Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PURE 2.0 - Internal error, Error while installing PURE 2.0
SkyJP
post 31.10.2012 13:12
Post #1

Group: Members

*PURE 2.0 (mistype'd title)

Internal error 2753 avpinst.dll shows up when I try and install Kaspersky PURE 2.0

The KAVRemover tool shows Kaspersky is installed and ready to remove, however the application has not installed itself properly (and is not identified by Windows or Revo Uninstaller).

I have:
Performed a full system scan with Advanced Systemcare 6 (and disk defragment with Smart Defrag)
Multiple scans with CCleaner
Running the KAVRemover tool as administrator in safe mode
Uninstalled Bitdefender 2013 with Revo Uninstaller and used the BD removal tool

I cannot show a GSI report because when I run GetSystemInfo4.exe (my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit genuine), choose the maximum report level and scan it, the time elapsed continues but it stays stuck on "Obtaining list of operating system information..." for about an hour last time I checked.

This post has been edited by SkyJP: 31.10.2012 13:14
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 31.10.2012 13:14
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fourth (4th) Important topic. Please do not max the GSI settings. Default gsi settings shall suffice.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
SkyJP
post 31.10.2012 13:38
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 31.10.2012 09:14) *
Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fourth (4th) Important topic. Please do not max the GSI settings. Default gsi settings shall suffice.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Tried it in safe mode and without. Running for ~23 minutes in default settings and still on 'Obtaining list of Operating System information'.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 31.10.2012 14:03
Post #4

Are You Kidding?

Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
SkyJP
post 31.10.2012 14:27
Post #5

(See attachments)
Attached File(s)
Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip ( 51,93K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 31.10.2012 14:46
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Your avz log does show one Kaspersky item: C:\windows\system32\drivers\klif.sys

Please try with Zemana, Iobit and SuperAntiSpyware uninstalled. Make sure Windows Defender is disabled.

I see that you have already run the Kaspersky removal tool in Safe mode. If this issue is not readily resolvable, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkyJP
post 31.10.2012 15:06
Post #7

Same issue. I have uninstalled Zemana, ASC and SAS and rebooted. Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are both reported disabled.

+Quote Post
SkyJP
post 31.10.2012 22:39
Post #8

Anything? Long time since I last heard and no one is applied to my problem on the support desk.

After doing the aforementioned, the new attachment shows the updated info after what richbuff advised I should do:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip ( 44,49K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 1.11.2012 02:49
Post #9

Are You Kidding?

BitDefender item shows up in your new log, as well as Iobit item. And the Klif item, too.

Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

Please try GSI again.

If still no go on GSI, please post a new avz log.

Also, please follow up with Tech Support again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkyJP
post 1.11.2012 12:40
Post #10

QUOTE(richbuff @ 31.10.2012 22:49) *
BitDefender item shows up in your new log, as well as Iobit item. And the Klif item, too.

Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.
When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

Please try GSI again.

If still no go on GSI, please post a new avz log.

Also, please follow up with Tech Support again.

Kavremover repeatedly shows that PURE 2.0 is installed and ready to remove but none of the program files are there. In the installation of KIS 2013, it stated that there was another Kaspersky product installed.

New file:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip ( 44,11K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
SkyJP
post 2.11.2012 13:40
Post #11

KIS 2013 states there is another kaspersky application installed, and the remover tool will not delete PURE 2.0 from the list (it repeatedly shows it's there no matter what I do).

What else can I do? Tech support has only replied with 'Post your GSI info' and I haven't heard from them since yesterday.

This post has been edited by SkyJP: 2.11.2012 13:42

+Quote Post
SkyJP
post 4.11.2012 16:22
Post #12

Technical support seems to be echoing everything that is being said here...

Kaspersky PURE 2.0 installation now shows 'Your computer already has another localization of Kaspersky product installed' before the previous error.

If anyone is able to help me fix GSI (since this is what tech-support want the most) it would be very appreciated.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.11.2012 02:29
Post #13

Are You Kidding?

My thinking is that to avoid confusion, you should continue with Tech Support. Tech Support has more advanced tools that they can use.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.10.2014 03:50