Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> kav remover
emilemma
post 5.11.2012 22:58
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

i recently removed kis 2013 via the w8 control panel, restarted, ran kav remover, restarted....

i then ran a reg scanner and discovered there are more than 400 KIS reg entries left...

should'nt kav remover delete any and all reg references to kav, kis???

if not then why not???

i now have the entries there doing nothing which does not make sense to me???

this is just reg clutter...

many thanks for the help...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
white chocolate
post 6.11.2012 01:25
Post #2

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(emilemma @ 5.11.2012 21:58) *
i recently removed kis 2013 via the w8 control panel, restarted, ran kav remover, restarted....

i then ran a reg scanner and discovered there are more than 400 KIS reg entries left...

should'nt kav remover delete any and all reg references to kav, kis???

if not then why not???

i now have the entries there doing nothing which does not make sense to me???

this is just reg clutter...

many thanks for the help...

I would think your registry cleaner is overstating the count.
My typical uninstall routine is to 1)Close KIS 2)uninstall via control panel 3)reboot into safe mode 4)run kavremover in safe mode 5)reboot
After running that,and then running ccleaner or jv powertools registry cleaner,i might only come up with 2 keys tops.And if I manually edit right after that,i may find 3 keys.No where near the 400
Kavremover works best when saved to the root of the c drive and run in safe mode.

--------------------
KIS 2015 15.0.1.415
Adguard 5.10
Windows 8.1 Pro X64

+Quote Post
emilemma
post 6.11.2012 03:10
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(white chocolate @ 6.11.2012 00:25) *
I would think your registry cleaner is overstating the count.
My typical uninstall routine is to 1)Close KIS 2)uninstall via control panel 3)reboot into safe mode 4)run kavremover in safe mode 5)reboot
After running that,and then running ccleaner or jv powertools registry cleaner,i might only come up with 2 keys tops.And if I manually edit right after that,i may find 3 keys.No where near the 400
Kavremover works best when saved to the root of the c drive and run in safe mode.

i was not using reg cleaner...used regscanner from sysinternals, which only scans, no cleanup, which i think is very reliable, but maybe not...

is it really necessary to boot to safe mode to have kav remover work correctly??

many thanks...

p.s. do you know of any issues kis 2013 has with win 8 pro???

This post has been edited by emilemma: 6.11.2012 03:13

+Quote Post
white chocolate
post 6.11.2012 04:07
Post #4

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(emilemma @ 6.11.2012 02:10) *
i was not using reg cleaner...used regscanner from sysinternals, which only scans, no cleanup, which i think is very reliable, but maybe not...

is it really necessary to boot to safe mode to have kav remover work correctly??

many thanks...

p.s. do you know of any issues kis 2013 has with win 8 pro???

Safe mode eliminates the possibility of a given process getting in the way of clean removal.Most security software I have tested uninstalls sloppily,even with removal tools in standard mode.Norton comes to mind.As far as issues with win 8 pro,nothing to think of.As long as you disable the windows firewall and windows defender in win8,you will be fine.There is a semi issue for which I am waiting to hear back from tech support in regards to java applets in the web browser not functioning properly and the verify java version on java.com not working properly.Minor issue.All in all,KIS runs superbly on windows 8.The devs and testers did a heck of a job getting KIS ready for windows 8.Some competitors are struggling getting their full suite compatable and in a stable manner.Not KIS.Color me quite satisfied.

--------------------
KIS 2015 15.0.1.415
Adguard 5.10
Windows 8.1 Pro X64

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.11.2012 04:24
Post #5

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Also, in addition to what white chocolate has posted above,

"should'nt kav remover delete any and all reg references to kav, kis?" No, because some registry keys that are Kaspersky-related are created by Windows, and are strictly Windows' business, so to speak. You can ignore those.

Also, when the Kaspersky Removal Tool is run in Normal mode, the tool invokes the normal Microsoft Installer uninstall process. However, when the tool is run in Safe mode, the normal msi process is completely bypassed, thus the tool is forced to do its own removal process, completely independent of the normal msi process.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
emilemma
post 6.11.2012 06:57
Post #6

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 6.11.2012 03:24) *
Also, in addition to what white chocolate has posted above,

"should'nt kav remover delete any and all reg references to kav, kis?" No, because some registry keys that are Kaspersky-related are created by Windows, and are strictly Windows' business, so to speak. You can ignore those.
Also, when the Kaspersky Removal Tool is run in Normal mode, the tool invokes the normal Microsoft Installer uninstall process. However, when the tool is run in Safe mode, the normal msi process is completely bypassed, thus the tool is forced to do its own removal process, completely independent of the normal msi process.

ah, never thot that kav remover uses msi to uninstall... good point...

many thanks for the information.. greatly appreciated...

emilemma...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.10.2014 00:34