IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 2013 issues (won't update, wont start when windows restarts)
JellyBean007
post 19.09.2012 20:36
Post #1

Group: Members

So i upgraded from KIS 2012 (which was working wonderfully) to KIS 2013 (where the nightmares began).
The major issues of KIS 2013 that i faced was
1) Updates uses to time out:
--I searched on the forums a bit and it seemed like going to update sources in settings and un-checking "use proxy servers" did the trick. But the problem existed even after. The only updates it seemed to get were after the initial update after installing it, after that the updates seemed to time out.
2) Whenever I restarted my PC, i would get the notification in action center that my security was turned off, ie. firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware, etc. The thing is I couldn't really start Kaspersky either. It would do that initial booting up screen when you first start it (initializing) but then it just doesn't do anything.

To be honest, I'm not sure if i really want to go with Kaspersky IS 2013. I might just stick with 2012 for now (or shift to PURE 2.0), but here is my GSI and update history for Kaspersky IS 2013. I would have kept Kaspersky IS 2013 until support could help me, but i tired yesterday afternoon to register on the forums and I never got my confirmation email until right now. I even tried to re-install Kaspersky IS 2013 (after uninstalling with the removal tool) but that did not work out either.

GSI

I appreciate your help. Thank You smile.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  KIS_2013_update.txt ( 66.58K ) Number of downloads: 10

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.09.2012 02:29
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. If update error persists, you can uninstall 2013 > reboot, then re-install 2012. That will suffice until Tech Support can help you find out what is causing the update error.

Until then, you may see some errors in your Event Viewer that could be related to the issue. Revert to the default Host file, too.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
JellyBean007
post 20.09.2012 03:47
Post #3

QUOTE(richbuff @ 19.09.2012 14:29) *
Welcome. If update error persists, you can uninstall 2013 > reboot, then re-install 2012. That will suffice until Tech Support can help you find out what is causing the update error.

Until then, you may see some errors in your Event Viewer that could be related to the issue. Revert to the default Host file, too.

thank you, actually i did uninstall 2013 and re-install 2012. I would have kept 2013 even if the update problem was there, but it just wouldn';wouldn't start when i restarted my computer so i sort of had no choice

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.09.2012 05:05
Post #4

Oldtimer

You could wait a few weeks and try to clean install version 2013 again, after patch (a) is integrated into an installer.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
savilion
post 20.09.2012 10:08
Post #5

I am having the same issue - It looks like there may be a serious bug in one of the latest updates (this might also be the same issue in http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=244582 and later posts in http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=244528). I tried a clean install of KIS 2013 which worked fine but broke again after the latest update. I tried using windows restore which worked fine but broke again after the latest update.

The symptoms are that KIS gets stuck in some sort of update/timeout loop (update symbol on taskbar which never gets past 0% and red KIS task failed errors). Neither the update not KIS itself can be stopped without rebooting. In Windows Task Manager avp.exe is now running with 20 instances.

I am not able to run GSI and after losing a nights sleep working on this will not have time to try yet another uninstall now till the weekend.

Edit: can you advise whether or not KIS will still be protecting my system whilst this problem is being resolved?

This post has been edited by savilion: 20.09.2012 10:15

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.09.2012 10:27
Post #6

Oldtimer

What happens when you try to run GSI?

Operating system is...?

Full build number of Kaspersky is...?

You can also inform Tech Support of this issue: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

--------------------

+Quote Post
savilion
post 20.09.2012 16:15
Post #7

If I try running GSI, the cursor turns to hourglass briefly but nothing else happens.

Operating system is Windows 7 Pro + SP1 32bit version
Full build of KIS is 13.0.1.4190

The number of running avp.exe instances has increased to 54 since my last post - possibly this is increasing by 1 for each failed update attempt. Is this something to do with KIS trying to update to patch (a) (I do not currently have patch a)?

Is there a way I can test that I am still protected while this is happening?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 21.09.2012 02:51
Post #8

Oldtimer

Please reboot, and try GSI again. If still no go with GSI, please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

Also, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Is there a way I can test that I am still protected while this is happening?
Please see: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/tech?qid=193238512

--------------------

+Quote Post
savilion
post 21.09.2012 06:07
Post #9

Many thanks for your reply and your help with this. When I rebooted, I could not run any Kaspersky applications and had warnings from windows about having no antivirus or firewall. I restarted in safe mode and uninstalled KIS 2013 using the removal tool.

I have already spent more time than I can afford working on this, so instead of reinstalling KIS 2013 I downgraded to 2012 until I have time to sort this out. Your comment earlier and many similar posts with similar problems would indicate this might be a problem with updating to patch (a), so I might take your advice from one of your posts above and stick with 2012 until patch (a) is integrated with the installer.

+Quote Post
andyc34
post 12.12.2012 00:27
Post #10

I have exactly the same problem.

I have deinstalled, run KARemover in safe mode.
Reinstalled, but still the same problem.

I logged an online support request 3 days ago, but no response so far.

AndyC

mad.gif

QUOTE(JellyBean007 @ 19.09.2012 16:36) *
So i upgraded from KIS 2012 (which was working wonderfully) to KIS 2013 (where the nightmares began).
The major issues of KIS 2013 that i faced was
1) Updates uses to time out:
--I searched on the forums a bit and it seemed like going to update sources in settings and un-checking "use proxy servers" did the trick. But the problem existed even after. The only updates it seemed to get were after the initial update after installing it, after that the updates seemed to time out.
2) Whenever I restarted my PC, i would get the notification in action center that my security was turned off, ie. firewall, anti-virus, anti-malware, etc. The thing is I couldn't really start Kaspersky either. It would do that initial booting up screen when you first start it (initializing) but then it just doesn't do anything.

To be honest, I'm not sure if i really want to go with Kaspersky IS 2013. I might just stick with 2012 for now (or shift to PURE 2.0), but here is my GSI and update history for Kaspersky IS 2013. I would have kept Kaspersky IS 2013 until support could help me, but i tired yesterday afternoon to register on the forums and I never got my confirmation email until right now. I even tried to re-install Kaspersky IS 2013 (after uninstalling with the removal tool) but that did not work out either.

GSI

I appreciate your help. Thank You smile.gif

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 12.12.2012 00:33
Post #11

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(andyc34 @ 11.12.2012 22:27) *
I have exactly the same problem.

I have deinstalled, run KARemover in safe mode.
Reinstalled, but still the same problem.

I logged an online support request 3 days ago, but no response so far.

AndyC

mad.gif

Hello angry Andy

Which of the problems mentioned do you see? No updates or won't start after the first reboot...after the first update?

--------------------

+Quote Post
andyc34
post 12.12.2012 00:42
Post #12

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 11.12.2012 20:33) *
Hello angry Andy

Which of the problems mentioned do you see? No updates or won't start after the first reboot...after the first update?

Wont start after first reboot.
I have tried installing the original CD product of 2013, and also have tried installing the downloaded update from the website.
The install seems to go OK, but the program will not startup, and gets stuck on the "Loading" message

All was OK with KIS 2012.
wish I had never bought the upgrade.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 12.12.2012 01:05
Post #13

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Try the regfix in this post: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...amp;hl=Hotfix+B

--------------------

+Quote Post
andyc34
post 12.12.2012 12:15
Post #14

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 11.12.2012 21:05) *

I tried the regfix, and my problem is fixed. Many thanks for the suggestion.

Andrew.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.04.2014 01:39