Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 2014 v14.0.0.4651(c) does not auto update
c3k
post 12.11.2013 18:35
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

I have the settings set for "Automatically check for database updates" yet I frequently get a "Kaspersky database is out of date. Run Updates now" message.

Why won't the database auto update function reliably?

Thanks,
Ken

This post has been edited by c3k: 12.11.2013 18:36
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 13.11.2013 04:52
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

How do you connect to the internet? Are you using the normal update procedure, or a special utility?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Network > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server.
And Settings > Additional > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

Settings > Performance > Uncheck Battery Saving.

If your license is a managed subscription, please click Licensing, located at lower left of the main Kaspersky window,
then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Main Kaspersky window, Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update, select the current entry > Save icon at upper right > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
s.maria
post 17.11.2013 19:11
Post #3

:dash1:hai,

i also having the same problem..i already select run update automatically but it wont run automatically..i have to click the kaspersky icon then it will loading fisrt then a message appear said database out of date..before this with kaspersky 2013 i'm not facing any problem..i've been using kaspersky for almost 4 years..this the first time i'm having such problem..pls help me solve this..i'm not really good with computer so pls help me..tq dash1.gif

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 17.11.2013 19:46
Post #4

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(s.maria @ 17.11.2013 07:11) *
i also having the same problem..

Welcome. Please see this.
QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.11.2013 16:52) *
How do you connect to the internet? Are you using the normal update procedure, or a special utility?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Network > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server.
And Settings > Additional > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

Settings > Performance > Uncheck Battery Saving.

If your license is a managed subscription, please click Licensing, located at lower left of the main Kaspersky window,
then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Main Kaspersky window, Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update, select the current entry > Save icon at upper right > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
DanL242
post 17.11.2013 20:29
Post #5

Also, in addition to the instructions above,

Just curious what OS you are using. I have updates working well on win7 and win8, but have some issues with 8.1. Uncheck battery saving helped but doesn't always work.
The 8.1 system runs primarily on battery and unchecking the battery saving feature has a very noticeable effect on battery life.

It would be nice to see the auto update feature separated from the background scans and battery saving feature in a future build. Or give back the option to set hourly
as in the 2013 version. That would be great for people using battery most of the time.

edit: Also,

This post has been edited by richbuff: 18.11.2013 05:49

+Quote Post
tadkis
post 18.11.2013 20:20
Post #6

Hello everybody, please help me because my KIS doesn't auto update and I have to make manual updates. I checked this:
1) My sistem date/time is correct.
2) I selected Settings > Network > Proxy server > and unchecked proxy server.
3) I selected Settings > Additional > Appearance > and enabled Animate taskbar icon.
4) I selected Settings > Performance > and unchecked Battery Saving.

I attach my last manual report and my GetSystemInfo report link is http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...e1d08d8811e9de0

Thank you very much.

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 18.11.2013 20:47
Post #7

Forum Elite

Welcome. A couple of things to try.

1. If you are not using Bonjour, please try with that uninstalled.
2. Set your hosts file to default: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
3. After the 2 above, uninstall Kaspersky, reboot and reinstall Kaspersky, reboot, do a database update, reboot.

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
tadkis
post 19.11.2013 02:14
Post #8

(rudger79 @ 18.11.2013 16:47) *
Welcome. A couple of things to try.

1. If you are not using Bonjour, please try with that uninstalled.
2. Set your hosts file to default: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
3. After the 2 above, uninstall Kaspersky, reboot and reinstall Kaspersky, reboot, do a database update, reboot.

Thanks a lot... but doesn't work, I have the same problem and I am very worried, it's anoying. :-(

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 19.11.2013 06:57
Post #9

Forum Elite

Please try this. Set the updater to automatic mode without changing settings or forcing an update via the manual method, instead keep the settings for automatic then use the PC for a period of time (5 - 6 hours) then upload the update report to the forum in your next reply.

For update report: Reports > Detailed Reports > Detected objects, drop down and select update > Save icon (upper right) > Name the "Update" and Save to Documents or Desktop > browse for and attach the Update.txt to forum reply

--------------------

1.Laptop -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -

+Quote Post
tadkis
post 19.11.2013 07:47
Post #10

(rudger79 @ 19.11.2013 02:57) *
Please try this. Set the updater to automatic mode without changing settings or forcing an update via the manual method, instead keep the settings for automatic then use the PC for a period of time (5 - 6 hours) then upload the update report to the forum in your next reply.

For update report: Reports > Detailed Reports > Detected objects, drop down and select update > Save icon (upper right) > Name the "Update" and Save to Documents or Desktop > browse for and attach the Update.txt to forum reply

Hi, I don't understand what you saying because after the new installation the default update mode is the automatic, then I have not to set the updater to automatic mode. It's now in automatic mode! I 'll do this, I'll reboot and I'll work for that period of time (5/6 hours) without forcing a manual update and then I will update the report. It's OK? Thank you very much for your help.

+Quote Post
Rodion Nagornov
post 19.11.2013 11:20
Post #11

Social Media Support Manager

Group: Admin

QUOTE(tadkis @ 19.11.2013 07:47) *
Hi, I don't understand what you saying because after the new installation the default update mode is the automatic, then I have not to set the updater to automatic mode. It's now in automatic mode! I 'll do this, I'll reboot and I'll work for that period of time (5/6 hours) without forcing a manual update and then I will update the report. It's OK? Thank you very much for your help.

Correct.

+Quote Post
tadkis
post 20.11.2013 07:40
Post #12

Hi everybody, I attach the update report. I didn't make updates manually from 12.08pm from yesterday. Program is auto updating databases but I ask you if it is correct these automatic auto updatings one time every hour or (sometimes) one time every 2 hours. I thought auto updating was more frecuently because I had PURE 3.0 and I managed auto updates and the program searched new databases every 5 minutes. Thank you very much for your help.

+Quote Post
tadkis
post 20.11.2013 17:34
Post #13

Hello, please, can somebody to say me if it is correct that automatic updates is working one time every 1 or 2 hours? Thanks.

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 20.11.2013 18:05
Post #14

Forum Elite

All normal!

--------------------

1.Laptop -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22.08.2014 07:57