Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kl1.sys blue screen
guilijan
post 21.06.2007 05:55
Post #1

Advanced Member II

Group: Members

one otwo times per day I have a blue screen, debuging the dump file says taht it's probably kl1.sys.
I've uninstalled kav, use JV16 to clean the registry and do a new instyalation and the problem go on.
OS XPSP2, firewall Outpost 3.51.759.6511 (462)
Kav 6.0.2.621

Do somebody know how to solve this problem?

This post has been edited by guilijan: 21.06.2007 06:08
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Debug.txt ( 5.56K ) Number of downloads: 33

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 21.06.2007 07:29
Post #2

Professional

Group: Moderators

Please open a ticket with TechSupport:
http://kaspersky.com/helpdesk

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
ccolumbus
post 21.06.2007 09:33
Post #3

Advanced Member I

Hey guilijan,

By a chance, are you running other security software on your computer along with KAV ? (e.g.: Spyware Doctor, Spybot Search& Destroy with Tea Timer enabled, etc.)
It's well known that some security software create conflicts with KAV/KIS and provoke BSOD as well.

Carlos

+Quote Post
guilijan
post 21.06.2007 15:42
Post #4

Advanced Member II

Thank you both.
No. I'm not running any other securituy software. As you can see I've attached a little file that may be usefull if somebody knows what it say, I don't.
The only two things I've done was this (Outpost firewall forum):
(May be the second tweak the responsible of my problem?)

The main purpose of this FAQ is to make KAV/KIS work with Outpost without problems. As some of you may know, both KAV and KIS behave like a proxy in order to intercept network packets for scanning purposes. This way, Outpost gets bypassed and it may force you to have to add programs to Outpost's Trusted list, which is not recommended and it will also cause failing different tests, such as leaktests or online port scanning. This is from my own experience. I have not noticed any other downside and to avoid these issues you are advised to follow these steps (as written on Kaspersky and Outpost's Knowledge base):

" 1. Right-click Kaspersky AV icon in the system tray. In the shortcut menu select Settings.
2. Click Protection - Trusted Zone.
3. Click the Exclusions Masks tab - Add. Make sure the Object option is chek marked.
4. By the Object name click Specify.
5. Browse to the Outpost folder (by default C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall) and check mark the option "Include subfolders".
6. By the Checking task click Selected.
The line should look like this:

The object will not be scanned if the following conditions are met:
Object name: C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall
Checking task: any task

7. Save your settings by clicking OK 3 times.

Note: In order to avoid different problems with Internet access blocking, we strongly recommend that you perform the following steps:

1. Temporarily disable Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 Self-Defence under Settings - Service - Protection.
2. Run the Registry editor (click Start - Run. In the Run field type regedit and click OK).
3. Find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\KL1
4. Add DWORD value "PatchOB" the key. Right-click KL1 and select New - DWORD Value. In the Value name field type PatchOB.
5. Make sure that the value data is equal to 0x000000 (zero).
6. Reboot your PC.

Instead of modifiying the Registry you can download and run PatchOB and reboot your PC. This alternative is recommended, since it's unattended changing registry settings."

This post has been edited by guilijan: 21.06.2007 15:56

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.04.2014 04:22