IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> End User License Agreement has been violated?
leighv
post 20.12.2012 10:52
Post #1

Group: Members

To make a long story short, I have been having an insane amount of issues with my Win7 laptop. After getting a virus I decided to restore my computer to it's factory condition. Realizing I had misplaced my activation for Kaspersky Anti-Virus, I picked up Kaspersky Pure at Best Buy since it came for 3 computers instead of just 1. Ever since, I have been having an endless amount of issues. But more specifically, this time my computer reported that Windows Firewall and Kaspersky Pure had been turned off. I rolled over the Kaspersky icon on my toolbar and it said it was Updating - 100%. I assumed it was just that and waited for it to finish. I was able to turn both back on with no issues. Then it told me that the launch of the program had failed and asked to send it to Kaspersky. After doing that, I noticed that my laptop said I needed to solve a problem with Kaspersky Anti Virus. When I click on it, this is what comes up:

"Solve a problem with Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Kaspersky Anti-Virus has stopped working properly.

A newer version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus is available for download that might solve this problem. Kaspersky Lab recommends updating to the latest version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus to take advantage of security and stability improvements. "

When I first got this message, Kaspersky was back on and working fine, so I decided to put it off as I'm in the middle of an important assignment.

Then a few minutes later, Kaspersky and Windows Firewall goes back off. I was able to get Firewall back on, but not Kaspersky. It says License issues in red at the top, at the bottom it says License: not available. After re-entering my activation code, I get error code: 0x80000240.

So naturally, I'm quite confused as to why this is happening. Being cautious as I am, I am now wary of "updating" it. Is this just an issue regarding the need for an update, or could something be affecting the program?

Please help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.12.2012 10:59
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
leighv
post 20.12.2012 11:11
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 20.12.2012 09:59) *
Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Hopefully I did this correctly- http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f6ecde713c6252c

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.12.2012 11:41
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

1. Where is Windows 7 Service Pack 1?

2. You are low on ram. Please add another two GB of ram. You have 64-bit Windows 7 with only 2 GB of ram. That is like the Navy buying the biggest aircraft carrier that they can afford, and then putting a Piper Cub on it.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
leighv
post 20.12.2012 13:13
Post #5

QUOTE(richbuff @ 20.12.2012 10:41) *
1. Where is Windows 7 Service Pack 1?

2. You are low on ram. Please add another two GB of ram. You have 64-bit Windows 7 with only 2 GB of ram. That is like the Navy buying the biggest aircraft carrier that they can afford, and then putting a Piper Cub on it.

I'll work on the ram part. As for the issue, does it seem to have to do with the service pack?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.12.2012 13:26
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > fix your broken Windows > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

Your applications work ok if Windows works ok. The service pack and the Windows updates provide functionality and reliability fixes; as well as security fixes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.11.2014 11:14