IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Does the Dangerous Web Blocker Do?
HOK
post 20.08.2013 12:07
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

What Does the Dangerous Web Blocker Do because the Dangerous Web Blocker is not yet compatible with FF 23. Does this mean malware infected websites are allowed to be accessed and their malware allowed into my PC and then I can rely on other aspects of KIS 2014 to either stop them from installing or stop them from doing any damage after they have been installed by preventing them from running or both or neither? Does the firewall catch malware?

I understand that KIS 2014 was released only a day or two after FF 23 and I have read here on the Forum talk of a patch b updating KIS 2014 for FF23 -- does that mean we first have to wait for patch a ?????

Or has patch a already been released and if it hasn't when is Kaspersky going to learn that despite the other fine protection components of KIS 2014, that it's customers who use FF, and there are a lot of us, are still concerned with the low priority Kaspersky seems to put on keeping current with Mozilla's insane upgrade cycle as well as other AV companies are able to do?

And if the other aspects of KIS 2014 do the job why is there a Dangerous Web Blocker at all. Is it just a marketing gimmick? Does it add anything important to KIS 2014's overall protection? And if it does why does Kaspersky keep it on such a low priority?

Tell Kaspersky's VP in charge of sales that Toyota didn't put a high priority on recalling and updating it's cars where safety was involved and look what happened to them.

Kaspersky had over 300 million users in 2012 -- how many billions in revenue is that --certainly they must have had a little left over after deducting costs to devote a little more manpower to that part of the 300 million that use FF.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/about-us/press-ce...rd-client-secur

The Kasperskys and their staff have a deeper understanding of malware issues than any one and as the leaders and pioneers of the industry they always have. If only they understood their customers as well.

This post has been edited by HOK: 20.08.2013 12:24
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dawgg
post 20.08.2013 12:24
Post #2

Forum Elite

Group: Moderators

You're still protected even if it's not compatible as Kaspersky does most it's dangerous website analysis at network traffic level rather than browser level.

I personally always disable the browser extensions as I see no use for them, but some people like it. Each to their own I guess.

+Quote Post
HOK
post 20.08.2013 12:32
Post #3

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

QUOTE(dawgg @ 20.08.2013 04:24) *
You're still protected even if it's not compatible as Kaspersky does most it's dangerous website analysis at network traffic level rather than browser level.

I personally always disable the browser extensions as I see no use for them, but some people like it. Each to their own I guess.

Thank you for your valuable reassurance dawgg :-)

This post has been edited by HOK: 20.08.2013 12:41

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.07.2014 16:59