IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KAV 2014 - Restart loop, Won't install - keeps asking me to restart the PC
Steve S.
post 7.01.2014 05:43
Post #1

Group: Members

KAV for PCs 2014 won't complete install. The disc spins up and it looks like it is going to do a regular install but then a box comes up saying that I need to restart the computer and the installation will complete. It never does. I have tried loading from disc and from the web, but to no avail. Attached should be the report I just ran. I am a first time poster.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_SB_105_ssweeney_2014_01_06_17_20_36.zip ( 295,49K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve S.
post 7.01.2014 05:53
Post #2

QUOTE(Fandroid82 @ 5.01.2014 02:39) *
So today I emailed their support about high RAM usage, but I was also wondering if I'm not the only one. Are any of you guys experiencing the same problem? It's also pretty slow at starting up when the computer first boots up...

Yes. I finally figured out that KAV was messing with my Google Earth Pro, causing it to crash. I observed avp.exe consuming 222MB and moving all over the Task Manager board. I am trying a reinstall of the KAV (just in case it was corrupt) and now the program keeps telling me to restart suring the beginning of the installation process. Very frustrating!

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.01.2014 06:24
Post #3

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. i consolidated your two posts to here, to prevent two different locations for your replies.

First, please see the Summery > Suspicious tab of your parsed report. You can parse your report by uploading the .zip or the .txt gsi log to www.getsysteminfo.com, or as indicated in the fifth Important topic.

Next, please uninstall the applications that are listed in the Summery > Suspicious tab of your parsed report.

After that, there are Kaspersky leftovers showing up in your report.

1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. Please run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Steve S.
post 8.01.2014 05:37
Post #4

I hope this is getting to you. I don't know how I got here. Why doesn't this dialogue show up on my My Controls page? Not getting the layout...

OK Rich - I removed Babylon toolbar, but I cannot find anything containing "Embassy". I have Dell Security Device Driver Pack and Dell ControlPoint Security Manager. Also nothing by Wave Systems.

Ps. is buff a reference to working out or to B-52s?

Thanks.

QUOTE(richbuff @ 7.01.2014 06:24) *
Welcome. i consolidated your two posts to here, to prevent two different locations for your replies.

First, please see the Summery > Suspicious tab of your parsed report. You can parse your report by uploading the .zip or the .txt gsi log to www.getsysteminfo.com, or as indicated in the fifth Important topic.

Next, please uninstall the applications that are listed in the Summery > Suspicious tab of your parsed report.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. Please run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report.

+Quote Post
Steve S.
post 8.01.2014 05:39
Post #5

Forget my first line - I see how to get here now!
QUOTE(Steve S. @ 8.01.2014 05:37) *
I hope this is getting to you. I don't know how I got here. Why doesn't this dialogue show up on my My Controls page? Not getting the layout...

OK Rich - I removed Babylon toolbar, but I cannot find anything containing "Embassy". I have Dell Security Device Driver Pack and Dell ControlPoint Security Manager. Also nothing by Wave Systems.

Ps. is buff a reference to working out or to B-52s?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 8.01.2014 06:46
Post #6

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Did you run the removal tool as i indicated? Please do so ,if you have not, and then post a new GSI report.

Repeated: First, please see the Summery > Suspicious tab of your parsed report. You can parse your report by uploading the .zip or the .txt gsi log to www.getsysteminfo.com, or as indicated in the fifth Important topic.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.09.2014 10:41