IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky disappeared Overnight, Need Help to get it back......
NEMike
post 14.05.2007 18:21
Post #1

Group: Members

I usually leave my PC on at night but shut down the monitor.

When I woke up this morning and turned the monitor on, I noticed that my PC had shut down and re started while I slept.

Then I noticed that the Kaspersky Icon had disappeared from the tray and I went into my control panel and also noticed it was gone.

I purchased it on line a few months ago. I am not a whiz on the PC (I am 68) and dont know how to get it back, or if there is someone to call that can check my account and verify that I own it, paid for it, and tell me how to re install it.

Or if anyone here can provide me with that information.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 14.05.2007 18:40
Post #2

Professional

Group: Gold beta testers

What version are you working with?

--------------------

+Quote Post
NEMike
post 14.05.2007 19:04
Post #3

QUOTE(Sjoeii @ 14.05.2007 17:40)
What version are you working with?

I am not sure. I bought it on line a few months ago.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 14.05.2007 19:43
Post #4

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Hi NEMike & welcome

Please contact support via this page:http://support.kaspersky.ru/helpdesk.html?LANG=en, choose key problem + either kaspersky 6.0 or Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 if you purchased the suite with firewall etc. It must be one of those if bought it on line a few months ago.

Then in the next page you checkmark "Skip the Step «Customer ID»" and continue. Hope this helps. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NEMike
post 14.05.2007 21:26
Post #5

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 14.05.2007 18:43)
Hi NEMike & welcome

Please contact support via this page:http://support.kaspersky.ru/helpdesk.html?LANG=en, choose key problem + either kaspersky 6.0 or Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 if you purchased the suite with firewall etc. It must be one of those if bought it on line a few months ago.

Then in the next page you checkmark "Skip the Step «Customer ID»" and continue. Hope this helps.  smile.gif

Thanks. Appreciated. It is very weird. When I got up this morning I could see that my pc re started and that the Kaspersky icon was gone. When I checked in my control panel, it was gone from there, too, like it was never installed.

I was going to do a system restore back to Friday, but decided to go another route first, through Kaspersky, and I will contact them.

Its really strange...I am no expert on computers but I know enough to do a few things, and anything I did did not work.

I have done a complete system recovery in the past, and that is when I bought Kaspersky and it has worked great, every night I have it on automatic scan around 2AM... and I wonder if that is when this all happened last night. Very weird. Thanks for your help.

I have re booted and can get on line, but if I close my browsers, they wont come back and I have to re boot again to get them to work. Its like everything shuts down... very weird.

This post has been edited by NEMike: 14.05.2007 21:27

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 14.05.2007 21:37
Post #6

Global Moderator

Hmm, i would do a couple of things.

1. Download KisKav6Remove.zip & .Regsupreme (install this one).

2. Unpack the downloaded archive KisKav6Remove.zip to a folder, boot into safemode and run the file KisKav6Remove.exe. When the utility finishes its work, restart the computer in the normal mode. Only works if installed in the default c:\ location with windows! Now i would run the trial of Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.

Boot into normalmode again.

This when you get the new key from Kaspersky support: Run System File Checker (sfc.exe), this will scan all protected Windows files to verify their versions have not been overwritten or damaged, and if so will replace the compromised version with a fresh copy. To run it, click Start/Run and type 'sfc.exe /scannow' (without the quotes but with the space between the 'e' and the '/'). Alternatively, you can click start/Run and type in CMD and click O.K., when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow". You will need to insert your Windows CD into the drive to enable sfc to effect the repair. Sfc.exe will just stop without any other sign than the statusbar is gone!

Install Kaspersky 6.0.2.621 which you can download in advance here:http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NEMike
post 14.05.2007 21:46
Post #7

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 14.05.2007 20:37)
Hmm, i would do a couple of things.

1. Download KisKav6Remove.zip & .Regsupreme (install this one).

2. Unpack the downloaded archive KisKav6Remove.zip to a folder, boot into safemode and run the file KisKav6Remove.exe. When the utility finishes its work, restart the computer in the normal mode. Only works if installed in the default c:\ location with windows! Now i would run the trial of Regsupreme, run it (use normalmode only, not aggressive), when finished scanning you rightclick and select "All", then you click "Fix" at the bottom, it will ask you if you wish to make a backup and you do, just to be safe.

Boot into normalmode again.

This when you get the new key from Kaspersky support: Run System File Checker (sfc.exe), this will scan all protected Windows files to verify their versions have not been overwritten or damaged, and if so will replace the compromised version with a fresh copy. To run it, click Start/Run and type 'sfc.exe /scannow' (without the quotes but with the space between the 'e' and the '/'). Alternatively, you can click start/Run and type in CMD and click O.K., when the black window opens type in "sfc /scannow". You will need to insert your Windows CD into the drive to enable sfc to effect the repair. Sfc.exe will just stop without any other sign than the statusbar is gone!
Install Kaspersky 6.0.2.621 which you can download in advance here:http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates.

Whew. What time will you be here tonight, at my home, to do that for me?
biggrin.gif Just kidding.

It looks confusing, but I will try it tonight, I think.

However, I have a psychological problem with going into "safe Mode" Many years ago with my first PC (this is my 3rd) my PC went into safe mode and I couldnt get out of it. Had to pay someone to help me.

How do I go to safe mode if I try that, and is it easy to get out of safe mode once in?

I appreciate your assistance.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 14.05.2007 22:03
Post #8

Global Moderator

Yes, it's easy and when you're done, you simply reboot via: Start > turn off computer > reboot.

Basicly you tab F8 while the pc boots, more here:

Windows 98/Me
Restart the computer.
Just after the POST diagnostics and memory count, start pressing the F8 key
On the Startup Menu, choose Safe Mode

Windows 2000
If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
When you see the black-and-white Starting Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, start tapping the F8 key. The Windows 2000 Advanced Options Menu appears.
Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected. In most cases, it is the first item in the list and is selected by default.
Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Windows XP

If Windows XP is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions.
If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NEMike
post 16.05.2007 02:27
Post #9

Hi. Just wanted to give you an update, and thank you for all your help.

I tried the easier method first. At least it seemed easier.

I went to the download page of Kaspersky and downloaded the "free" 30 day trial edition.

After downloading and installation, it seemed to pick up all of my information , probably from my ISP, and it looks like the comlete edition that I paid for. It accepted my passwords, etc..and it is operating just like it did after I bought, and paid for it.

I will know in 29 days if its just the free trial version that has installed or my original full version. I think its the full one.

Anyway, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

+Quote Post
NEMike
post 17.05.2007 08:03
Post #10

Very weird. ITS GONE AGAIN.

After I downloaded the free trial again, and it came back with allo my info from the one I bought, it was fine. it did act a little funny with warnings but they got deleted, etc...

So, I rebooted, which I dont do too often...and when the pc came back up Kaspersky was wiped out, again. Its like something is attacking Kaspersky and wiping it out every time I shut down. Very strange.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 17.05.2007 12:22
Post #11

Global Moderator

Now please do what i suggested in post #6 and remember you will need the activationcode/key you have contacted support to get replaced.

After you have done the steps and reinstalled 6.0.2.621, you udate it and after the update is finished you rightclick on the tray-icon and choose "Scan my computer" and see if it finds anything. Post back.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.08.2014 22:06