Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 2013 States: Previous Application Launch Failed
Digiteyes
post 9.02.2013 19:33
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello,

Every time I start or restart my PC (Win8 upgraded from Vista), KIS 2013 reports that the previous launch failed and collects and sends information which I allow. The following is additional information regarding my system:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...30be66b8cf12cf5

I used to get this every now and then. Before I upgraded to Win8, if I logged into Windows too quickly, I often had a chance of KIS not loading properly. Seems my system was very busy at boot time. Not sure if that's the same case now with Win8 since it's more or less still fresh.

This post has been edited by Digiteyes: 9.02.2013 19:38
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Digiteyes
post 9.02.2013 23:23
Post #2

Group: Members

b_punk.gif An Update:

After re-installing a lot of software, I tried to run Dungeon Defenders and it (Steam™ initiated I believe) downloaded some .net stuff. I also did a re-install of iTunes (that included a lot of drivers and browser plug-ins) which failed the first time due to a user caused error by selecting the wrong permission button and it took an extremely long time. Not sure if that added to my troubles.

Afterwards, there were 500+ megs of additional Windows updates (also appeared to take a long time). I've applied these and so far, KIS hasn't complained upon restart. I removed my Start button emulator as well, just in case. Chances are something messed with the .net(s) on my system.

I reinstalled KIS 2013 right before the last Windows updates and re-updated the virus definitions (after a couple of non-responsive KIS attempts, slow download?) and things seem to be back to normal.

Although I am still curious as to what may have caused the issue, it's no longer dire. Thank you for your time and consideration.

This post has been edited by Digiteyes: 9.02.2013 23:27
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.07.2014 00:08