IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JAVA is blocked in Windows 8 by KIS2013, weird problem with JAVA
SvenOhrberg
post 29.10.2012 05:49
Post #1

Group: Members

Newinstalled (clean install) Windows 8 Pro x64.
Installed x86 and x64 versions of java. After install reboot the PC. Can't complete the "do I have java"-test on Verify Java Version

On this test How do I test whether Java is working on my computer? I get an error saying "Error. Click for details", and when I do, there opens a little window with this text:

ClassNotFoundException

I then click on "Details", and this pops up

Java Plug-in 10.9.2.05
Using JRE version 1.7.0_09-b05 Java HotSpot™ Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\<my name>
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

I have looked in Control Panel, and there is a Java plugin there. Can't find any errors in this, but I don't know what I am looking after . I have checked the "java"tab and clicked on "view" to see both "user" and "system" is enabled, and they are. What more can be checked?

It is the same error nomatter if I use IE10 or Chrome-browser (both in desktop-mode).

Unless I turn KIS2013 complete off. Then JAVA is working just fine. I have checked that Oracles is fully trusted in KIS2013.

I am using the danish version of KIS2013, and a danish version of Windows 8 pro, so that should work together, right?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 29.10.2012 06:02
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Two things come to mind first. Inform Tech Support of this issue, and post your GetSystemInfo report link.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
white chocolate
post 29.10.2012 13:46
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 29.10.2012 05:02) *
Two things come to mind first. Inform Tech Support of this issue, and post your GetSystemInfo report link.

Informing tech support is a great idea.It could be something that wasn't noticed before.I have had a few people contact me with the same issue on win8prox64 and KIS.Didn't take the time to notice whether or not the issue was present on my main machine,but it is.I have tried a few different configurations..one with KIS,1 with windows defender and win firewall,1 with WSA and windows firewall.All work on the java test except for KIS.I do not actually think it is a problem with java itself.All my pages load and display properly.Must just be something related to that test.Not much of a big deal for me.Will not blame this on KIS.Please keep us up to date on your correspondence with Tech Support so we can pass along the information to other users with the same problem.

--------------------
KIS 2015 15.0.0.463
Adguard 5.9
Windows 8.1 Pro X64

+Quote Post
Johann Haraldsso...
post 29.10.2012 14:43
Post #4

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as the first user has,
I made an "Opgrade Install" win 8 pro 64 bit danish over Win 7 Home 64 bit danish yesterday,

I have KIS 2013 and have done exactly the same with my Java as the first user has.

If I "Pause Protection" there are no problems and I can run Java just fine in IE10 and Chrome.

+Quote Post
brodscholl
post 29.10.2012 17:46
Post #5

Same problem here. Clean Install of Win8pro and KIS2013 (full version, no upgrade).
Java is blocked when Protection is on. If i shut down the protection, then Java-Sites work correctly (for example the Test-Site of Orcalce http://www.java.com/de/download/testjava.jsp).

+Quote Post
SvenOhrberg
post 29.10.2012 17:46
Post #6

QUOTE(richbuff @ 29.10.2012 03:02) *

Here is the link
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...5a8286404dd3b54

I will write to tech support as soon as this post is finished

+Quote Post
healthguy
post 30.10.2012 17:05
Post #7

I have experienced the same thing with a new Sony Vaio laptop with I7 processor, 8gb ram, 1TB hard drive with Windows 8 pre-installed,.

It took way to long to find out that this is a KIS2013 issue. I cant believe that KIS cant get this fixed. I think I am going to dress my laptop up as an IPAD for Halloween.

+Quote Post
white chocolate
post 31.10.2012 02:52
Post #8

Advanced Member I

I'm not too keen on putting anything java in any sort of exclusion list.I have never been a big fan of the concept of a workaround.Would like to see this issue addressed by other means.Oh well.Doesn't look like there will be a real solution anytime soon.I would assume that with KIS exploit protection,that you would be protected from any exploits attempting to enter your pc through java vulnerabilities.Best of luck

edit: del quote.

This post has been edited by richbuff: 31.10.2012 04:28

--------------------
KIS 2015 15.0.0.463
Adguard 5.9
Windows 8.1 Pro X64

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 31.10.2012 04:44
Post #9

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

QUOTE(SvenOhrberg)
Answer from tech support, but I'm not sure I like it unsure.gif

<quote>
Reply to customer

Hello!
~~~
~~~

Hi Sven,

I kind of don't like it, either. So, in this case, I am gonna invoke the "it's between you and tech support" thing, and shunt your post off to the side for now.

Hi everyone,

Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1929487 post #2. If Tech Support provides you with instructions, based on your logs, and if the instructions may possibly be something that you are unsure of, please continue with Tech Support. smile.gif

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
captainplanet44
post 20.12.2012 07:15
Post #10

I was having the exact same problem with Win8 64 bit. I didn't want java to have a "free pass" since I know a lot of malware exploits it, so I tinkered around with the settings to see what the minimal settings that would work were. I found that if you just add java.exe and select "do not scan network traffic" it works.

Hope this saves someone some time.

+Quote Post
vbcrayon
post 22.12.2012 02:14
Post #11

QUOTE(captainplanet44 @ 20.12.2012 00:15) *
I was having the exact same problem with Win8 64 bit. I didn't want java to have a "free pass" since I know a lot of malware exploits it, so I tinkered around with the settings to see what the minimal settings that would work were. I found that if you just add java.exe and select "do not scan network traffic" it works.

Thanks for the solution!

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 22.12.2012 21:09
Post #12

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

One very strange and incorrect post removed. Two more removed a few hours later.....now not only strange, but downright trolling with incorrect info.

This post has been edited by Don Pelotas: 22.12.2012 22:12

--------------------

+Quote Post
George Lanning
post 16.01.2013 03:04
Post #13

QUOTE(captainplanet44 @ 20.12.2012 06:15) *

That sounds like just what I need, but being new to KIS I have not been able to find where you add java.exe and how you select "do not scan network traffic." Could you please explain further?

+Quote Post
DanA2012
post 17.01.2013 00:07
Post #14

I have to admit I have not read this thread thoroughly. Be aware: Neither Java 1.7 u10 nor u11 can be installed in Win7 x64 due to a faulty Oracle package. You have to fiddle with the Registry to have Java to work with Chrome or Firefox. Please read what “madperson” says at the Mozilla forum:

in some instances firefox may not be able to detect that the java plugin is installed, because oracle made an error in registering the java plugin for mozilla-based browsers in version 7u10 & 7u11... this will apparently just be fixed with its next release.

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8005410

for a workaround see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java#Add_back_missing_registry_key

After applying the work-around, Java 1.7 u11 plug-in was recognized in both Firefox and Chrome.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.08.2014 06:25