Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unable to "enable" Kaspersky 2013 on Startup in Windows 8
Monkz
post 28.05.2013 12:34
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi there,

I am unable to enable Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 on Startup on my laptop.

When I go to Task Manager - Startup, the Kaspersky application status for start up shows as disabled. When I click on it and select 'enable' (either by right clicking or selecting from the bottom of the screen) nothing happens. The link on my desktop that was installed also doesn't seem to open. I am able to start Kaspersky manually by opening it from the apps page in 'start.

I have Windows 8 and IE10 installd if that makes any difference.

I have attached a screenshot.

Cheers

Monkz
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Disabled.jpg ( 110.48K ) Number of downloads: 21

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 28.05.2013 13:16
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Monkz
post 28.05.2013 13:53
Post #3

Please see attached report link as requested.

Report Link

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 29.05.2013 02:32
Post #4

Oldtimer

1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. Download a fresh distributive of the Kaspersky installer from links contained in the Important topics. Save the installer to your Desktop. Right click the installer, and select Run as administrator. Update databases > reboot after install, and then repeat with another databases update and another reboot.

7. If still no go after that, run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Monkz
post 30.05.2013 12:10
Post #5

Hi there,

I performed all the tasks you had listed below but unfortunately I am still experiencing the same issue.

I have attached the new report below as requested.

Cheers

Monkz

Second Report

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.05.2013 12:55
Post #6

Oldtimer

If you start Kaspersky manually by opening it from the apps page in Windows Start, is the Launch Kaspersky box checked, located in the Kaspersky settings?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monkz
post 30.05.2013 13:18
Post #7

Hi Richbuff,

Yes, the Launch Kaspersky Internet Security on Startup is checked.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.05.2013 13:53
Post #8

Oldtimer

Please inform Tech Support of this issue: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monkz
post 7.06.2013 07:33
Post #9

Hi Richbuff,

I have sent your tech support guys a request 5 days ago (call number 314587531) as you had asked however they have not replied to me at all.

If I don't receive a reply and solution from them within three more days I would my money back.

Cheers

Monkz

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.07.2014 18:45