Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WIN32.sality.gen
Narasi
post 27.12.2012 10:32
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi all,

I have installed Kaspersky Internet security 2013 in my system and now my system is infected by WIN32.Sality.Gen Malware and day by day it is taking control of my system as well as infecting my system more. Our Product is detecting the Virus and it tries to disinfect it and also disinfects it sucessfully, but again Malware gets reactivated.

Is our product completely capable of removing it from the system or it gives only a temp fix for this malware.

Please help me out and also help me to put some preventive measures to stop this.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 27.12.2012 11:01
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Sality is a file infector. It infects many many files. Because of this, format and re-install Windows is recommended. However, many people don't want to do that. So, there are tools to fight the virus.

Please scan with Kaspersky Rescue Disk: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=229278

Prevention? Please follow all of the universally recognized rules of safe computing. We all know what those are, so I will not list them here. You can find many guides for safe computing on the World Wide Web.

If any further questions, please post the two logs that are requested in the first Important topic of the section of this forum that this topic thread was moved to.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Dorival
post 21.03.2013 23:25
Post #3

QUOTE(Narasi @ 27.12.2012 03:32) *
Hi all,

I have installed Kaspersky Internet security 2013 in my system and now my system is infected by WIN32.Sality.Gen Malware and day by day it is taking control of my system as well as infecting my system more. Our Product is detecting the Virus and it tries to disinfect it and also disinfects it sucessfully, but again Malware gets reactivated.

Is our product completely capable of removing it from the system or it gives only a temp fix for this malware.

Please help me out and also help me to put some preventive measures to stop this.

Thanks.

Hello, I'm having the same problem, but only on a mini sd card with 7 files infected with the same trojan virus Sality.
Everytime I try to put the 4GB mini SD card in my laptop with windows 7 ultimate antivirus kasperskay 2013 and it blocks the mini SD card and asks to do a scan. Always finds 07 infected files and asks to eliminate the virus and locks the notebook and not out of it. So I can no longer access the mini SD card with important information that both need.
For trying to solve this problem several times, there was defect in my sidebar.exe (Gadgets), who no longer works due to faulty lock and restart windows 7 and he has passed scandisk (chkdsk) and detect bad sectors on sidebar.exe (Gadgets). This no longer works!
Therefore please, please ask for help soon!
I'm from Brazil. Thank you very much!

+Quote Post
Helios_07
post 22.03.2013 03:52
Post #4

Advanced Member II

Hi
And welcome to the forum!
Please follow the steps richbuff describes in the post above! Because it sounds like your card gets reinfected everytime you insert the card in your laptop!

Greetings
Helios

--------------------
1.MS Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4770 CPU@ 3.40GHz, 12,0GB-RAM, AMD Radeon R9 270
Internetbrowser: Firefox 28.0
testing KIS 15.0.0.463 de
Forum Signatur last updated: 22.04.2014

Bin immer für Hinweise und Verbesserungsvorschläge offen!
I am always open for hints and suggestions to improve my work!

Allgemeine FAQ-Sammlung FAQ zur Malware Bekämpfung

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29.07.2014 10:39