IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 2014 Gadget is missing after install IE 11 on Windows 7. , merged with same.
Indio
post 14.11.2013 12:28
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

Is well known that nowadays (MS-Internet Explorer) Upgrade their new Ver. Automatically. They carry out the installation in my PC-Today of (IE-11) without any problem. The
computer it was rebooted and displayed all the desktop icons. But the last step, when the Kaspersky (Red-K-Icon) finish enable the 'Kis-14' The Green PC-icon, located in the right upper corner, didn't appears anymore

I troubleshooted by rebooting twice, repeat the procedure to drag the icon to the right UpperCorner, when I release the mouse the Icon disappears. I ask to those, who have upgraded the (IE-11) if they had similar errors and suggestMe, some workarounds to solve this issue. Thanks in advance. Regard < INDIO >
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 14.11.2013 12:43
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Are you referring to the Kaspersky desktop Gadget?

What operating system?

Please right click on your desktop and select gadgets. Is the Kaspersky Gadget shown? Select and add, or similar. Any better?

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Indio
post 14.11.2013 13:24
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 14.11.2013 00:43) *
Are you referring to the Kaspersky desktop Gadget?

What operating system?

Please right click on your desktop and select gadgets. Is the Kaspersky Gadget shown? Select and add, or similar. Any better?

1) Yes I do. The KGadget located at the upper right corner
2) OS - Win7Pro (64bit.SP1)
3) Went through that step. Right ClickDesktop>WinGallery>Click KIcon>Drag it to RightUpperCorner> WhenReleasePointer>GadgetDisappears.
4)After greenIcon disappears a BlackShortRectangle showUp for a seconds N' get, vanished too
5)I rebooted twice, repeat the procedure, but no lucky
6)Went again to GadgetWin. I Un & Installed the KIcon, but noGet any better. Any other suggestion welcome. <INDIO>

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 15.11.2013 02:57
Post #4

Oldtimer

3) Instead of click and drag the gadget, please double click the gadget. Please see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...asked-questions

Quote: "To add a gadget to the desktop

Right-click the desktop, and then click Gadgets.

Double-click a gadget to add it to the desktop."

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Indio
post 15.11.2013 06:40
Post #5

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 14.11.2013 14:57) *
3) Instead of click and drag the gadget, please double click the gadget. Please see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...asked-questions

Quote: "To add a gadget to the desktop

Right-click the desktop, and then click Gadgets.

Double-click a gadget to add it to the desktop."

Hi-Rich: I followed the Workaround: Right.click/Desktop >In Gadget.gallery/Win >Dble.Right/click/KGadget N' should jump to Desktop. but only shows a blink/black/rectangle, N' disappears too. Gallery Window shows 10 icons, I Dble/Right.click, some N' get displayed in the desktop quicly, except the KGadget.

I'm able to drag the Kgreen/gadget to right/Upper/corner-but doesn't "Stay ON" after release the cursor.
Definetely the KGadget get corrupted after installation of (MSIE-11) Is getting tough
but it gotta be a solution. Any other fixes welcome <INDIO>

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 15.11.2013 06:52
Post #6

Oldtimer

Double Left click, not double right click. smile.gif

If still no go: Two ideas: GSI report, and inform Tech Support.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gringopig
post 15.11.2013 21:35
Post #7

Advanced Member I

This is an issue with IE11 and probably one of the hotfixes that accompanied it. I ran into this last night on 2 machines. Installed IE11 and November patch, rebooted OK but when offered a successive 2 (KB2836502 was one of them - 1MB in size) and rebooted, the sidebar hadn't started. The process was there but no sidebar and therefore gadgets.

I could right click on the desktop and toggle 'show desktop gadgets' to get them back but it wouldn't start with Windows.

Long and short of it: uninstall IE11 and KB2836502 if you see them installed and choose to hide future offerings.

Not specifically a Kaspersky issue but Microsoft's fault.

+Quote Post
fordey48
post 15.11.2013 22:31
Post #8

The KIS 2014 Gadget is missing after the latest Windows 7 (64-bit) update and I am unable to reinstate it (it just disappeears).

Windows 7 update details if relevant:
Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.161.2195.0)
Installation date: ‎15/‎11/‎2013 17:10
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Important
Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.
More information:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...t/overview.mspx
Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52661

I accept the KIS gadget is not essential but it is disturbing that it is no longer displayed.

I read several comments in a Windows forum about Microsoft recommending that gadgets are insecure and should not be used, especially those for security apps.

Other gadgets are still okay but the standard analogue clock gadget is also missing, and that doesn't have internet access.

Anyone know what is going on?

edit: Merged. And original topic title: PC-Green (Kis-14) Icon Removed After (IE-11) Installed, Icon refuse to stay ON

This post has been edited by richbuff: 16.11.2013 04:48

+Quote Post
fordey48
post 16.11.2013 22:22
Post #9

QUOTE(gringopig @ 15.11.2013 18:35) *
This is an issue with IE11 and probably one of the hotfixes that accompanied it. I ran into this last night on 2 machines. Installed IE11 and November patch, rebooted OK but when offered a successive 2 (KB2836502 was one of them - 1MB in size) and rebooted, the sidebar hadn't started. The process was there but no sidebar and therefore gadgets.

I could right click on the desktop and toggle 'show desktop gadgets' to get them back but it wouldn't start with Windows.

Long and short of it: uninstall IE11 and KB2836502 if you see them installed and choose to hide future offerings.

Not specifically a Kaspersky issue but Microsoft's fault.

Your right.

I uninstalled the IE11 update (3 days ago), reinstated the Gadgets platform that I had disabled and rebooted. Lo and behold the missing gadgets had returned, including half a dozen duplicate gadgets from my previous abortive attempts rolleyes.gif . I'll be more careful about automatically applying all the recommended Windows updates in future.

+Quote Post
NorskYorkie
post 17.11.2013 05:22
Post #10

OK, I know Microsoft are doing away with Gadgets because they think they're open to attack but I like the Kaspersky Internet Security Gadget that I had on my desktop, when the tick appeared in the monitor screen it gave me confidence that KIS was up and running.

I've put an icon in the task bar but it isn't the same as my Gadget now doesn't work, has anyone else lost theirs?

While I'm at it KIS 2014 seems to take ages to load.

+Quote Post
Indio
post 17.11.2013 11:41
Post #11

Advanced Member I

According with "WIKIPEDIA" In computing a GADGET is a small APP - with a limited performance N' can be installed and executed, within a Desktop or Webpage
by a PC-User, known as well as Widget.badge.Snippet, etc. having said that it give us an idea of the importance
for AVirus companies to ID-Themselves, with one this in the market.

Kaspersky.Users, get this Gadget, since 2yrs ago, via (Kis-installation) it gives a sense, like 'NorskYorkie' said of security, after we logged IN
and losing it after install (IE-11) is unacceptable, roll back to (IE-10) is the only choice to get it back. KLab should launch, their own
N' no depends, from another third party. Hopefully the "Fix" be added to patch(d) want more
info click this link: http://addgadgets.com/faq/ :: Written by <Indio>

+Quote Post
go1617
post 19.11.2013 17:43
Post #12

I've restarted my computer and the Kaspersky Gadget icon no longer appears on my desktop. I've tried right-clicking on the desktop and opening gadgets. The Gadget icon appears in there but when I try to add it to my desktop, it doesn't do anything. Thanks for the help.

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 19.11.2013 19:17
Post #13

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

Welcome. Please see if anything is this thread might provide a clue. Especially #7 & #9. http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=279001

--------------------
Tech Article: Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 release info, Patch B-E for version 14.0.0.4651

2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
Chewie
post 19.11.2013 21:46
Post #14

QUOTE(go1617 @ 19.11.2013 16:43) *
I've restarted my computer and the Kaspersky Gadget icon no longer appears on my desktop. I've tried right-clicking on the desktop and opening gadgets. The Gadget icon appears in there but when I try to add it to my desktop, it doesn't do anything. Thanks for the help.

Microsoft doesn't support gadgets any more due to security issues. The Windows Gadgets site has links to details if I recall correctly.
In all probability, a Windows update has disabled them without telling you.

+Quote Post
go1617
post 19.11.2013 21:57
Post #15

Thanks for the info Rudger79 & Chewie. That seems to be the same issue that I am having. The gadget doesn't seem that it is essential for KIS but it was always a nice feature to have. Hopefully there will be a fix for it without having to remove the latest Microsoft updates

Thanks

+Quote Post
SuperCopier
post 20.11.2013 00:34
Post #16

QUOTE(Chewie @ 19.11.2013 18:46) *
Microsoft doesn't support gadgets any more due to security issues. The Windows Gadgets site has links to details if I recall correctly.
In all probability, a Windows update has disabled them without telling you.

What are you talking about ? Microsoft has not disabled the gadgets, it's an issue between the last ie11 updates and kaspersky.

+Quote Post
Chewie
post 20.11.2013 01:12
Post #17

QUOTE(SuperCopier @ 19.11.2013 23:34) *
What are you talking about ? Microsoft has not disabled the gadgets, it's an issue between the last ie11 updates and kaspersky.

I said 'in all probability', which in no way constitutes a definite statement of truth or accuracy.
M$ don't support desktop gadgets or the Vista sidebar any more though:
"Gadgets are no longer available on our website because the Windows Sidebar platform in Windows 7 and Windows Vista has serious vulnerabilities."

+Quote Post
SuperCopier
post 20.11.2013 03:47
Post #18

QUOTE(Chewie @ 19.11.2013 22:12) *

Gadgets are no longer available on Windows 8.x, but the sidebar is still completely functional on Windows 7 and Vista. It won't be disabled.

+Quote Post
MsMousse
post 8.12.2013 19:15
Post #19

QUOTE(go1617 @ 19.11.2013 08:43) *

Same issue here and I use Chrome, not IE. If you go into Start - type "side" - click on "view list of running gadgets" a window comes up showing all your currently running gadgets. For me, it shows the Kaspersky gadget as running but I can't see it on the desktop! It's like it's hidden somewhere????

+Quote Post
nuvtazio
post 8.12.2013 20:50
Post #20

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(MsMousse @ 8.12.2013 16:15) *
Same issue here and I use Chrome, not IE. If you go into Start - type "side" - click on "view list of running gadgets" a window comes up showing all your currently running gadgets. For me, it shows the Kaspersky gadget as running but I can't see it on the desktop! It's like it's hidden somewhere????

I greet all
this is the answer to microsoft (Italian support)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&...s&sandbox=1

with a recent microsoft update has disabled gadget even on older OS....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719662/en-us

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&...t&sandbox=1

This post has been edited by nuvtazio: 8.12.2013 20:57

--------------------
log GSI | upgrade prodotti KL | ultima versione prodotti | Kavremover | come postare nel forum | tutorial mirati: Come generare un report di GetSystemInfo (VIDEO)

Windows 8.1 x64 / Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 14.0.0.4651 ( f )
Windows 7 x86 (sp1) / Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 (15.0.0.420en) beta
REAL MACHINE
(kav5-kav6-kis7-kis2009-kis2010-kis2011-kis2012-kis2013)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.04.2014 18:48