IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> square trade site blocked by kaspersky, .......
sashusmom
post 26.06.2013 03:09
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello forum! I did a quick search and nothing came up, did an extensive internet search. I can't get my Asus s400ca laptop with Kaspersky to open the Square trade website. I get a blank white page with squaretrade(1x1) displayed in browserbar. I followed all suggestions. I cleared all cookies and browser history and cleared the dns cache thru the cmd prompt.

Then I shut the firewall off. did nothing. Then I disabled the whole antivirus system itself much to my computers dislike- warning-warning-warning will robinson!

That allowed google chrome to open up the square trade site. I re-enabled the anti virus software. So does anyone have a fix for me?

Thanks for reading.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 26.06.2013 03:43
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please disable Anti Banner, apply > ok, then clear browser cache > reboot. Any better?

If not, please see the sixth Important topic.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0ochx16Dg

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
sashusmom
post 26.06.2013 04:39
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 25.06.2013 18:43) *
Welcome. Please disable Anti Banner, apply > ok, then clear browser cache > reboot. Any better?

If not, please see the sixth Important topic.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0ochx16Dg

I did all that you suggested before posting here. I have posted on many forums and have never had as much trouble as posting on this one. It is very slow and delayed. I don't bang on my buttons. Didn't mean to PO anyone. Again I am very sorry for making extra work for you and realize you volunteer your time and knowledge. smile.gif Peace offering.

I will read the 6th imp. topic. Thank you.

+Quote Post
sashusmom
post 26.06.2013 04:49
Post #4

QUOTE(sashusmom @ 25.06.2013 19:39) *
I did all that you suggested before posting here. I have posted on many forums and have never had as much trouble as posting on this one. It is very slow and delayed. I don't bang on my buttons. Didn't mean to PO anyone. Again I am very sorry for making extra work for you and realize you volunteer your time and knowledge. smile.gif Peace offering.

I will read the 6th imp. topic. Thank you.

Loved your youtube link! bravo.gif You're either a very hip youngster or an old timer like me! Maybe not so old, but old enough! smile.gif

I can't find this 6th important topic of which you speak. Have a link?? bs.gif tongue.gif

Please disregard. Found it.
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?act=S...mportant+topics

So this was a beta test for mac users important topic. Is this what you meant for me to read?

My asus s400ca is windows 8.

This post has been edited by sashusmom: 26.06.2013 05:00

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 26.06.2013 05:08
Post #5

Are You Kidding?

Nope, not that one. smile.gif

Please click the below screenshot:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  All_cappier.PNG ( 16,51K ) Number of downloads: 13

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
sashusmom
post 26.06.2013 05:14
Post #6

QUOTE(richbuff @ 25.06.2013 20:08) *
Nope, not that one. smile.gif

Please click the below screenshot:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...elp+us+help+you

Got it. For anyone who needs a link. Self explanatory. run the file, you will get a box and a a zip file. Don't post the zip, send the file to the website and then you can send the link from their site. I just did a copy and paste. Seemed to work.

Richbuff, Do you want me to post back here?

I will assume yes, so here you go. Hope it helps.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...1f07e59c3658672

This post has been edited by sashusmom: 26.06.2013 05:33

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 26.06.2013 07:27
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

Did you disable Anti Banner, apply > ok, then clear browser cache > reboot? Any better?

Post #2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rodion Nagornov
post 26.06.2013 11:03
Post #8

Training&Certification Manager

Group: Admin

Please, remove leftovers of McAfee - guide and particularly the MCPR Removal Utility

Please refer to this guide to locate and clean Windows temporary folders

Then check the issue with Anti-Banner disabled. Also check if your target page doesn't open in other tab (window) of browser. Often such banner pages are opened ahead of target page.

+Quote Post
sashusmom
post 26.06.2013 19:19
Post #9

QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 26.06.2013 02:03) *
Please, remove leftovers of McAfee - guide and particularly the MCPR Removal Utility

Please refer to this guide to locate and clean Windows temporary folders

Then check the issue with Anti-Banner disabled. Also check if your target page doesn't open in other tab (window) of browser. Often such banner pages are opened ahead of target page.

I ran that MCPR tool before installing Kaspersky. But I ran it again now, rebooted, I cleaned the temp. folders following the quide above ( thank you) my antiBanners and other extensions for google chrome by kasperskey are disabled. I cleaned my data cache again.

SquareTrade still will not open. Tried a 2nd window, still no go. This is the only page after using this computer for a month that just does not open and displays a white page. Kaspersky has been installed for the last 3 weeks.

I have to go out for a bit. I will read if any bits of McAfee still remain when I return, but I doubt it. I thought I did a pretty thorough job removing it. I can't find any files asso with it.

Any other suggestions? Willing to try anything short of wiping my computer. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rodion Nagornov
post 27.06.2013 10:26
Post #10

Training&Certification Manager

Group: Admin

my antiBanners and other extensions for google chrome by kasperskey are disabled.

Let's localize the issue.

1. Please, pause Kaspersky protection and check whether the problem persists. To do that simply right-click the Red & Black Kaspersky icon in System Tray (on the bottom right corner of your screen) and select “Pause Protection”.

2. Please, try do diagnose which Kaspersky Protection component causes the problem:

1) Pause Kaspersky Protection. Right-click the Red & Black Kaspersky icon in System Tray and select “Pause Protection”.
2) Open the main Kaspersky window and go to “Settings” – here you will find the list of protection components in order. Turn the first one on by flagging the “Enable File-Anti-Virus” and clicking “Apply”.
3) Check whether the problem persists.
4) If it doesn’t, turn the second component on (Mail Anti-Virus), but leave the first one on as well.
5) Keep turning components on one by one until the problem until the problem kicks in.

Please specify which component caused the problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.11.2014 06:34