Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KAV 6.0 and Lync 2010 Attendee
rmrme
post 14.01.2013 15:50
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello,

When we try to enter a Lync web conference using Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee, desktop sharing fails (with the error message - 'Sharing failed to connect due to network issues') unless we switch off KAV 6.0 on the client.

I've seen posts of other people with this issue and the advice is to add the following into 'Trusted applications':

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Lync\communicator.exe
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Lync\communicator.exe
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Lync\UcMapi.exe
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Lync\UcMapi.exe

I'm not sure if these paths are relating to a different Lync client to the one I'm using, but the relevant Lync application for Lync 2010 Attendee looks to me to be:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft Lync Attendee\AttendeeCommunicator.exe

Anyway, I've added all of the above paths to my 'Trusted applications' list and checked the options to: ‘Do not scan network traffic’ and ‘Do not scan opened files’. Desktop sharing via Lync still won't work.

For the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft Lync Attendee\AttendeeCommunicator.exe I then checked all the available Actions boxes for the Trusted Applications (e.g. Allow interaction with application interface, Do not control application activity, etc.) but it still won't work.

Can anyone offer any further help? Will this issue be resolved if we upgrade to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8?

Thanks in advance for any help,

R

This post has been edited by rmrme: 14.01.2013 15:51
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aepl
post 22.02.2013 00:06
Post #2

Group: Members

Try use Lync Attenedee Admin Level Install

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=23396

This version is installing to %ProgramFiles(x86)\Microsoft Lync Attendee\AttendeeCommunicator.exe

After it add policy it.

I've test it today and it works.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27.08.2014 16:50