IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't download KAV 2014
jim427
post 21.02.2014 19:08
Post #1

Group: Members

When I click on the download for 2014 it starts loading and progresses over several minutes from 1% to 100% as it should. Then a box comes up saying it is running a security scan. All normal. Then the security scan abruptly ends and says file couldn't be downloaded, Internet Explorer suddenly stops working with an error message that says "IE has stopped working". Internet Explore then restarts. If I try again, I get the same scenario all over again. Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 22.02.2014 03:39
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
jim427
post 3.03.2014 19:57
Post #3

Just tried to download the log tool. I get the error message "getsysteminfo.exe can't be downloaded". IE shuts down and restarts just like it does when I try to download the KAV 2014 file.

edit: del broken quote.

This post has been edited by richbuff: 4.03.2014 04:35

+Quote Post
Adam 1972
post 3.03.2014 21:41
Post #4

Advanced Member V

Group: Gold beta testers

Can you try and download from another browser if you have one installed such as Firefox or Chrome.

--------------------
Real machine, custom Build with ASUS® Z87-K: ATX, USB2.0, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, XFIRE Motherboard, Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache, Windows 8.1 update 1 x64 with all updates, 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast Dual-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 graphics, 2x1Tb internal drives, Firefox 32 (Default Browser), Palemoon 24.7.1, Internet Explorer 11, Kaspersky Total Security 2015 MR1 RC

GetSystemInfo Instructions Product Updates Submit Tech Support Request How to take a screenshot

Gold Beta Tester KIS 2015

+Quote Post
jim427
post 4.03.2014 02:51
Post #5

QUOTE(Adam U.K @ 3.03.2014 11:41) *
Can you try and download from another browser if you have one installed such as Firefox or Chrome.

Ok, I was able to download and run the file by using Chrome. Obviously there is a problem with IE. Here is the link it created. http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f7298549ded8431

Is this what you need? It also created this file on my desktop.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_REML_JJONES_jjones_2014_03_03_16_39_31.zip ( 281,39K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 4.03.2014 04:57
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

You have an ancient Kaspersky Business product installed. Please tell us what you want to do. Please uninstall old Kaspersky product before you install new Kaspersky product.

Please reset IE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

You have junkware. Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ Update it first, scan and attach its log, but Please Don't remove anything yet, until the log is reviewed.

Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) and save it on your Desktop.

Right click the file that you saved and Run as administrator, press the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.

When the scan is complete, the report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].Txt
Attach the text to you next post.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
jim427
post 5.03.2014 06:31
Post #7

QUOTE(richbuff @ 3.03.2014 18:57) *
You have an ancient Kaspersky Business product installed. Please tell us what you want to do. Please uninstall old Kaspersky product before you install new Kaspersky product.

Please reset IE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

You have junkware. Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ Update it first, scan and attach its log, but Please Don't remove anything yet, until the log is reviewed.
Download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) and save it on your Desktop.

Right click the file that you saved and Run as administrator, press the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.

When the scan is complete, the report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].Txt
Attach the text to you next post.

This is a company PC that I have inherited. What do I need to do to update my KAV files? That is why I was trying to download KAV 2014 when all this began. I did as suggested, and have attached the files.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  MBAM_log_2014_03_04__20_04_28_.txt ( 36,65K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  AdwCleaner_R1_.txt ( 4,73K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.03.2014 09:26
Post #8

Are You Kidding?

1. Remove selected everything that Malwarebytes detects.

2. Close all browsers, then re-run AdwCleaner by right click > Run as administrator, check all detected, then click Clean and wait until removal is complete > reboot.
The report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].Txt.
Attach the report to your next post.

3. Uninstall the ancient Kaspersky product > reboot, then download and install your current Kaspersky product > update databases > reboot.

Any better?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jim427
post 6.03.2014 05:09
Post #9

QUOTE(richbuff @ 4.03.2014 23:26) *
1. Remove selected everything that Malwarebytes detects.

2. Close all browsers, then re-run AdwCleaner by right click > Run as administrator, check all detected, then click Clean and wait until removal is complete > reboot.
The report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].Txt.
Attach the report to your next post.

3. Uninstall the ancient Kaspersky product > reboot, then download and install your current Kaspersky product > update databases > reboot.

Any better?

After doing all as suggested, I attempted to download KAV 2014 and I still get the same thing. It starts the download, goes from 1% to 100%, IE abruptly stops working and restarts. I then just tried to download a random program, and the same thing happens. I cannot download anything with IE. I am able to download using Chrome, and I could work with that, but what is happening with IE?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  AdwCleaner_S0___2.txt ( 4,48K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  mbam_log_2014_03_04__18_39_24___2.txt ( 43K ) Number of downloads: 3

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.03.2014 06:14
Post #10

Are You Kidding?

Did you successfully install Kaspersky? If yes, your primary issue, as relevant to this forum, is resolved.

IE: Did you reset IE?

If yes, and still no go, that is not a Kaspersky related issue. Microsoft Support or general computing forum may be your best bet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jim427
post 7.03.2014 04:30
Post #11

QUOTE(richbuff @ 5.03.2014 20:14) *
Did you successfully install Kaspersky? If yes, your primary issue, as relevant to this forum, is resolved.

IE: Did you reset IE?

If yes, and still no go, that is not a Kaspersky related issue. Microsoft Support or general computing forum may be your best bet.

I have not installed a new version of Kaspersky as I was using IE to download it, and that will not work.

I did reset IE which did not resolve the issue. I guess I'll uninstall/reinstall IE.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18.09.2014 17:42