IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing the Language Permanently, How to acheive persistent language change across reboots.
Anti-Everything
post 14.05.2013 04:11
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi,

I have installed Kaspersky Antivirus 2013. I suppose I've said that wrong, my good friend installed Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 on my computer for me. He's not much of a tech, but I didn't think he could mess up the install. And I suppose he didnt really mess it up, he just set the language to spanish (his idea of a joke, probably to see if I could fix it). Well a quick search turned up that pressing shift+f12 toggles the language to english - great! Except that upon reboot, the language changes to spanish again. Also, I notice other things are still in spanish even after toggling, such as the tray icon's hover text and the notices that pop up. I wouldnt mind so much, except that it is getting a little annoying to not know what it is saying when it pops up (it could be any kind of notification, so that worries me). I read that this is possible with the 2011 version, via changing some language value from sp to en or something to that effect, but I was unable to find the registry location in this version, so perhaps it has moved?

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 14.05.2013 04:42
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. Please see the second Important topic. From there, you can download the English installer. Uninstall the Spanish version > reboot, then install the English version > update databases > reboot. Activate with your current activation code.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Anti-Everything
post 14.05.2013 05:03
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 13.05.2013 18:42) *
Welcome. Please see the second Important topic. From there, you can download the English installer. Uninstall the Spanish version > reboot, then install the English version > update databases > reboot. Activate with your current activation code.

I take it then that there is no *supported* way to fix this without reinstalling? Like a workaround? I am completely fine going the *un* supported route lol if you are allowed to tell me to fiddle with my registry..

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 14.05.2013 06:16
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

We don't post registry modifications on this forum. smile.gif

If you installed the Urdu version, and you want the Swahili version instead, then please uninstall the Urdu version and then install the Swahili version.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Anti-Everything
post 15.05.2013 07:39
Post #5

(: Well thanks for the help, Ill just go ahead and do the reinstall.

Though I'm sure Ill never hear the end of it from my buddy about how I couldnt fix it lol oh well he doesnt need to know i reinstalled it now does he?

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 15.05.2013 16:41
Post #6

Professional

Group: Moderators

This is absolutely the best way to go.

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~