IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nation Zoom
8liverton
post 18.01.2014 00:29
Post #1

Group: Members

Can anyone help me get rid of this site Nation Zoom it's driving me mad .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 18.01.2014 03:05
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok,
and do a databases update > reboot, then do a scan.

After that, uninstall any recently installed junk > reboot. Then go back and repeat this step. Review your list of Programs and uninstall all of the recently installed junk.

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions in all of your browsers.

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
newmanuk
post 24.01.2014 23:56
Post #3

Group: Members

Hello,

I had the same problem. I spent almost two hours trying to remove this nation zoom nuisance. I did what richbuff said and I was able to remove a few programs that shouldn't have passed Kaspersky's detection in the first place! However, I still had to fix a few things here and there manually but the trickiest part was when I found out that it actually hijacked Chrome shortcut as well, thanks to this ~, if you won't clean the shortcut the nation zoom bug will be loaded no matter what you do. So, it's a very important step. It's simply clever and works just fine, who ever created this is dr. evil to say the least. Then I ran Malwarebytes, it removed a few more PUPs. My PC seems to be fine now.

It would be really great if Kaspersky could block such annoying browser hijacking programs automatically without the need to enable detection through additional settings.

P.S. your validation email went straight to spam, quite unsolid for a company like Kaspersky wink.gif

edit: del link to external disinfection instructions.

This post has been edited by richbuff: 25.01.2014 02:40

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.10.2014 07:29