Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> avp.exe stuck at 50% CPU usage
Rhysaxiel
post 10.04.2013 23:43
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello there,

Here I am to report a problem. I'm using KIS 2013 on a Windows XP SP3 with more-than-enough hardware to support that. For a few days now, avp.exe is permanently stuck at 50% CPU usage as soon as my computer starts. I disabled Rootkit and Idle analysis (? - I'm using French interface, screen here).

I did not install any program nor did my computer crash or something similar before this problem occured. There was a windows update, maybe a KIS update, but I can't recall if this problem appeared right after them or not.
I'm using regular updates only, no Beta.

Any clues ?

Here is my GSI
About those 55 "unknown" found :
- Opera was running in background
- Firebird was also running
- SRWUpdater is a game.

Thanks a lot !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 11.04.2013 03:41
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Un and re install Kaspersky: Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot. Any better?

If not, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Michael Baxter
post 11.04.2013 23:05
Post #3

For the record, I have also experienced this issue with KAV 2013 (13.0.1.4190) and Windows XP SP3. It only occurs ocasionally. But when it does occur, I have to reboot in order to get avp.exe to return to normal CPU utilization. Without the reboot, avp.exe will continue to utilize the CPU at 50% indefinitely.

+Quote Post
Rhysaxiel
post 12.04.2013 00:19
Post #4

I did not try yet, as I actually managed to reproduce the problem.
I'm also using version 13.0.1.4190.

In fact, avp.exe doesn't hang at startup. I managed to make it hang in two cases : while compiling some code on Visual Studio 2005 and playing a game through Steam. Neither action used to create this problem before. The program I'm compiling does not do anything special, it's only some very basic code with no network or unsafe activity.

I'll try your solution soon, I just wanted to report these extra information.

EDIT : as soon as avp is stuck at 50%, there is no way to shut it down. The application itself goes away from the taskbar or notification bar, but avp process is still there.

This post has been edited by Rhysaxiel: 12.04.2013 00:20

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.04.2014 12:14