IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> web address (*.phx.gbl), traffic monitor and website authentication certificate
eddiew
post 17.02.2013 09:15
Post #1

Group: Members

I have a home network with a HP desktop computer, (hard wired via Ethernet) and three wireless notebooks connected to the network and a printer on it also.
The desktop and 2 of the notebooks are running Win 7 x64 and the other notebook is running win 8 x64.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. A traffic monitor window comes up sometimes with an IP address, 65.52.98.7 (*.phx.gbl) and an authentication certificate that cannot be checked.
I do not know if I should accept the certificate or deny it.
I can log onto internet without any problem.
No error .
I don't know when and why it appears.

The certificate is giving me this explanation:

Cannot guarantee the security of the encrypted connection between Program Compatibility Data Updater and 65.52.98.7 because it is impossible to check the website authentication certificate. This sometimes comes up with something other than Program Compatibility Data Updater, or PRS CPL, and ( I can't remember the other connections that it comes up with, but it always has something to do with (*.phx.gbl).

Then the next line is:
View website certificate (Link to Certificate Details)

Do you trust this website?

website address: 65.52.98.7 (*.phx.gbl)

Accept
deny

I will try and put a screen shot here and a link to the screen shot with the hope that one works for you.

Link: http://imageshack.us/f/694/psem.png/
or same pix
Link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/psem.png/

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S. I would also like this window pop-up to not appear after it has been determined to accept it or deny it.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wesly.Zhang
post 17.02.2013 14:55
Post #2

Advanced Member II

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(eddiew @ 17.02.2013 13:15) *
I have a home network with a HP desktop computer, (hard wired via Ethernet) and three wireless notebooks connected to the network and a printer on it also.
The desktop and 2 of the notebooks are running Win 7 x64 and the other notebook is running win 8 x64.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. A traffic monitor window comes up sometimes with an IP address, 65.52.98.7 (*.phx.gbl) and an authentication certificate that cannot be checked.
I do not know if I should accept the certificate or deny it.
I can log onto internet without any problem.
No error .
I don't know when and why it appears.

The certificate is giving me this explanation:

Cannot guarantee the security of the encrypted connection between Program Compatibility Data Updater and 65.52.98.7 because it is impossible to check the website authentication certificate. This sometimes comes up with something other than Program Compatibility Data Updater, or PRS CPL, and ( I can't remember the other connections that it comes up with, but it always has something to do with (*.phx.gbl).

Then the next line is:
View website certificate (Link to Certificate Details)

Do you trust this website?

website address: 65.52.98.7 (*.phx.gbl)

Accept
deny

I will try and put a screen shot here and a link to the screen shot with the hope that one works for you.
Link: http://imageshack.us/f/694/psem.png/
or same pix
Link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/psem.png/

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S. I would also like this window pop-up to not appear after it has been determined to accept it or deny it.

Hello,

This ip is point to Microsoft Servers. I think your computer OS want to check update. You should accept it . If you don't like this notice message, you can close it by the following way.

1, Chang settings of encrypted scan

Attached File  2013_02_17_183613.png ( 41,52K ) Number of downloads: 78

2, Close Parent Control

Attached File  2013_02_17_183655.png ( 32,61K ) Number of downloads: 57

3, Delete Kaspersky Digtal Certification from System Digtal Certification Database.

Start _> type "certmgr.msc" without quote _> enter_>"See picture">OK

Attached File  2013_02_17_185332.png ( 136,89K ) Number of downloads: 69

PS. If you want to use "encrypted scan" model again, You should reinstall KAV Digtal Certification and change the settings back.

Attached File  2013_02_17_185723.png ( 39,94K ) Number of downloads: 41

Regards

This post has been edited by Wesly.Zhang: 17.02.2013 15:02

--------------------

OS:Windows 8.1 Professinal x64 with the newest Firefox & Chrome installed.
Product: Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 14.0.0.4651 with all patches installed.
Test Host Computer (Lenovo/LEGEND): AMD Athlon™ II X4 640; 4GB DDRIII Kingston 1600 Memory; 1TB Seagate Hard Disk; AMD ATI Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics.

+Quote Post
eddiew
post 17.02.2013 22:02
Post #3

Group: Members

Thanks, I know it pointed to MSoft and also the *.phx.gbl has something to do with a web server that MSoft and various other companies use/lease so as not to have to use their own servers. The question I have is I would only like to allow or block this particular web site? Not ALL encrypted connects. Is this possible to do with Kaspersky? and also I get other pop ups with the same *.phx.gbl web address that is not pointing to microsoft. This server company does not have a valid or authenticated certificate so it is popping up from various places.... I believe that it is probably OK but there is a possibility that someone can use this server for nefarious reasons because the the certificate is not trusted.

Eddie

+Quote Post
Wesly.Zhang
post 18.02.2013 14:30
Post #4

Advanced Member II

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(eddiew @ 18.02.2013 02:02) *
Thanks, I know it pointed to MSoft and also the *.phx.gbl has something to do with a web server that MSoft and various other companies use/lease so as not to have to use their own servers. The question I have is I would only like to allow or block this particular web site? Not ALL encrypted connects. Is this possible to do with Kaspersky? and also I get other pop ups with the same *.phx.gbl web address that is not pointing to microsoft. This server company does not have a valid or authenticated certificate so it is popping up from various places.... I believe that it is probably OK but there is a possibility that someone can use this server for nefarious reasons because the the certificate is not trusted.

Eddie

Hello,

I think KIS has not this design, but KES has. KES is designed for company.

Regards

--------------------

OS:Windows 8.1 Professinal x64 with the newest Firefox & Chrome installed.
Product: Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 14.0.0.4651 with all patches installed.
Test Host Computer (Lenovo/LEGEND): AMD Athlon™ II X4 640; 4GB DDRIII Kingston 1600 Memory; 1TB Seagate Hard Disk; AMD ATI Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.10.2014 01:15