5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> KIS2013 - Slow startup/shutdown, Please patch your software
sbrads
post 21.12.2012 22:21
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(73arm3 @ 21.12.2012 17:55) *
OK cheers Don, I`ll leave it off until a fix comes out.

It's definitely System Watcher. After several reboots proving this to myself, I tried this.... SW off, reboot to a fast PC, wait 5 minutes or longer (I tried 7/12/30 mins) with everything calm and fast, turn on and Apply SW, now the PC uses 100% CPU for 5 minutes approx then it's fast again. Even if you turn off SW a few seconds after the 100% CPU starts up, it still continues at 100% for 5 minutes regardless!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheUltimateNoob
post 22.12.2012 04:13
Post #22

Advanced Member I

I'm having problems with extremely slow shutdown(3.5 times slower than with KIS 2012) and no protection during and after startup.

I have Windows 7 64 bit Pro.
8GB RAM, 2nd generation fast Intel-i7, Solid State Drive(also tested on a PC with HDD).

Here is a little bit of background:
Uninstalled all other security programs(like Malwarebytes,Spybot, even if they don't have real-time scanner).
Uninstalled Kaspersky.
Rebooted.
Downloaded and installed the latest 2013 version from official website.Updated,rebooted,got patch E.
Rebooted.
Then I disabled Kaspersky and downloaded EICAR virus and saved it in encrypted folder.I rebooted PC and decrypted the EICAR
and opened the virus file.Kaspersky did NOT detect it.After 25 seconds the Kaspersky icon showed up and and I opened EICAR again and this time it detected.25 seconds is a pretty slow startup considering the fact that I'm using SSD.My desktop PC which has HDD needs 4 minutes to start the antivirus.
I tried using the software with and without "Concede OS resources during startup..." option checked.
Then I disabled System Watcher and the computer shut down right away(like it used to) BUT it still took long time to start the protection when my PC was boot up (opened EICAR virus multiple times,went undetected for 25 seconds until icon showed up).
I disabled the network card and rebooted the PC but that didn't help.
I tried disabling the Cloud Protection option but that didn't help.
I ran a full scan of the PC then rebooted twice by thinking that iSwift and iChecker could make the PC faster but that didn't help neither.

I can not use KIS without System Watcher because that is what monitors the computer for suspicious activities(HIPS protection) nor do I suggest anyone to disable it.Behavior monitor is one of the only ways to protect yourself against zero-day malwares as far as I know.Even if I do disable System Watcher, it will only give me faster shutdown times which is not my main concern.My main concern is the lack of protection during and after startup.

Does anyone know if Kaspersky Lab is working on Patch F ? I know that they are aware of this problem but they were going to fix the issue with Patch E but that patch turned out to be not so useful for me ,and as I understand, for other users as well.

Thanks for your time.

+Quote Post
TheUltimateNoob
post 22.12.2012 07:42
Post #23

Advanced Member I

I decided to monitor my computer with Sysinternal ProcessMonitor to find out what's happening.I rebooted the PC and ran the ProcessMonitor tool right away.
I noticed that Kaspersky was inactive at the beginning then it started to read/write whole lot of files and registery keys(which is normal I guess).
Then I noticed that many attemps to read/write files and registery keys were not sucessful.
There was a long line of activities where Kaspersky tried to read registery keys but the result was showing "Name not found" or "Buffer overflow"(especially in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\Certificates\e.t.c e.t.c registry area).
In the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CustomLocale registry area it was trying to REPARSE something,then it showed SUCCESS then it showed NAME NOT FOUND.This process happened many times(like a cycle) that's why it caught my attention.
I don't know if this has anything to do with startup delays.Keep in mind that I'm talking about Kaspersky startup time and not my computer startup.My PC is actually booting faster with KIS 2013.
I also wanted to let people know that the green window that shows up and says "Protection Enabled" is incorrectly delayed,just ignore it.Protection begins as soon as the red K icon appears in taskbar(but not sooner than that, I tested it).
In my case the red icon(and protection) starts after 25 seconds but the green "Protection Enabled" notification appears after about 2 minutes.

Cheers

+Quote Post
lackoo
post 22.12.2012 10:13
Post #24

Advanced Member I

Hmm .

Since i patched the software KIS components of Firefox shows version number : 13.0.1.4250

+Quote Post
MoxieMomma
post 22.12.2012 10:54
Post #25

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(savilion @ 21.12.2012 21:24) *
The problem with the Virtual Keyboard slowing the mouse pointer seems to have been fixed, but the keyboard appearing after clicking the firefox button is still a hit and miss affair.

I can confirm this, as well, on my new Win7/64 desktop running a clean install of KIS2013 in a new, from-scratch Fx profile.

VK works consistently from the system tray icon > tools, but NOT from the browser plug-in button.
(If I uninstall/reinstall Fx (keeping my profile, of course), the VK works once or twice. However, the next time I open a browser session, it does not.)

URL advisor and the other browser plug-ins do seem to work OK.

MM

PS I hope to update both of my other rigs (win7/64 and Win7/32) to KIS2013 in the next few days -- will report back if the VK issue is confirmed on them, as well.

--------------------
How to Upgrade/Clean Install Current Versions How to Run GSI My Kaspersky KIS2014 KB KAV2014 KB Open Support Ticket
__
DT:Win7-Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4Ghz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620 1 GB; KIS 14.0.0.4651 EN (h); IE 9; Fx; TB; CCleaner.
And another Win7/64 DT with KIS2014 (h) and a Win7/32 LT with KIS2014 (h); and an Android smartphone with KISA 11.x.

+Quote Post
gmcpmc
post 22.12.2012 22:25
Post #26

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 21.12.2012 12:54) *
Also,

When you do receive the patch E for version 2013, please do two reboots and then see Settings > fourth cardboard box icon > compatibility > uncheck Concede Operating System resources at computer startup > Ok > reboot.

The second reboot after the patch is received will cause this setting to be enabled, even if this setting was disabled before the patch was received.

Question: "Should this setting be enabled, or disabled?"

Answer: Quote from the Help file: "If the check box is selected, the startup of Kaspersky Internet Security is postponed for a while to allow the operating system to boot faster.

We recommend that you avoid using this mode, since in this case Kaspersky Internet Security does not scan network connections that had been established before the application was started. For example, Kaspersky Internet Security will not intercept actions of malicious programs that receive or transmit data at the operating system's startup; it will not control messaging over IM clients, either.

If the check box is cleared, Kaspersky Internet Security starts together with the operating system."

I have KAV2013,received Patch E yesterday and followed your instructions but still have the problem with "protection enabled" loading very, very slow. Any other instructions on what can be done to elimiate this problem. Never had it wil KAV2012. I did a clean install when going from 2012 to 2013.

+Quote Post
TheUltimateNoob
post 23.12.2012 01:11
Post #27

Advanced Member I

UPDATES:

I used Sysinternals several times again but this time with filters and Boot Logging option in order to keep only relevant info and not to miss any activity during startup.
I noticed that Kaspersky spends a lot of time and efforts on reading/opening registry keys from this path
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Disallowed\Certificates\SomethingSomethingblahblah\
I don't know why but sometimes it needs about 14 seconds(would be much longer if I had hard drive instead of SSD) to read just these certificates then after a while it comes back and reads the same certificates again.During this process the antivirus is not started and doesn't detect viruses.I believe especially this and the other registry path that I mentioned on previous post(...\AuthRoot\...) is what cause long startup delays.

I really hope a developer from Kaspersky Lab can examine this registry activity.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 23.12.2012 02:12
Post #28

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Please quantify. How slow is very, very slow? Ten seconds? Ten minutes? Ten Mayan Baktuns?

Please revisit that setting to insure that it is still set as indicated. If still no go, GSI log can't hurt.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Errorcauser
post 23.12.2012 10:21
Post #29

I'm here to confirm/Report the same thing. Even with all updates installed patch "E". My computer takes for ever to start up. It gets to the desktop, loads the Kaspersky "K" then it's like it near locks, stopping anything else from loading. If I right click and disable Kaspersky protection at that point, everything breaks lose and starts loading quickly.

Then I re-enable Kaspersky protection when all is loaded and it works normal from there on out. This just started happening within the last few days. A Microsoft update?

Please FIX this Kaspersky Labs. Thanks from a very long time Kaspersky user.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 23.12.2012 13:35
Post #30

Global Moderator

QUOTE(Errorcauser @ 23.12.2012 08:21) *
I'm here to confirm/Report the same thing. Even with all updates installed patch "E". My computer takes for ever to start up. It gets to the desktop, loads the Kaspersky "K" then it's like it near locks, stopping anything else from loading. If I right click and disable Kaspersky protection at that point, everything breaks lose and starts loading quickly.

Then I re-enable Kaspersky protection when all is loaded and it works normal from there on out. This just started happening within the last few days. A Microsoft update?

Please FIX this Kaspersky Labs. Thanks from a very long time Kaspersky user.

It's probably the issue with system watcher that a number of users see, easy to check....disable system watcher and reboot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mszef
post 23.12.2012 14:51
Post #31

I've did all updates in KIS, but after system reboot it still needs few minutes to make it usable. Whne I'm looking into Task Manager, after reboots it startes taking all processor time, and after about 2-5 minutes is going back to normal, and has no later problems. Patch E didn't helped. Disabling System Watcher helped. I also noticed that this started on Friday (21st) morning. Before that day I had no issue with KIS 2013. which I;m using for a while. So something had to change between 20 morning GMT+1 time and 21st morning GMT+1 time.

+Quote Post
isikol
post 23.12.2012 14:58
Post #32

im wondering for how long this is going to happening....are there anyone from the kaspersky labs who reads these forums....???

this is outrageous....

im i the only one pissed off with the whole situation?

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 23.12.2012 17:03
Post #33

Global Moderator

QUOTE(isikol @ 23.12.2012 12:58) *
im wondering for how long this is going to happening....are there anyone from the kaspersky labs who reads these forums....???

this is outrageous....

im i the only one pissed off with the whole situation?

Ok, thats quite enough.

Yes, i understand you're unhappy, but trying to rile up an movement is not ok. As already mentioned before if it issue you see is because of system watcher then it is an already know issue and ATM there is no ETA on a fix to that. You also need to understand that you're in for many rants until it's fixed if you going to do it at the rate you have been doing it because some fixes are not a fast 1-2 week job when it's a program component and especially since not all are affected which probably makes it even harder.

The best advice is to contact support and work with them to fix this issue and as hard as it is.......try to be a little patient and keep system watcher off for now. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Don Pelotas: 24.12.2012 01:44
Reason for edit: One really bad advice removed from the thread

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdol
post 24.12.2012 22:36
Post #34

WIndows 7 Home Premium X64

KIS 2013 ( e )

I have been using KIS 2013 with no problems since it was released. Recently I have encountered CPU usage of 75 - 100% for several minutes after it starts. It then reverts to normal. I can solve the problem by turning off System Watcher.

As far as I can tell, this started after the following Windows Update was applied.

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2753842)

Installation date: ‎22/‎12/‎2012 5:00 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

GSI Link http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...74b101e39e88f3c

+Quote Post
TOGS
post 24.12.2012 23:03
Post #35

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(jdol @ 24.12.2012 21:36) *
Recently I have encountered CPU usage of 75 - 100% for several minutes after it starts. It then reverts to normal. I can solve the problem by turning off System Watcher.

As far as I can tell, this started after the following Windows Update was applied.

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2753842)

Installation date: ‎22/‎12/‎2012 5:00 AM

Hello....Could be right there but i think it may be an update to system watcher by Kaspersky that caused it as users were

reporting it on the 20th before the windows update and as you know the workaround at the moment is as you have done by

disabling system watcher or turn your computer on and go and have a coffee/tea or whateverand two mins to five minutes later

depending on you rig everything works fine.....they are working on a fix but no eta. rolleyes.gif

Nothing jumps out as causing it in your GSI imo but others may say different.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=251937

+Quote Post
TechKasp1998
post 25.12.2012 02:50
Post #36

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 23.12.2012 07:03) *
Ok, thats quite enough.

Yes, i understand you're unhappy, but trying to rile up an movement is not ok. As already mentioned before if it issue you see is because of system watcher then it is an already know issue and ATM there is no ETA on a fix to that. You also need to understand that you're in for many rants until it's fixed if you going to do it at the rate you have been doing it because some fixes are not a fast 1-2 week job when it's a program component and especially since not all are affected which probably makes it even harder.

The best advice is to contact support and work with them to fix this issue and as hard as it is.......try to be a little patient and keep system watcher off for now. smile.gif

Hello. This is my first post in this forum.

Yes, I think that the System Watcher is the problem, because I was trying to disable it from Settings, but when I click it, Kaspersky doesn't responds and then crashes. After the crash, in Task Manager I see the Kaspersky process opened by the system using the 50% of the CPU, now what can I do?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 25.12.2012 04:05
Post #37

Are You Kidding?

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
TheUltimateNoob
post 25.12.2012 04:30
Post #38

Advanced Member I

Can I post my link too?
I'm still having the slow protection startup problem ,even if the System Watcher is disabled.Disabling it only makes the PC shutdown faster.

I ran the GetSystemInfo in Safe Mode because in normal mode it doesn't work.
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...274afa12ff47885

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Johan D
post 27.12.2012 21:18
Post #39

Guys, I am running Windows 7 64 bit pro and had the same problem. Earlier today I was going through all my Kaspersky settings and found the following under: Settings / advanced settings / compatability: "Concede operating system resources at computer startup" I unchecked this block and my PC is now back to normal. KIS now starts up within 4 to 5 seconds again. I Hope this helps some of you with your problem.

+Quote Post
saudigt
post 27.12.2012 22:38
Post #40

Since 5 days, when i startup my pc, and when i try to right-click or open anything in desktop, My pc freezes for 60 seconds, then everything go normally, i tried to disable KIS and the problem disappeared, so i uninstalled kis using kav remover tool, then installed it again, the problem is back now, i think there's something wrong with updates in the last 5 days
Win7 64bit - Kapsersky Internet Security 2013
PC components:
Intel i7 3.4 extreme
SSD drive
6GB RAM

I need help ...

This post has been edited by saudigt: 27.12.2012 22:44

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22.12.2014 13:53