", thank you very much for investing your precious time to beta test our software. I am not aware about your skills of beta testing but anyways, ... if you got a problem with it and can not properly compile a bug report, I would indeed suggest to NOT participate in such matters for your safety.
Hopefully you will get your system recovered soon by (surely available) backups.
Good luck with the next product of choice for the protection of your internet life.

Best regards

this post was totally expected and is totally true tongue.gif ... I was just waiting to see who from KL Team would do it... so the award goes to Japan biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .

Regards,
vee

--------------------

+Quote Post
Micha
post 2.09.2005 21:41
Post #6

QUOTE(vee @ Sep 3 2005, 02:10 AM)
this post was totally expected  and is totally true tongue.gif ... I was just waiting to see who from KL Team would do it... so the award goes to Japan  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif .

Regards,
vee

YAY!

Haha, thanks for your support :-)

Greetings to Croatia

+Quote Post
Ludow
post 2.09.2005 21:42
Post #7

Advanced Member I

Oh well, that is sorta true. I don't see any reasons to being rude though.

--------------------
Windows 8 Pro
Asus G75

+Quote Post
Micha
post 2.09.2005 22:01
Post #8

QUOTE(Ludow @ Sep 3 2005, 02:42 AM)

Hi!

You are right, posting into a Kaspersky forum like " I need to get rid of Kaspersky" is a bit rude indeed, but well, ... still is a kind of forgivable.

Greetings

+Quote Post
vee
post 2.09.2005 22:18
Post #9

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Micha @ Sep 2 2005, 08:01 PM)
Hi!

You are right, posting into a Kaspersky forum  like " I need to get rid of Kaspersky" is a bit rude indeed, but well, ... still is a kind of forgivable.

Greetings

laugh.gif... my type... you wanna marry me ohmy.gif tongue.gif ?

Regards,
vee

--------------------

+Quote Post
Micha
post 2.09.2005 22:22
Post #10

QUOTE(vee @ Sep 3 2005, 03:18 AM)
laugh.gif... my type... you wanna marry me  ohmy.gif  tongue.gif ?

Regards,
vee

Can you cook? :-P

+Quote Post
Ludow
post 2.09.2005 22:25
Post #11

Advanced Member I

biggrin.gif I would not to wipe my ass with beta testers.

--------------------
Windows 8 Pro
Asus G75

+Quote Post
vee
post 2.09.2005 22:26
Post #12

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Micha @ Sep 2 2005, 08:22 PM)
Can you cook? :-P

depends how well you can digest rolleyes.gif ...

Regards,
vee

--------------------

+Quote Post
saso
post 2.09.2005 22:34
Post #13

Professional II

ok i will just leave this topic to you girls biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Micha
post 2.09.2005 22:44
Post #14

QUOTE(Ludow @ Sep 3 2005, 03:25 AM)
biggrin.gif I would not to wipe my ass with beta testers.

Hi!
So you tried that already with uncomfortable result?
Maybe you did miss the fact, that beta testers are not made for wiping somebodies ... something.
In my humble opinion Beta testers are a VERY important part of finalizing softwares. People who are spending their time doing that without getting ANY money for it are fans, techies, freaks etc. I am very grateful to such people, they are a vital part of the development.
4-layered recycle paper might be of better choice for your intentions.

Greetings

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 2.09.2005 22:47
Post #15

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(Ludow @ Sep 2 2005, 07:42 PM)

And neither do i, please keep it civil gentlemen.

I don't think Confused is being rude, he has in fact asked this question before and apparantly something has gone wrong in the communication chain and there is IMO no need to make a mockery of confused's ignorance regarding betasoftware. smile.gif

Confused please check your messages!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ludow
post 2.09.2005 22:48
Post #16

Advanced Member I

@micha

Your reply was rude dude. NOT MINE.

Cheers,

Ludow

EDIT2:

I dont see any reasons to mock posters (beta testers). I saw mischa's post (he/she is labeled as a staff member from KL). I hope u got me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Windows 8 Pro
Asus G75

+Quote Post
vee
post 2.09.2005 22:54
Post #17

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ Sep 2 2005, 08:47 PM)
And neither do i, please keep it civil. 

I don't think Confused is being rude, he has in fact asked this question before and apparantly something has gone wrong in communication chain and there is IMO no need to make a mockery of confused ignorance regarding betasoftware. smile.gif

Confused please check your messages!

I don't think anyone is being rude... if you go through 'confused' posts it seems he was given the advice few times and still have/had problems... I think Micha gave valid points as I also did... you shouldn't install any beta (especially pre-beta) software without image/backup... all of us that are beta testing KAV/KIS have had to reformat/restore our windows few times and we didn't threaten to go over to Norton or anyone else... I think that was more rude (to KL Team and all of us that are beta testing) then our 'fun' answers.

my intention was never to make mockery of confused ignorance and I am sure Micha's wasn't also.

but you can not blame us for having some fun in this sad world... so Don please don't be rude to us as we are all the same ...
ohmy.gif

Regards,
vee

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ludow
post 2.09.2005 22:59
Post #18

Advanced Member I

We are all volunteers. Some respect guys. smile.gif

--------------------
Windows 8 Pro
Asus G75

+Quote Post
Micha
post 2.09.2005 23:02
Post #19

QUOTE(Ludow @ Sep 3 2005, 03:48 AM)
@micha

Your reply was rude dude. NOT MINE.
Cheers,

Ludow

EDIT2:

I dont see any reasons to mock posters (beta testers). I saw mischa's post (he/she is labeled as a staff member from KL). I hope u got me. biggrin.gif

Well Sir,
No rudeness intended at all, I can assure you. I do post here in order to HELP people and if you found something looking like "mocking" (whatever that means), it was missinterpretation OR my lack of proper English.
As for reacting to posters, ... you might be aware of the fact , that posts on a forum like this include posts dumped by people, who are doing this by other purpose than the expected. THIS one just looked like one of those to me. I do appollogize, if it hit a "real" post THIS time. :-)
Greetings

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 2.09.2005 23:06
Post #20

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Vee, i'm not being rude to you, look through this thread, a user has problems with an uninstall and yes, he/she might not be well versed in the "rules" of betasoftware, but he/she deserves respect and not advices on marriage/cooking wink.gif i'm sure you can understand.

Btw. Confused have been referred to a KL-member before, but it seems something went wrong and it may even be my fault. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.10.2014 11:45