IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how do I fix System Vulnerabilities?
wezzyman
post 6.02.2013 17:34
Post #1

Group: Members

I have run scan which shows I have System Vulnerabilities but there is no options to clear them. Can anyone help please?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seany007
post 6.02.2013 18:59
Post #2

QUOTE(wezzyman @ 6.02.2013 14:34) *
I have run scan which shows I have System Vulnerabilities but there is no options to clear them. Can anyone help please?

Click on each one and select fix it. Done.

+Quote Post
wezzyman
post 7.02.2013 17:09
Post #3

QUOTE(Seany007 @ 6.02.2013 18:59) *
Click on each one and select fix it. Done.

thanks for that but there is no fix it button when I click on an item.

Attached File  Kaspersky1.png ( 95,33K ) Number of downloads: 21

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 8.02.2013 02:50
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Instead of looking in Report > Detected Threats, please go back to the main Kaspersky program window and look in Scan > Vulnerability scan.

This Tech Article should help: http://support.kaspersky.com/6362

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
paulaw
post 16.02.2013 22:25
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.02.2013 02:50) *
Instead of looking in Report > Detected Threats, please go back to the main Kaspersky program window and look in Scan > Vulnerability scan.

This Tech Article should help: http://support.kaspersky.com/6362

I have the same problem. When vulnerabilities are detected, the system vulnerabilities are no problem to fix . But the Vulnerability Applications are another problem. It says ' details ' or 'add to exclusions'. I don't know what this means. I add to exclusions, and hope I am doing the right thing. Any comments?

(also, I have been using Kaspersky for 2 yrs. but since I just updated to the 2013 yesterday, it says I am a newbie. )

This post has been edited by paulaw: 16.02.2013 22:43

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 17.02.2013 01:04
Post #6

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(paulaw @ 16.02.2013 22:25) *
I have the same problem. When vulnerabilities are detected, the system vulnerabilities are no problem to fix . But the Vulnerability Applications are another problem. It says ' details ' or 'add to exclusions'. I don't know what this means. I add to exclusions, and hope I am doing the right thing. Any comments?

(also, I have been using Kaspersky for 2 yrs. but since I just updated to the 2013 yesterday, it says I am a newbie. )

Hello.....No you're not doing the right thing....click on details and it will tell you what application is vulnerable including the version number.

What that means is there is a newer version of it that is available...so its vulnerable if you don't upgrade to the newer one.

Most of the time its Java and Adobe but there are other programs also.

By not updating these is the most common way of getting malware so its very important to do this whenever prompted.

Also the newbie ....Thats just means you just started posting in the forum as it says its your 1st post...it changes after 10 posts i think. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
kbsokolan
post 21.03.2013 03:15
Post #7

QUOTE(TOGS @ 16.02.2013 14:04) *
Hello.....No you're not doing the right thing....click on details and it will tell you what application is vulnerable including the version number.

What that means is there is a newer version of it that is available...so its vulnerable if you don't upgrade to the newer one.

Most of the time its Java and Adobe but there are other programs also.

By not updating these is the most common way of getting malware so its very important to do this whenever prompted.

Also the newbie ....Thats just means you just started posting in the forum as it says its your 1st post...it changes after 10 posts i think. unsure.gif

I have shown several Adobe-based vulnerabilities, have updated them all via the Adobe website, and still I am showing that the vulnerabilities are not fixed. Do we have to disable our firewall to install the updates? It would be really nice to have some kind of instruction for this via the KAV software!

Please advise. Thank you.

+Quote Post
jmmarch
post 21.03.2013 16:24
Post #8

QUOTE(kbsokolan @ 20.03.2013 20:15) *
I have shown several Adobe-based vulnerabilities, have updated them all via the Adobe website, and still I am showing that the vulnerabilities are not fixed. Do we have to disable our firewall to install the updates? It would be really nice to have some kind of instruction for this via the KAV software!

Same here, I have even made an install program for Java update and ran it via the security center, and the scan keeps telling me it is not patched even though I can verify that I have the latest Java.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  scan.JPG ( 151,43K ) Number of downloads: 6

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 21.03.2013 17:45
Post #9

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(kbsokolan @ 21.03.2013 03:15) *

Hello.....No i have never had to disable any firewall to install Adobe updates.

Could you please post a screenshot of of what Kaspersky is saying is vulnerable.

It could be an old Adobe which has not been removed...please check add/remove to verify.

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 21.03.2013 17:51
Post #10

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(jmmarch @ 21.03.2013 16:24) *
Same here, I have even made an install program for Java update and ran it via the security center, and the scan keeps telling me it is not patched even though I can verify that I have the latest Java.

Hello....Latest version of Java is ....Version 7 Update 17

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Even Java say....Java SE 6 End of Public Updates
After February 2013, Oracle will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its public download sites. All Java 6 releases up to and including 6u43 will be moved to the Java Archive on the Oracle Technology Network, where they will remain available but not receive updates. Oracle recommends that users migrate to Java 7 in order to continue receiving public updates and security enhancements.

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml

So d/load Version 7 Update 17 and after check in add/remove to verify all except version 7 are removed.

+Quote Post
jmmarch
post 21.03.2013 20:08
Post #11

QUOTE(TOGS @ 21.03.2013 10:51) *

I know that and it is installed, but Kaspersky tells me it is out of date

QUOTE(TOGS @ 21.03.2013 10:51) *
After February 2013, Oracle will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its public download sites. All Java 6 releases up to and including 6u43 will be moved to the Java Archive on the Oracle Technology Network, where they will remain available but not receive updates. Oracle recommends that users migrate to Java 7 in order to continue receiving public updates and security enhancements.

Know that too, and I have the 6_43 version, since Chrome doesn't play well with Java 7 yet.

+Quote Post
kbsokolan
post 21.03.2013 22:25
Post #12

QUOTE(TOGS @ 21.03.2013 06:51) *

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

So d/load Version 7 Update 17 and after check in add/remove to verify all except version 7 are removed.

First of all, due to a couple of Java activated Trojans that had infected my laptop, I had removed Java altogether. I just downloaded the latest version of Java as per your above recommendation. Don't know if it matters in my case...

Secondly, here is the screen shot of the results of the last vulnerability scan done on my laptop: Attached File  Kaspersky_Vulnerability_Screen_Shot.jpg ( 76,7K ) Number of downloads: 11

Lastly, I had removed all of the previous versions of Adobe Air, Shockwave, and Flashplayer via the usual method of going through the Windows control panel. However, I know that sometimes remnants of programs can hide out even after deletion. If this is the case, can you instruct me on how to thoroughly rid myself of said remnants? This is the second and third time that I have tried to update the above Adobe programs only to have KVS indicate that I have not. Thanks!

This post has been edited by kbsokolan: 21.03.2013 22:34

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 22.03.2013 03:40
Post #13

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(kbsokolan @ 21.03.2013 11:25) *
Lastly, I had removed all of the previous versions of Adobe Air, Shockwave, and Flashplayer via the usual method of going through the Windows control panel. However, I know that sometimes remnants of programs can hide out even after deletion. If this is the case, can you instruct me on how to thoroughly rid myself of said remnants? This is the second and third time that I have tried to update the above Adobe programs only to have KVS indicate that I have not. Thanks!

Sometimes, you need to check in IE browser and download and update each instance of specific flash version in each separate browser you have installed.

I use Firefox as my default browser but I also needed to update the flash version in Internet Explorer.

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 22.03.2013 12:16
Post #14

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(jmmarch @ 21.03.2013 20:08) *
I know that and it is installed, but Kaspersky tells me it is out of date
Know that too, and I have the 6_43 version, since Chrome doesn't play well with Java 7 yet.

Hi again....Well it would be helpful if you had been more specific instead of stating you have the

latest version but then show a screenshot of an out of date version which will no longer be patched.

Kaspersky or secunia do NOT FLAG jAVA 7 update 17 as vulnerable and i have just done a scan with both to verify.

What they are finding vulnerable is your version 6 update 43 and this is what they say to remove.

If 7 update 17 does'nt play with chrome then check out their forum or Java's for workarounds.

Or you can try FF or IE until a fix is available as it works fine in both ...on Win 7 anyway.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27.11.2014 23:41