IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> KIS 2014 installing, keeps asking me to restart the computer, [asks to restart computer]
akins
post 4.12.2013 13:48
Post #1

Group: Members

upgraded my windows to 8.1 Pro. had KIS 2013 installed but after the upgrade , i was told to re-install the KIS 2013 that some components where missing. Instead, so i decided to install KIS 2014. But during the process of installing it, it keeps asking me to restart my computer and i keep restarting it. i restarted it close to like 10 times, then it showed application not installed retry installing the application. For like 3 days now i have been trying to install it and i dont have any anti-virus on my computer again as i have un-install the KIS 2013. help needed seriously. thanks.

i have attached the system info to this post
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GetSystemInfo_AKINS_PC_akins_2013_12_03_17_56_11.zip ( 158,43K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.12.2013 03:43
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. 1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464 Select what specific product is shown.
Please do Not make any other selections. Only select what product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select what specific product is shown. If/when no specific product is shown, reboot after running the tool for the final time.

Then try install Kaspersky. Update databases > reboot after install.

Any better?

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
akins
post 5.12.2013 14:30
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(richbuff @ 5.12.2013 03:43) *
Welcome. 1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464 Select what specific product is shown.
Please do Not make any other selections. Only select what product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select what specific product is shown. If/when no specific product is shown, reboot after running the tool for the final time.

Then try install Kaspersky. Update databases > reboot after install.

Any better?

thanks, it installed.
really appreciate the help.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.10.2014 09:33