IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mysearchdial virus, How do I remove it
snowdrops
post 27.01.2014 19:05
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi I have run Kapersky on full scan and it failed to pick up the mysearchdial virus which is annoying. How do I remove it. Think I have done this through google search for Chrome but it is still on Internet Explorer which will not load. The homepage defaults to http;//g.uk.msn.com and wont delete. Please help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MikroTik
post 27.01.2014 20:24
Post #2

Kaspersky Fan I

Group: Members

QUOTE(snowdrops @ 27.01.2014 20:05) *
Hi I have run Kapersky on full scan and it failed to pick up the mysearchdial virus which is annoying. How do I remove it. Think I have done this through google search for Chrome but it is still on Internet Explorer which will not load. The homepage defaults to http;//g.uk.msn.com and wont delete. Please help.

Welcome !
If you wish to investigate this issue further here at this forum, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic.
There, you will find instructions for logs.
Please see the first and second Important topics. There, you will find preliminary instructions for this forum section.

--------------------

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 28.01.2014 03:20
Post #3

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Also, in addition to what MikroTik indicates in the post above,

Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok,
and do a databases update > reboot, then do a scan.

After that, uninstall any recently installed junk > reboot.

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions in all of your browsers.

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.12.2014 00:50