Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows 8.1 & Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows, Not compatible
bcolflesh
post 17.10.2013 18:38
Post #1

Group: Members

Windows 8.1 final just went public today - I installed and everything works fine except Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.

The beta betas/previews have been available to developers for several months, surely Kaspersky has a version available today that is compatible?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kravtsov Vitaly
post 17.10.2013 18:42
Post #2

Technical Support Engineer

Group: KL Russia

Hello!

http://support.kaspersky.com/10586

Thank You!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dellion
post 17.10.2013 18:49
Post #3

Advanced Member I

This is also the case for Windows Server 2012 R2: http://support.kaspersky.com/10603.

--------------------
Thanks,

Adam B
Systems Engineer
Kaspersky Lab

+Quote Post
Michael lawler
post 17.10.2013 22:31
Post #4

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(bcolflesh @ 17.10.2013 18:38) *
Windows 8.1 final just went public today - I installed and everything works fine except Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.

The beta betas/previews have been available to developers for several months, surely Kaspersky has a version available today that is compatible?

One would think that there is a release soon to be available....maybe not day one (I don't think anyone has AV for 8.1 yet, other than Microsoft). but within a couple of weeks....or a month, you'd be right. But this is Kaspersky, so a release is slated for April 2014....which in my mind means Q3 2014.

+Quote Post
migsutu
post 17.10.2013 23:49
Post #5

Frankly, I find April 2014 to be disgraceful. I have 25 licenses, and I am unable to upgrade my users because a key piece of software is not ready.

Hopefully a beta of the new version will be available very soon to help with the delay.

+Quote Post
JeffreyIMDS
post 18.10.2013 11:36
Post #6

I would find April 2014 a disgraceful as well. We are now moving all our hardware to Windows 8.1 and just got our Kaspersky license in September. Now most of our end users dont have any protection on there system because of this if the update continues.

+Quote Post
Testeur09
post 18.10.2013 12:07
Post #7

Advanced Member IV

Wait, you deploy a new OS before checking application compatibility ? And you think Kaspersky is the problem ? Seriously :/

+Quote Post
JeffreyIMDS
post 18.10.2013 12:09
Post #8

We didn't. We had a test laptop to run the new update on to check its compatibility before deployment to the company. Sorry to say but your wrong on this one. We were planning on full deployment however.

Also an edit to this post. Even though you think that the problem isn't Kaspersky that's where you're wrong. Kaspersky Endpoint Protection is a business software and we as a company depend on it's protection and so having compatibility issues of our main protection software with no patch or temporary fix (yet) is a disgrace but I do agree that the time to create such a fix or patch or full release is time consuming but there were beta's available and seeing that most protection suites do have compatiblity available for Windows 8.1 makes this a valid discussion point.

This post has been edited by JeffreyIMDS: 18.10.2013 12:23

+Quote Post
TEck
post 18.10.2013 16:16
Post #9

Hello all,
i am a reseller and can not decide when a customer update his Windows to 8.1

This day a get a call from 4 different companys they updated some worstations to 8.1

Did anyone know when the update / fix is comming?

What should i say my customers? dry.gif

I dont want to sell other protection Software but could be i must do it to protect my Business and my customers.

Please someone from Kaspersky help me. bc.gif

+Quote Post
Michael lawler
post 18.10.2013 16:36
Post #10

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(TEck @ 18.10.2013 16:16) *
Hello all,

This day a get a call from 4 different companys they updated some worstations to 8.1

I dont want to sell other protection Software but could be i must do it to protect my Business and my customers.

TEck, Kaspersky has no plans to support 8.1 until April of 2014, I would recommend to your customers that they either hold off on moving to Windows 8.1 or that they look to a different vendor to protect them. Or, they pick up a couple of licenses from a different vendor to cover their 8.1 clients and leave Kaspersky on thier other clients.

That said, as a reseller, you should be more vendor agnostic and sell what your cusomters want, offereing advice as needed.

+Quote Post
Ivan Sazhin
post 18.10.2013 16:42
Post #11

Technical Support Engineer

Group: KL Russia

QUOTE(TEck @ 18.10.2013 16:16) *
Hello all,

Hello!
Here is the official info on Windows 8.1 support: http://support.kaspersky.com/10586

--------------------

+Quote Post
gates75
post 18.10.2013 17:03
Post #12

QUOTE(JeffreyIMDS @ 18.10.2013 03:09) *
We didn't. We had a test laptop to run the new update on to check its compatibility before deployment to the company. Sorry to say but your wrong on this one. We were planning on full deployment however.

Also an edit to this post. Even though you think that the problem isn't Kaspersky that's where you're wrong. Kaspersky Endpoint Protection is a business software and we as a company depend on it's protection and so having compatibility issues of our main protection software with no patch or temporary fix (yet) is a disgrace but I do agree that the time to create such a fix or patch or full release is time consuming but there were beta's available and seeing that most protection suites do have compatiblity available for Windows 8.1 makes this a valid discussion point.

It's good to know they are keeping the standard. They weren't prepared for Windows 8 and now they really aren't prepared for Windows 8.1. We genuinely like Kaskersky, but their End Point Security release dates are just terrible. How is it that the home users have a functioning version, but we have to wait 6 - 8 months in the business world? Closing your eyes and saying "No one in a business will want to use this out of the gate" is not an accetable practice.

This post has been edited by gates75: 18.10.2013 17:04

+Quote Post
Michael lawler
post 18.10.2013 18:38
Post #13

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(gates75 @ 18.10.2013 17:03) *
It's good to know they are keeping the standard. They weren't prepared for Windows 8 and now they really aren't prepared for Windows 8.1. We genuinely like Kaskersky, but their End Point Security release dates are just terrible. How is it that the home users have a functioning version, but we have to wait 6 - 8 months in the business world? Closing your eyes and saying "No one in a business will want to use this out of the gate" is not an accetable practice.

I'd perfer that the Home Users have a functioning version....Home Users are called 'Beta Testers' if Kaspersky is doing things correctly.

That said, once your Beta Testers (Home Users) have proven out that the product is working, Kaspersky needs to provide a patch of some sort to get funtionality out for thier Business Users. I'd say a couple of weeks should be good for the home users to install 8.1, patch with the Kaspersky Home version for 8.1 and then call in with 'this is causing me problems with X,Y, and Z....once those items are fixed, you get something out tot he business users.

Mean while, you have a REAL beta release open and ready, I'm sure they have access to beta releases of Windows (hell, everyone else does, just hit pirate bay if you can't get legal access to it). Start working on these things while Microsoft is working on thier release and you get to be a hero in the AV world by having a business product out early....not 6 months or more after its been released.

How is Kaspersky going to handle the new direction from MS to have a new release or revision every year?

+Quote Post
Yuriy Kolerov
post 18.10.2013 22:09
Post #14

1. Why customers and not the Kaspersky QA staff have to be BETA testers? Customers don't have knowledge how to test the product properly and they don't get paid. What are you talking about?
2. Home users do not use EndPoint Protection, they use completely different products (Anti-Virus, Internet Security, etc). Whatever they would test is not applied to businesses.
3. Business products should have priority. Home user can wait, production can not, especially when it's time to buy a new equipment and you should make a decision about security product for the long term.
4. Windows 8.1 was available for long time to make the product compatible, it shouldn't take that long to fix the compatibility issues.

That being said, it is 100% Kaspersky fault and not Microsoft.

What exactly is the problem with EndPoint Protection that cannot be fixed by Kaspersky till April 2014? Is it really that hard? Does anyone know? Was Windows 8.1 changed so drastically? I don't think so.

+Quote Post
dpeters11
post 18.10.2013 23:04
Post #15

Advanced Member I

Looks like Symantec will support it next month, though they have had some pretty bad bugs in the past with some of the 12.1 releases.

+Quote Post
Michael lawler
post 19.10.2013 00:17
Post #16

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(Yuriy Kolerov @ 18.10.2013 22:09) *
1. Why customers and not the Kaspersky QA staff have to be BETA testers? Customers don't have knowledge how to test the product properly and they don't get paid. What are you talking about?
2. Home users do not use EndPoint Protection, they use completely different products (Anti-Virus, Internet Security, etc). Whatever they would test is not applied to businesses.
3. Business products should have priority. Home user can wait, production can not, especially when it's time to buy a new equipment and you should make a decision about security product for the long term.
4. Windows 8.1 was available for long time to make the product compatible, it shouldn't take that long to fix the compatibility issues.

That being said, it is 100% Kaspersky fault and not Microsoft.

What exactly is the problem with EndPoint Protection that cannot be fixed by Kaspersky till April 2014? Is it really that hard? Does anyone know? Was Windows 8.1 changed so drastically? I don't think so.

1) Your right, QA staff should be beta testers, that said, there IS overlap in the code. that overlap can be tested. the 8.1 features can and should be recycled. Look at Symantec and Norton. What the Norton users are using right now is going to be used by the Symantec users in a season or so...AFTER it has been tested and vetted by the home users. As far as taht goes, Kaspersky should be running KSC10 and KES10 on +75% of they're computers the rest of the users at Kaspersky should be running every other version that you guys support.... Honestly, IMO, every Kaspersky person should be running KSC10/KES10 and the other platforms should be in virtual labs at this point. You guys put out a product, its supposed to be your flagship product... What are you guys running on your computers at Kaspersky? I know what my support people at the US service center are running...and its NOT version 10. hell, in some cases its not even version 8 or 9...

2) Home users do not use the EndPoint Security, but they do use Antivirus. now, I'm not an expert on Kaspersky's code, but I'd be willing to put $$ on the tables in vegas that the code overlaps.

3) Business Products SHOULD have priority, that said, your new equipment is going to need to be tested, your not going to just throw 8.1 out there on your network and hope it works with everything, your going to test it, your going to make sure that it works with whatever oddball software your company uses. Sure, you, like us, downloaded the beta and played with that...you, like us, probably downloaded the updated beta as they came out. That said, you, like us, probably did a clean wipe of your hardware and installed the final release rather than stick with the beta you have been using and now your testing with that. Now, once these final tests are done only THEN are you (or at least us) going to be release it to your users. by that time (at least a few weeks) Kaspersky SHOULD have a release for 8.1....they probably won't, but they should.

4) Windows 8.1 was avaialbe for a long time as beta....take a look at the other big players on the market. Symantec MIGHT have RU4 released next month. I dont' follow MCafee, but my guess is they didn't have AV ready on day 1 for 8.1... You know how did have a release for it on day 1? Microsoft Defender. I played with System Center Endpoint Protection...and passed on it even though we already own it. for the rest of the vendors its all in BETA until the final release is out, then you rush like mad to get a product out and pray its stable...

Your real question...why the hell it's going to take until April of 2014, thats the big point here...of course, asking kaspersky will get the standard 'We are working on it and do not have any additional information at this time' answer. The other question, why the hell has it taken over a year, and its still not out, to get a release of the Enterprise Edition for Server 2012, and when the hell is Datacenter going to be supported.

+Quote Post
Yuriy Kolerov
post 19.10.2013 02:56
Post #17

Why would you need an antivirus for Windows Server? unless someone uses it as his workstation... smile.gif

+Quote Post
feras suleiman
post 19.10.2013 09:31
Post #18

QUOTE(Michael lawler @ 17.10.2013 22:31) *
One would think that there is a release soon to be available....maybe not day one (I don't think anyone has AV for 8.1 yet, other than Microsoft). but within a couple of weeks....or a month, you'd be right. But this is Kaspersky, so a release is slated for April 2014....which in my mind means Q3 2014.

this is a business product and it should be supported immediately, my company is considered a small business and we have more than 200+ KAV licenses running on our systems, if this could take til april 2014 i would seriously consider shifting to another product other than Kaspersky and i believe many will do the same, Kaspersky should take this matter more seriously.

+Quote Post
el3ashe2
post 21.10.2013 06:03
Post #19

hello
really i don't like to know that they will not go to support windows 8.1 until April ??? is it logic??? from August we have the preview edition and in October we have the final version and you still need more 6 months to support us with our customers?

i saw bad reply talk about how you are upgrade until test the compatibility .
what about the new laptop that will start selling next month with new OS?? we will tell them you dare to do that without Kaspersky privilege ?

you know where is the real problems i found it 2

1- that the kaspersky team don't recognition they are wrong.
2- Microsoft looking to build every year new version of OS if we go like that that kaspersky team need up to9 months from preview version . then we may use kaspersky 6 months only and other 6 months we are waiting for the great developers team.

for your info
Symantec release version for 8.1 when it was preview as beta .
now after final version there is at least 10 antivirus software's available to download .

i found some one explain to install kaspersky KAV and KIS for windows 8.1 for home user .
who is most important home user or corporate clients ???
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/4...windows-8-1-rtm

you need to review everything because we are going to lose much customers of kaspersky because new Microsoft way to release every year new OS.

and for all administrator.
no one or software have to tell you what you have to test or not .
thank you

+Quote Post
funcarver
post 21.10.2013 12:05
Post #20

is there anything to resolv the problem?

any customer upgrade to Window 8.1, if a compatibe version of KES10 or later shoud be come on april 2014, the customer change the AV-Software!

Next month, i have to install a Windows Server 2012 R2 with Kaspersy Enterprise AV Software, if Kaspersky Enterprise is not working, the customer change the AV Software!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.10.2014 08:21