IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Protection components: Failure. Error 1316, Problem regarding Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
DarkIceDragon
post 2.03.2013 11:29
Post #1

Group: Members

Hey there. I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and it worked fine for around 7 months. Then suddenly, it started displaying that some protection components ha failed to load. But the main console showed something like:
Protection enabled
Protection components: Failure

I didn't pay much heed to since protection was enabled. This went on for about two months. Last night, I saw that there was an update, so I downloaded the installer and ran it, but it couldn't complete the installation as it had an "Error reading from C:\windows\Installer\kavkis.msi". But the surprising thing was that even though I can still see Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in my list of installed programs, Windows does not seem to detect Kaspersky and I see in my Action Center that I don't have any anti-virus programs installed. So now, I tried uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 in the usual way, but it always gets an error message. "Error 1316". And the same file "kavkis.msi" causes the failure. So now, I'm stuck with no anti-virus or anti-spyware programs on my computer. When I tried to install AVG for some temporary protection until I could fix this, it said I have to remove Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 first which proves it is still on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I'm new to all of this, so I think the GetSystemInfo file is required? Here it is, anyway.

Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 2.03.2013 11:46
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials and Nvidia ForceWare Network Access Manager and ZoneAlarm Firewall and ZoneAlarm Free Firewall and ZoneAlarm LTD Toolbar and ZoneAlarm Security, then reboot.

After that, make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

Run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
DarkIceDragon
post 2.03.2013 12:28
Post #3

I don't have my activation code.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 2.03.2013 12:53
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Your Activation Code is on the CD sleeve or card, or in an email, depending on if the purchase was boxed CD, or on-line.

Your Activation Data should be in My Kaspersky, if you registered your product. See: https://my.kaspersky.com/

If you forgot your ID or password, then click the indicated link on that page. Contact Tech Support if you can not resolve the issue: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Always ensure that your Activation Code is backed up. I always have it written down on a paper document. Back it up in My Kaspersky.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
DarkIceDragon
post 2.03.2013 14:32
Post #5

I lost the CD. Is there no way to check from my computer? Since its still installed. What is kavkis.msi anyway? Would there be any way to replace it?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 3.03.2013 02:16
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

As I mentioned in my previous post, you need to run the Kaspersky Removal Tool, but this removes the activation code. Therefore, if you can not retrieve your activation code, as I mentioned in my previous post, you need to contact Tech Support, as I mentioned in my previous post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 4.03.2013 17:26
Post #7

I also had problems with this error. My year ran out and i purchased a new internet security. I tried to uninstall 2012, because i saw 2013 was available. I then tried to install and got "Error 1316." Couldn't find some kind of MSI file. I contacted customer support last week and have been emailing me, but have stopped. I found this forum and thought i'd give it a shot.
I have uninstalled any "Symantec" witht the symantec removal tool, and "mcafee" with the mcafee removal tool. I went into safe mode & tried the kaspersky remover and that doesn't seem to work correctly.
I have posted some pictures of the errors on my screen. Along with my "GET SYSTEM INFO, also my Logs & system data from the "Kleaner collector" that kaspersky support has told me to download.

Any help would be apprecicated!!

Ty
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2013_Kaspersky_install_erro.JPG ( 191,66K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  kasp_removal_message.JPG ( 97,84K ) Number of downloads: 6

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 4.03.2013 17:28
Post #8

ANOTHER PICTURE OF THE ERRORS.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2013_install_error__2.JPG ( 141,47K ) Number of downloads: 8

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 4.03.2013 17:29
Post #9

MY GET SYSTEM INFO. MCAFEE IS ALREAD DELETED..
Attached File(s)

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.03.2013 01:58
Post #10

Are You Kidding?

Welcome. Kaspersky leftovers show up in your log. Please take off caps lock and:

1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. Run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 5.03.2013 18:32
Post #11

I have gone into safe mode, ran the removal tool. It comes up "Remove operation finished, need to reboot". I ran it multiple times says the same thing. I reboot. Look in my add/remove programs KIS 2012 is still there. Its not being removed. I try to install 2013, and says "Error 1316 A network error occured while attempting to read C://windows/installer/kavkis.msi file." Then it rolls back any changes.

Kaspersky 2012 isn't even usable.

I ran another Getsysteminfo.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...bd7d80f4600ce26

Thanks!

Ty
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2013_Kaspersky_install_erro.JPG ( 191,66K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.03.2013 03:24
Post #12

Are You Kidding?

You're welcome. Kaspersky leftovers still show up in your new log. They do need to be removed.

You may see the manual removal instructions in the quote below, or you may instead choose to contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

QUOTE(enkryptor @ 10.03.2010 06:37) *
...The following instruction describe how you can remove the product manually after booting Windows into safe mode. Not all leftovers are removed this way, but you should be able to reinstall it after that. Please reboot the system after you are done.

1) Remove the Kaspersky folders from Program Files.
2) Remove the Kaspersky folders from C:\ProgramData\ (Windows Vista, 7, 8), C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ (Windows XP).
3) Remove all drivers kl* from %windir%\System32\drivers\ (except klmouflt if you have a PS/2 keyboard or mouse).
4) Remove the following keys from registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\kl* (except klmouflt if you have a PS/2 keyboard or mouse)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_KL* (change the owner to Everyone before that)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ (search for "Kaspersky" and remove both keys from Installer and Uninstall)
5) Remove the MSI file belonging to the product from %windir%\installer\ (can by identified by digital signature).

If the removal of the keys does not work try to change the permissions as described below. The general procedure should be the same in all Windows versions. However, the exact names of the options could be different.
1) Right click on the key and choose "Permissions".
2) Click on "Advanced" and select the tab "Owner".
3) Select "Everyone". If "Everyone" is not listed insert it manually via "Other users or groups" (simply write it into the text field).
4) Enable "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects".
5) Click on "Apply".
6) Select the tab "Permissions" and enable "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions of this object".
7) Choose "Everyone" and click on "Edit".
8) Grant "Full Control" by ticking the corresponding checkbox.
9) Confirm all dialogs with "OK"/"Yes".

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 6.03.2013 17:44
Post #13

Hey thanks again for the reply! Been pulling my hair out with this. Weird thing is, my other computer is doing the same thing!!

I followed the directions best I could, took me a while to figure it all out. I had trouble with #5. Couldn't find the MSI file. Where is it located to be removed??

I did try to install 2013 and it still gives me this error code.

I ran another getsysteminfo

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...7ecd02e409842ac

Thanks again!!

Ty

+Quote Post
Wesly.Zhang
post 6.03.2013 18:08
Post #14

Advanced Member II

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(tcolodonato @ 6.03.2013 21:44) *
Hey thanks again for the reply! Been pulling my hair out with this. Weird thing is, my other computer is doing the same thing!!

I followed the directions best I could, took me a while to figure it all out. I had trouble with #5. Couldn't find the MSI file. Where is it located to be removed??

I did try to install 2013 and it still gives me this error code.

I ran another getsysteminfo

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...7ecd02e409842ac

Thanks again!!

Ty

Hello,

You can try to follow this support document to solve your issue. This issue is very often happen on Windows XP .

After do that, you still meet this issue, you should attach the AVP install log for us to analysis.

In Kaspersky Lab home product the (un)installation log is created automatically. The logs are automatically saved into the folder %temp% (usually C:\Windows\Temp or C:\Documents and Settings\<profile name>\LocalSettings\Temp) and might have the following names:

kl-install-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log or kl-install-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log.enc1
kl-setup-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log or kl-setup-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log.enc1

Regards

--------------------

OS:Windows 8.1 Professinal x64 with the newest Firefox & Chrome installed.
Product: Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 14.0.0.4651 with all patches installed.
Test Host Computer (Lenovo/LEGEND): AMD Athlon™ II X4 640; 4GB DDRIII Kingston 1600 Memory; 1TB Seagate Hard Disk; AMD ATI Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics.

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 6.03.2013 18:36
Post #15

I removed that file. Restarted. It seemed like it was going to install. Then Boom...error message. I checked the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temp" where the kaspersky could be, nothing is in the folder. I included a photo.

ty
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kasp_Not_in_folder.JPG ( 69,25K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.03.2013 02:29
Post #16

Are You Kidding?

C:\Windows\system32\klogon.dll still shows up in your gsi report.

Point #5: That older is super hidden. Show Protected files in Windows folder options. But be very careful to not delete the wrong things. Revert that setting, when done.

If still no go, please contact Tech Support.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 7.03.2013 03:25
Post #17

Found the KLLOGON.DLL file. It wont let me remove it.

I have 4 open tickets with Kaspersky. Nobody wants to email me back.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.03.2013 03:43
Post #18

Are You Kidding?

Then take ownership of the file: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcolodonato
post 7.03.2013 04:31
Post #19

Alright, got the file removed. Tried the install again. Failed....

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...02e5e6ec7fce23a

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.03.2013 05:32
Post #20

Are You Kidding?

5) Remove the MSI file belonging to the product from %windir%\installer\ (can by identified by digital signature).

Did you delete kavkis.msi from C:\Windows\Installer\kavkis.msi?

If still no go, please contact Tech Support.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.09.2014 13:47