Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Synology & Sonos Problems, merged.
AlexBr
post 27.10.2012 10:44
Post #1

Group: Members

I ran into some problems with KIS 2013 on Windows 8.
This may also be a problem on Windows 7/KIS 2013, but it worked fine with KIS 2012 on Windows 7.

I have 2 programs that don't work properly anymore due to KIS.
The first one is the Synology Assistant, the second one is the Windows SONOS Controller.

As soon as KIS 2013.0.1.4190 is installed they can't find their respective devices anymore.
Disabling and even shutting down KIS doesn't help.

Uninstalling KIS solves the issue again.

A link to a report by GetSystemInfo can be found here

Any suggestions?

BR
Alex
Reason for edit: Bug number 216301
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sirshambling
post 6.11.2012 20:01
Post #2

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(AlexBr @ 27.10.2012 06:44) *
I ran into some problems with KIS 2013 on Windows 8.
This may also be a problem on Windows 7/KIS 2013, but it worked fine with KIS 2012 on Windows 7.

I have 2 programs that don't work properly anymore due to KIS.
The first one is the Synology Assistant, the second one is the Windows SONOS Controller.

As soon as KIS 2013.0.1.4190 is installed they can't find their respective devices anymore.
Disabling and even shutting down KIS doesn't help.

Uninstalling KIS solves the issue again.

A link to a report by GetSystemInfo can be found here

Any suggestions?

BR
Alex

I'm having the same problems with Synology Assistant as Alex using Win 8 and KIS 2013.

I'm replying to bump this up the agenda a bit as nobody seems to have addressed this issue.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 7.11.2012 04:33
Post #3

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
sirshambling
post 7.11.2012 14:04
Post #4

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 7.11.2012 00:33) *
Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Thank you Richbuff. I have sent a report to the Tech Support team. I'll post here if I get a reply.

+Quote Post
sirshambling
post 9.11.2012 16:31
Post #5

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(sirshambling @ 7.11.2012 10:04) *
Thank you Richbuff. I have sent a report to the Tech Support team. I'll post here if I get a reply.

I've had an email from Tech Support with these instructions:-

"With Kaspersky installed - go to Settings->firewall and make sure the network card is set to local.

Then try settings and exclusion for the program via Settings-#>advanced settings (icon of cardboard box) go to thereat and exclusions->lower of the settings buttons.

Click on Trusted Applications and click on add, add in the application and apply and ok changes."

Sadly they make no difference at all. Synology Assistant still fails to find my NAS. I've replied saying it was no go and attached a log report as requested.

I'll report further when I hear again.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 10.11.2012 02:44
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators

'"With Kaspersky installed - go to Settings->firewall and make sure the network card is set to local.'

Please reboot for good measure, and then re-visit the setting to see if it is as should be. If still no go, set the network card to Trusted > apply>ok all as you back out of the settings > reboot.

Then revisit the Trusted Applications, and check to see if that is as should be. Any better? If not, then please set as you were last instructed, and then follow up with Tech Support again.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
sirshambling
post 11.11.2012 01:02
Post #7

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 9.11.2012 22:44) *
'"With Kaspersky installed - go to Settings->firewall and make sure the network card is set to local.'

Please reboot for good measure, and then re-visit the setting to see if it is as should be. If still no go, set the network card to Trusted > apply>ok all as you back out of the settings > reboot.

Then revisit the Trusted Applications, and check to see if that is as should be. Any better? If not, then please set as you were last instructed, and then follow up with Tech Support again.

Thanks for your suggestion Richbuff - I'm grateful.

I tried changing the Network Adapter setting to "trusted Network", rebooted and then tried the Synology Assistant. Sadly even though KIS retained the new settings the Synology Assistant still didn't find my NAS.

As you said I've now gone back to the settings that Kaspersky Tech Support suggested and will await a further email from them. I'll then report back again.

+Quote Post
Ashleyj
post 11.11.2012 21:19
Post #8

Advanced Member I

I have just bought a new laptop that has Windows 8 installed, I also have a Synology Diskstation DS212j on the network.

In the process of setting up the new laptop one of the first things I did was to install KIS2013 - which all went OK.

A while later I installed Synology Assistant to enable me to map the network drives on the DS212j. Unfortunately after installation Assistant was unable to find any Synology servers - although I could access the folders served by the Media Servers.
I checked the firewall settings in KIS2013 and made sure that it was not blocking Synology Assistant but this made no difference - I will also add that I was unable to access my other computer on the network.

I disabled KIS temporarily to no avail and the only way I was able to get Synology Assistant to see the Synology server was to uninstall KIS. As soon as I did that all was well and I was able to map the shared folders on the DS212j and also access the other PC on the network.

I am in the process of reinstalling KIS and hopefully I will still be able to access the mapped drives when it is done. If not has anyone any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 11.11.2012 22:53
Post #9

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

Hello
in which way did you disable kaspersky? Right click K->Exit?

+Quote Post
Ashleyj
post 12.11.2012 11:12
Post #10

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 11.11.2012 19:53) *
Hello
in which way did you disable kaspersky? Right click K->Exit?

Hi Lucian,

Yes, I right clicked the Kaspersky icon in the system tray and then clicked on exit.

On doing further research it appears I am not the only one who has fallen foul of this bug. When I looked into the firewall settings I noticed that Kaspersky had placed the Synology Assistant program in the Low Restricted section. To be honest I can't see why as this is a recognised program that is distributed with Synology Disckstations of which there must be hundreds of thousands in use.

So far I still have access to the mapped drives with KIS2013 reinstalled - but whether this will survive a reboot I've no idea. Also I have not tried to do anything else with Synology Assistant since reinstalling KIS so I don't know if it is still blocked or not.

The other thing that was a puzzle was that KIS was blocking access to the other PC on my network even though it is on the trusted network.

Any ideas?

+Quote Post
Ashleyj
post 13.11.2012 00:30
Post #11

Advanced Member I

Thanks for all the information. I started a new thread about this problem yesterday as I did not find this one when I did a search.

I also contacted Kaspersky Tech Support about the problem this morning - no reply so far. I will post back if I hear anything new from them regarding the problem.

+Quote Post
AlexBr
post 13.11.2012 01:23
Post #12

I have a ticket open at the technical support since the 27th of October and haven't got a reply yet, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
But I don't blame them, the problem is that they can't give us any advice that will fix the problem since it's obviously nothing we configured wrong.
I guess we have to be patient and wait for a new release or hotfix that deals with the issue or if we can't wait look for some alternative. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ashleyj
post 13.11.2012 11:09
Post #13

Advanced Member I

That's not good to hear.
If all they will do is to tell me what they have already told others - what I have already tried - I suppose there is no point in hanging on for a reply.

I went through the process of uninstall KIS - map the drives using Synology Assistant - reinstall KIS. I still have access to my mapped drives although I've not yet rebooted the laptop, but once again I can't use Synology Assistant for anything.
Luckily I have a desktop running Windows 7 and KIS 2011 that works fine with Assistant so I can use that machine for anything important.

But even so this is not good from a company the size of Kaspersky. I have been using their software for years but my current subscription runs out in 180 days so if this problem is not fixed soon I will definitely look elsewhere for security software.

+Quote Post
AlexBr
post 13.11.2012 21:08
Post #14

Well the good thing is you don't need the Assistant after you have installed the DSM on the NAS.
But it's still important to contact the tech support, so they know that many people have this problem.

And I sure hope they fix the issue in half a year, if not they deserve to loose customers huh.gif

My license ends this week and I'm in no hurry to renew it until this is solved.

This post has been edited by AlexBr: 13.11.2012 21:15

+Quote Post
sirshambling
post 16.11.2012 14:40
Post #15

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(AlexBr @ 13.11.2012 17:08) *
Well the good thing is you don't need the Assistant after you have installed the DSM on the NAS.
But it's still important to contact the tech support, so they know that many people have this problem.

And I sure hope they fix the issue in half a year, if not they deserve to loose customers huh.gif

My license ends this week and I'm in no hurry to renew it until this is solved.

I too have this problem with Synology Assistant and I have a ticket with Tech Support. I think I have found what the problem is. I received this advice from Tech Support:-

"Can I confirm you have excluded this process:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Synology\Assistant\DSAssistant.exe

If you disable a component at a time can you isolate the issue to one part of Kaspersky - so go to Settings and for example uncheck the Firewall and see if issue persists??"

I made that DSAssistant.exe is excluded.

I tried disabling components one by one and the one that works is Firewall as Tech Support suggested.

If I turn off Firewall then DSAssistant finds my NAS once. But to find the NAS again I have to restart Firewall and then disable it again.

Please try this solution for you to find your NAS using DSAssistant.exe

One thing I did notice is that in the Firewall settings DSAssistant is shown in the Application Rules tab as having Permissions - but it is not mentioned under the Packet Rules tab. Can anybody tell me if this is significant?

Now that my problem with DSAssistant has been identified as a Firewall issue with KIS 2013 can this be fixed for me? And every other user of Synology?

Thank you.

+Quote Post
alainternaute
post 28.12.2012 22:43
Post #16

Hello,

Same trouble. But even desactivating KIS does not resolve it. The only solution is to uninstall KIS.

+Quote Post
CarlosZott
post 12.01.2013 17:59
Post #17

QUOTE(alainternaute @ 28.12.2012 15:43) *
Hello,

Same trouble. But even desactivating KIS does not resolve it. The only solution is to uninstall KIS.

Hello! I'm having the same issue here. I managed to install my DS 212j from a windows 7 notebook, but, unlike what was written before in this thread, we do have to run the DSAssistant if we want to use the Photo Uploader, so solving this issue is really important.

If anyone has found a solution, please share!

+Quote Post
SusiBiker
post 18.01.2013 22:17
Post #18

Same problem on Win7x64.
As soon as I installed KIS 2012 I lost the ability to manage via the Synology DS Assistant.
I normally manage via the web interface, but in this case I actually NEED to use the DSA.
I've tried everything in this thread so far, and it just does not work. As has been said earlier, uninstalling KIS is the only way to get it to work. This is not really an acceptable solution.
What's really sad is that I came to Kaspersky after getting sick of the Symantec rubbish (note: this is my opinion only) trying to scan my weather-station data-logger and trashing it. At least Noron360 allowed me to connect my DiskStations... icon20.gif

+Quote Post
Ashleyj
post 4.07.2013 22:38
Post #19

Advanced Member I

I have recently come back to Kaspersky after switching to BitDefender for a while.

The problem of Synology Assistant not being able to find the DiskStation server went away with BD - unfortunately the other problems that I encountered far outweighed the Synology one.

I was hoping that in the meantime Kaspersky might have come up with a fix for the problem but unfortunately it seems they have not - still no access to my DiskStation.

It seems that Synology are aware that both Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm cause problems with Synology Assistant, and Kaspersky is aware that KIS blocks access too, unfortunately no one seems to be in a hurry to fix the issue. :-(

+Quote Post
Rodion Nagornov
post 5.07.2013 10:24
Post #20

Training&Certification Manager

Group: Admin

The bug has the highest priority, so it will be solved.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25.10.2014 22:56