Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Previous Application Launch failed
21Rouge
post 24.12.2012 13:32
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

This particular Vista laptop has had only Kaspersky protection. About 2 months ago I installed .733 but for the past 3 weeks this machine will occasionally lockup with the Kaspersky error report message Previous Application Launch failed. A reboot will fix the issue.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 25.12.2012 01:47
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
21Rouge
post 25.12.2012 02:06
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 24.12.2012 17:47) *
Please post your GetSystemInfo report link,

I think I can do that. Thanks 'Rich' for the reply.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...a128838ecad1c24

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 25.12.2012 02:17
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

You're welcome. The only thing I see in your log is Juniper Networks Secure Application Manager, but that might not be what the problem is. You could try with it uninstalled.

If still no go, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
ARC99
post 25.12.2012 18:28
Post #5

I have had a similar problem with .733 this was installed as new version while installing .288
" previous launch failed, update and reboot" plus "conditions of lience breached enter new code" .

a getsomeinfo file was sent to support who advised to update anmd reeboot, thjis failed to fix thje problem so I went back to .288 and just updated the files this appears to have fixed the problem.

+Quote Post
21Rouge
post 28.12.2012 19:24
Post #6

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(ARC99 @ 25.12.2012 10:28) *
I have had a similar problem with .733 this was installed as new version while installing .288
" previous launch failed," plus "conditions of lience breached enter new code" .

This continues to occur for me...I guess I will contact support.

This post has been edited by 21Rouge: 28.12.2012 19:28

+Quote Post
ARC99
post 29.12.2012 16:55
Post #7

QUOTE(ARC99 @ 25.12.2012 14:28) *
" previous launch failed, update and reboot" plus "conditions of lience breached enter new code" .

a getsomeinfo file was sent to support who advised to update anmd reeboot, thjis failed to fix thje problem so I went back to .288 and just updated the files this appears to have fixed the problem.

Just an update,
still getting "previous installation failed" when I click the FIX icon I am asked for the activation code which I enter, I am then told the activation code is in correct but I can buy one. I still have seven months left on my current one.
The only fix I have found is to remove Kaspersky from the tray and reactivate from the programme list which is easy but the problem is every time Kaspersky fails it shut down the PC.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.12.2012 02:32
Post #8

Are You Kidding?

I can't find your GSI report. Perhaps I have missed it? Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------

+Quote Post
21Rouge
post 30.12.2012 04:06
Post #9

Advanced Member I

FWIW I did remove "Juniper Networks" and the problem persists.

(I am awaiting a reply from Kaspersky support subsequent to me sending in the GSI report)

+Quote Post
micah58
post 30.12.2012 23:26
Post #10

I have the same problem.
My Kaspersky PURE 2 crashed yesterday for the first time but uninstall and clean install solved the problem. So I thought.
Today my system crashed and I had to re-install my Windows and few hours after I installed Kaspersky, I started getting messages "Previous Application Launch failed" and then the license was paused saying it's invalid and it's asking me to purchase a new one. I still have around 6 months on my license, what's going on?????
I am uninstalling Kaspersky now and installing AVG trial version for now. Hopefully this can be solved?

My system info report link: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...a128838ecad1c24

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 31.12.2012 01:59
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

Welcome. I see that you still have the issues after re-install Windows. Your best bet for this is to contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post
ARC99
post 12.01.2013 15:44
Post #12

I recieved a reply yesterday from Kaspersky which is interesting, I have tried this several times and it does not fix the problem.

I have copies the email below for the information of other users.

Dear customer,

Dear Sir, This is unfortunately a known issue the most common workaround it you can try to restart the pc or uninstall and reinstall the Pure.

Please follow the below directions to install Kaspersky Pure 2:

NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ACTIVATION CODE TO HAND BEFORE YOU DO THIS AS YOU WILL NEED IT TO ACTIVATE.

Step 1:

Please download Kaspersky Pure 2 from the web link below:

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/pure-latest-versions

- Click on the green download button (next to the version number). Choose save when a dialogue box appears and save to your documents or to your desktop. It may take an average of 5 to 20 minutes to download, depending on your internet connection speed.

Step 2:

- If Kaspersky is still installed on your pc, you should first uninstall this via the normal process:

- Go to Start->Control Panel->Programs & Features/ Add or remove programs/ Uninstall a program and choose Kaspersky from the list and uninstall it, the PC will restart at the end.

Step 3:

- Once the computer has restarted, please find the Kaspersky Installation file you downloaded earlier and double left click it. When prompted by windows, choose run and click yes to any other security prompts to begin the installation.

- When Windows has finished preparing for installation it will bring up a window saying "Welcome to Kaspersky Pure Setup Wizard". Choose next to continue.

- Follow the installation wizard prompts, clicking next until you see the option to install – click install when you are ready to do so.

- You will be asked to enter a Master Password for Kaspersky please do ensure if you do so that you do not lose this password.

- Once this has finished, you will be presented with a window prompting to activate Kaspersky (You will need to be connected to the internet at this point)

- Choose to activate commercial licence

- Enter your activation code - You will not need to enter the dashes (-) within the code as Kaspersky enters these automatically. (The code is not case sensitive.) Once the code is entered please check it is correct and then click next.

- After a few checks the activation wizard should return the message "licence key successfully installed". Please select next.

- Allow the system analysis to complete and then click finish to launch Kaspersky.

Please let us know how you get on.

We remind you that you can contact Technical Assistance via email (in this case, please, do not change Subject field) or, in case if you created your request on the portal of Technical Assistance, you will see the direct link below for the quick answer.
https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support?srfid=314291253

Best Regards,
Kaspersky Lab Technical Support

+Quote Post
docrobin
post 23.01.2013 04:31
Post #13

Advanced Member I

Despite reinstalling Pure several times recently for non-Kaspersky reasons, I have had this message on every reboot ever since I bought Pure some months ago. I have been down the getsysteminfo and Technical Support route, and the advice to reinstall Pure without any change. Since the message does not affect Pure's capabilities as far as I can tell, I treat it as an annoyance and ignore it.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 23.01.2013 06:58
Post #14

Are You Kidding?

Please continue with Tech Support.

Also, the next version of PURE is eagerly anticipated soonish, sometime in the future. When the next version of PURE is is available, it will be announced in this section of the forum. Please uninstall the old version before installing the new version. Your current activation code will work on the new version.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.12.2014 19:05