IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Activation Code == License Key ?, Is activation Code equal to License Key?
aNewbie
post 22.05.2007 19:54
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello biggrin.gif

Does anyone know is the Activation Code equal to License Key?

I brought a "3 user license" box some time ago, and I had it installed on 1 machine. But then that machine broke down dry.gif , and I have to get it restored with a image. Then I found out that I only got the "Activation Code", but not the license key. Should I input the code in, and had it re-"activate". Or does anyone know where can I get this "license key" (so that I wouldn't used up all my keys on the same machine)? and how can I backup one? Thanks

And if I input the code in, will it count as 1 license used? or 2 ?? Thanks

Thanks for any help biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 22.05.2007 20:13
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

If you bought a 3 license activationcode, then it is good for that and you can install them on three pc's, it should not matter that you already use it on the same pc, just use the activationcode when you install. So be sure to have the activationcode saved for future use.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lagerx
post 22.05.2007 20:57
Post #3

Advanced Member IV

Group: Gold beta testers

You can make licence key at https://activation.kaspersky.com/

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 22.05.2007 21:00
Post #4

Professional

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(Lagerx @ 22.05.2007 18:57)
You can make licence key at https://activation.kaspersky.com/

yes
But not really needed you are being asked to use key or license number with install

--------------------

+Quote Post
sparkyspark
post 23.05.2007 00:28
Post #5

Advanced Member I

Is the 3 user license found here http://www.kaspersky.com/store?chapter=170...s80=3&prodid=80 just the one 25 digit activation code that works 3 times on seperate PC's.

This post has been edited by sparkyspark: 23.05.2007 00:30

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 23.05.2007 00:43
Post #6

Global Moderator

If you question are if you can only install it three times, then no, you can install them more than once on three pc's in your house...............as long as they are only installed on three pc's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sparkyspark
post 23.05.2007 01:01
Post #7

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 22.05.2007 20:43)
If you question are if you can only install it three times, then no, you can install them more than once on three pc's in your house...............as long as they are only installed on three pc's.

Thanks for the reply Don, the situation is we have 3 seperate PC's in 3 different houses, my own home, my sisters and my neighbours, two machines are due for license renewal on the 13th June and my sisters is due in 4 days time.
All our machines were enabled using 3 OEM discs given to us by the builder of the computers, which we all installed and activated using the original 25 digit activation keys. To clarify if I buy a 3 User License key can we use them on all 3 computers at 3 different addresses and if so is it just the one 25 digit activation code issued or 3 seperate individual codes, thanks.

+Quote Post
trjam1257
post 23.05.2007 03:00
Post #8

Oh hell Don. Why dont you folks just come out and say Kaspersky has no intention of allowing "us" poor suckers who bought the licence for memory zipper and got the suite free for 3 years, to upgrade to 7. Geez, your side stepping is no better then Aviras when it comes to just telling customers how it is.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 23.05.2007 09:27
Post #9

Global Moderator

QUOTE(sparkyspark @ 22.05.2007 23:01)
Thanks for the reply Don, the situation is we have 3 seperate PC's in 3 different houses, my own home, my sisters and my neighbours, two machines are due for license renewal on the 13th June and my sisters is due in 4 days time.
All our machines were enabled using 3 OEM discs given to us by the builder of the computers, which we all installed and activated using the original 25 digit activation keys. To clarify if I buy a 3 User License key can we use them on all 3 computers at 3 different addresses and if so is it just the one 25 digit activation code issued or 3 seperate individual codes, thanks.

Ah thats different, if you actually got three cd's with codes, you just use the one you used when you installed the AV in the first place on the rebuilt pc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 23.05.2007 09:30
Post #10

Global Moderator

QUOTE(trjam1257 @ 23.05.2007 01:00)
Oh hell Don. Why dont you folks just come out and say Kaspersky has no intention of allowing "us" poor suckers who bought the licence for memory zipper and got the suite free for 3 years, to upgrade to 7. Geez, your side stepping is no better then Aviras when it comes to just telling customers how it is.

Your rant has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread, would you kindly keep on topic ond open another thread with this!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashleyj
post 23.05.2007 10:32
Post #11

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 23.05.2007 06:27)
Ah thats different, if you actually got three cd's with codes, you just use the one you used when you installed the AV in the first place on the rebuilt pc.

I have a similar question.

I bought a copy of KIS from Amazon about six months ago that I installed on my desktop machine. Yesterday I purchased a three machine licence direct from Kaspersky UK to replace the expiring AV on my laptop machine.

All installed and working on the laptop but I was wondering if I could use the 3 machine code to 'renew' the licence on my desktop so as to bring then into sync regarding renewals.

Hope this make sense.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 23.05.2007 13:03
Post #12

Global Moderator

QUOTE(Ashleyj @ 23.05.2007 08:32)
I have a similar question.

I bought a copy of KIS from Amazon about six months ago that I installed on my desktop machine. Yesterday I purchased a three machine licence direct from Kaspersky UK to replace the expiring AV on my laptop machine.

All installed and working on the laptop but I was wondering if I could use the 3 machine code to 'renew' the licence on my desktop so as to bring then into sync regarding renewals.

Hope this make sense.

If you have one of the latest versions of 6.0, then you will be notified the last two weeks (if my memory serves me correctly), you just follow the link to the renewalpage.

Remember you can always download the latest versions from http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates, just uninstall what you have and keep the activationdata during the install, reboot and install the new version.

If i were you then i would wait for 7.0's release within the next few weeks and install that. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashleyj
post 23.05.2007 22:26
Post #13

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 23.05.2007 10:03)
If you have one of the latest versions of 6.0, then you will be notified the last two weeks (if my memory serves me correctly), you just follow the link to the renewalpage.

Remember you can always download the latest versions from http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates, just uninstall what you have and keep the activationdata during the install, reboot and install the new version.

If i were you then i would wait for 7.0's release within the next few weeks and install that.  smile.gif

Thanks for the info Don - I will check out version 7 when it is released.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30.10.2014 19:55