IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> avp.exe High cpu Usage
BlueOval
post 2.09.2013 19:24
Post #1

Group: Members

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have the exact same problem and since the original poster seems to have been answered.. My Kaspersky PURE is on a desktop and I get high cpu usage from avp.exe every time on startup. It takes me about 10-15 seconds to get into Windows from cold boot, but then avp.exe runs the cpu hard for another 20-30 seconds or so and I have to wait till it's done. I've looked at my settings and see that all scans are set to run manually. The only automatically set feature is a daily update at midnight (I run the PC 24/7 rebooting every 5 days or so). Heuristic analysis for files is set to light, for mail medium, for web medium, for IM medium. I have compatibility set to concede resources to other applications. I have gaming profile on with all options checked. I send feedback to the Kaspersky security network.

Looking at all of the settings does not tell me the reason for the high cpu usage on startup. I recently started using Rainmeter and use Gmail, Facebook and news feeds on the desktop via it. Would the medium setting for heuristic analysis for the web or mail be causing it? Or sending feedback..?

Here is my SysInfo report: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c4b8b548699eda8
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlueOval
post 3.09.2013 00:39
Post #2

I originally posted in the other thread of the same name; but I didn't get any replies, so in case you need to post new each and every time.. My Kaspersky PURE is on a desktop and I get high cpu usage from avp.exe every time on startup. It doesn't matter whether it's a cold boot or a reboot. It takes me about 10-15 seconds to get into Windows from boot, but then avp.exe runs the cpu hard for another 20-30 seconds or so and I have to wait untill it's done. I've looked at my settings and see that all scans are set to run manually. The only automatically set feature is a daily update at midnight (I usually run the PC 24/7 rebooting every 4 days or so). Heuristic analysis for files is set to light, for mail medium, for web medium, for IM medium. I have compatibility set to concede resources to other applications. I have gaming profile on with all options checked. I send feedback to the Kaspersky security network.

Looking at all of the settings does not tell me the reason for the high cpu usage on startup. I recently started using Rainmeter and use Gmail, Facebook and news feeds on the desktop via it. Would the medium setting for heuristic analysis for the web or mail be causing it? Or sending feedback..?

Here is my SysInfo report: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c4b8b548699eda8

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 3.09.2013 02:25
Post #3

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. No problem, I used my bright, new shiny Thread Unhijacker.

Please see the Summery > Suspicious tab of your gsi report, and uninstall the items shown there > reboot. Any better?

Please try with all Default settings, too. And please insure Windows Defender is disabled, too.

In addition to the above, you are using an ancient version of PURE. Please migrate to the current version of PURE. Please use the instructions that pertain to you:

-If you are not using the PURE Password Manager:
Please clean install PURE 3.0.
Download PURE 3.0 from links contained in the second Important topic.
After you download PURE 3.0, right click the red K tray icon > Exit > uninstall PURE 2.0 > reboot > install PURE 3.0 > update databases > reboot.

-If you are using the PURE Password Manager:
Please migrate to PURE 3.0 on top of the old version.
Migration instructions are located in the second Important topic.
Update databases > reboot when done.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
BlueOval
post 3.09.2013 07:41
Post #4

QUOTE(richbuff @ 2.09.2013 15:25) *
Please see the Summery > Suspicious tab of your gsi report, and uninstall the items shown there > reboot. Any better?

I don't know what you are using to view the report; but mine opens up in Notepad and while I may have missed it, I scrolled though it 3 times and could find no "Summary" or "Suspicious" headings. The following are the ones I found (the ones where two or more words run together is how the report shows them):

Time, BIOS, Processor, OperatingSystem, ComputerSystem, Environment, Printer, VideoController, DesktopMonitor, SoundDevice, NTLogEvent, LogicalDisk, InstalledProduct, Process, Services, NetworkAdapter, SystemDriver, Registry, BHO, PnPSignedDriver, Share, OpenPorts, HOSTS, ExecutableINFolder, AVState, ErrorLog, MD5

[edit]OK, so I figured out you had to view it online on the GSI website. Lol But you want me to uninstall all of the rest of my security programs just so Kaspersky runs ok? I think not.[/edit]

Please try with all Default settings, too. And please insure Windows Defender is disabled, too.

If default settings work; but my settings do not, what does this say about the product? Windows Defender is disabled.

In addition to the above, you are using an ancient version of PURE. Please migrate to the current version of PURE.

Would migrating to the current version solve the problem?

This post has been edited by BlueOval: 3.09.2013 07:54

+Quote Post
Rodion Nagornov
post 3.09.2013 13:02
Post #5

Social Media Support Manager

Group: Admin

QUOTE(BlueOval @ 3.09.2013 07:41) *
I don't know what you are using to view the report; but mine opens up in Notepad and while I may have missed it, I scrolled though it 3 times and could find no "Summary" or "Suspicious" headings. The following are the ones I found (the ones where two or more words run together is how the report shows them):

Ad-Aware Antivirus, ThreatFire.

Would migrating to the current version solve the problem?

Upgrade is the first step in any problem solving.

+Quote Post
BlueOval
post 3.09.2013 20:53
Post #6

While I may uninstall TF at some point, I'm not going to uninstall Ad-Aware simply to shave some seconds off of loading into Windows. I uninstalled my old PURE, downloaded and installed the new version; but when I tried to start it I get the following message:

starter_avp.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x71b00409 referenced memory at 0x012f30b7. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

+Quote Post
BlueOval
post 3.09.2013 22:27
Post #7

Ok, so after it wasn't able to be installed I figured maybe the download was corrupted. I deleted the previous download and re-downloaded the program. Before attempting to install, I decided to remove ThreatFire. It's something I've been thinking of doing for a while. I was unable to uninstall it using its own uninstall feature nor via Add/Remove due to a missing file. I installed RevoUninstaller and got rid of it that way to include all leftover registry entries and 266 leftover files and rebooted. Then I tried to install PURE 3.0 again, but this one wouldn't install either and I was then prompted to install Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. I did that and scanned finding no threats. Not knowing what else to try I tried to install it again and this time it worked. Not sure what the quirk was. So now am up and running PURE 3.0. Initially the password manager file (can't recall the name) worked the cpu harder than ever avp.exe did and I thought I had a new problem; but after updating the database and another reboot, that problem went away. Although avp.exe did work the cpu a bit after the reboot, it seems to have done it in a little less time than before. Unsure yet if my problem is solved. Will have to test it over the next few weeks. Thanks to all who responded with advice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.04.2014 18:48