2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> KIS 2013 is not loading at all, Even after re-installing it is same
Roopa
post 19.09.2012 19:10
Post #1

Group: Members

Moderator edit:

Patch B for KAV/KIS 2013 released to update servers.

Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=245206 for instructions on how to remedy the issue.

Hi,

This is my GetSystemInfo .

Check my attachment of tray Icon.

Well the cause might be this, two days back I have disabled Windows Defender (which was ON for almost 2 years). I think after this configuration, I'm sure that I was keep getting these issues. Later KIS 2013 never loaded, ever. Then I've uninstalled using Kaspersky removal Tool. Re-installed KIS 2013. It worked. But then after reboot again no sign of KIS 2013 icon at the tray.

But avp.exe is still running in Task manager.

Please can anyone help me?

Thanks
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Tray_Icon.png ( 143,38K ) Number of downloads: 61

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Berny
post 19.09.2012 19:22
Post #2

Forum Elite

Group: Moderators

Hello

Your available physical memory is arround 250 Mb, you should add some RAM on your computer.

+Quote Post
Baz^^
post 19.09.2012 19:26
Post #3

Wrestling Champion

Group: Gold beta testers

You have multiple errors in your event log:

The Kaspersky Lab Driver service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Either the distributive you are using to install is corrupt/faulty, there is an underlying problem with the OS, or there is an underlying malware issue.

First port of call, remove using uninstall tool, and using a freshly downloaded distributive of 2013 reinstall.

Second port of call, virus related issues forum, the first important topic.

--------------------
Kind Regards,

Baz

+Quote Post
Roopa
post 19.09.2012 19:34
Post #4

QUOTE(Berny @ 19.09.2012 20:52) *
Hello

Your available physical memory is arround 250 Mb, you should add some RAM on your computer.

Yeah I know, but I've been using KIS 2011, 2012 and lately 2013 with no problems at all, using same RAM all these days. Suddenly this error occurred.

Ok I'll try BAZ^^ advice, download a fresh exe of KIS 2013 and try reinstalling it. I highly doubt that there's a malware issue, cause I always scan using KIS.

P.S. I have KIS 2013 version 13.0.1.4190 with size 157MB, but today when I go to re-download the same I saw it is 161MB. Hope this will solve the issue.

This post has been edited by Roopa: 19.09.2012 19:43

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 19.09.2012 19:44
Post #5

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(Roopa @ 19.09.2012 17:34) *
Yeah I know, but I've been using KIS 2011, 2012 and lately 2013 with no problems at all, using same RAM all these days. Suddenly this error occurred.

Ok I'll try BAZ^^ advice, download a fresh exe of KIS 2013 and try reinstalling it. I highly doubt that there's a malware issue, cause I always scan using KIS.

Well, considering your hostfile is changed i would say it's not going to surprise if you are infected, theres no way to protect someone who install cracked software. Two suggestions

1. Restore your hostfile.

2. Change your DNS to OpenDNS. You have erros in the eventlog.

3. Definitely add more ram, 1GB ram on W7 ultimate is simply not enough.

Ups, that was three suggestions

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roopa
post 19.09.2012 20:15
Post #6

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 19.09.2012 21:14) *
Well, considering your hostfile is changed i would say it's not going to surprise if you are infected, theres no way to protect someone who install cracked software. Two suggestions

1. Restore your hostfile.

2. Change your DNS to OpenDNS. You have erros in the eventlog.

3. Definitely add more ram, 1GB ram on W7 ultimate is simply not enough.

Ups, that was three suggestions

Sorry to say this, but I wonder did any of you have read my first post indeed? I know this is going to be difficult to help someone who changed their hostfile. But, ALL these days KIS 2011, 2012 and even 2013 (since the day of its official commercial release), are all working FINE. Later two days back, I have manually changed my Windows Defender Settings to OFF. Since then I'm started to getting errors like this.

Coming to DNS, I'm using Google DNS (because it offers me a lot faster browsing experience than anyone else.) If you could suggest OpenDNS as offering good Security options over Google, I'd switch.

Regarding RAM, definitely going to buy some soon.

I'm open to check if there are any infections in my System. But do you guys think that's main reason behind this?

Thanks for your patience on supporting me.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 19.09.2012 20:27
Post #7

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Yes, i read it and i still feel the same....................not easy to help someone when what you suggest isn't received well.......it's not like a box of chocolates where you can choose whatever you want and end up with a smile on your face feeling you got it all. Sometimes you have to pick your poison eg be a crack user and live with the eternal consequences or don't & usually fare a lot better.

Turning off WD will not get you to the place you are at with KIS, in fact it's recommended to do so. You didn't mention GoogleDNS, but why not try OpenDNS for a few day or even NortonDNS because as i said you have errors in the eventlog.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roopa
post 19.09.2012 20:39
Post #8

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 19.09.2012 21:57) *
Yes, i read it and i still feel the same....................not easy to help someone when what you suggest isn't received well.......it's not like a box of chocolates where you can choose whatever you want and end up with a smile on your face feeling you got it all. Sometimes you have to pick your poison eg be a crack user and live with the eternal consequences or don't & usually fare a lot better.

Turning off WD will not get you to the place you are at with KIS, in fact it's recommended to do so. You didn't mention GoogleDNS, but why not try OpenDNS for a few day or even NortonDNS because as i said you have errors in the eventlog.

Yeah it's either follow the suggestions or on my own. You explained it with a good analogy.

Anyway, I'm going to try OpenDNS. (but as far as my past experience with it suggests OpenDNS is very slow)

And I'm going to try installing the freshly downloaded distributive and comeback here with the results, as my distributive size(downloaded at the time of first official release of KIS 2013) is 4MB less than that of KIS 2013 that I'm about to download. Was it my fault or did the distributive get updated in size?

Thanks again.

+Quote Post
caveman98
post 20.09.2012 01:30
Post #9

I also have got the exact same problem. KIS is not loading after database update.

After a recent database update, KIS on one my PCs started not loading after system restart. It does not display any errors, it just does not load. I've tried removing and reinstalling but as soon as I let the automatic update to finish, KIS fails to load. As a temporary fix I've disabled the automatic update feature and changed it to manual. I know I'm not getting up to date malware database but at least it still is working this way. It's weird that on my other PC those updates are installed but everything is still working flawlessly.

I think this is related to an incompatibility with an application installed on the system.

+Quote Post
Rich153
post 20.09.2012 01:53
Post #10

I am having this problem as well since yesterday even gong as far as doing a full clean install of win 7 64bit this morning kis would load till it updated its databases which took over 5 minutes to download , avp.exe is still running in Task manager but not showing in the task bar also safe money is not working.

I have seen at least 3 outer threads on hear were people are having the same problem.

This post has been edited by Rich153: 20.09.2012 02:01

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.09.2012 04:12
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

QUOTE(caveman98)
I also have got the exact same problem. KIS is not loading after database update. ...
Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

QUOTE(Rich153)
I am having this problem as well since yesterday even gong as far as doing a full clean install of win 7 64bit this morning ....
Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Roopa
post 20.09.2012 09:57
Post #12

Looks like i'm not alone with this exact same issue. Hope it resolves soon.

Ok, I've used this tool (found at support kaspersky) to Remove my KIS 2013, but after clicking Remove, It was stuck after that, no progress and I didn't see remove operation finished?? Any help with this guys?

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.09.2012 10:34
Post #13

Are You Kidding?

Not until you install a lot more ram and do the other things that Don suggested. You can also inform Tech Support of this issue: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

(Also, use of bold is great to highlight a word or two. Please avoid all bold and /or all caps and/or underlined. It is really is easier to read a post with all normal font.)

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Roopa
post 20.09.2012 11:18
Post #14

QUOTE(richbuff @ 20.09.2012 12:04) *
Not until you install a lot more ram and do the other things that Don suggested. You can also inform Tech Support of this issue: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

(Also, use of bold is great to highlight a word or two. Please avoid all bold and /or all caps and/or underlined. It is really is easier to read a post with all normal font.)

Ok got it. I found that avp.exe is still running when I tried to uninstall using Kavremove tool. Ended the process and now KIS 2013 was uninstalled successfully.

Now I'm not sure whether to go with KIS 2012 or KIS 2013. But for one last time, I'll try KIS 2013.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.09.2012 12:03
Post #15

Are You Kidding?

QUOTE(Rich153)
here is my getsysteminfo
Please do a checkdisk, check both boxes, instructions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...disk-for-errors Also, you have plenty of errors in your Event Viewer that you may wish to take a look at.

QUOTE(Roopa)
But for one last time, I'll try KIS 2013.
Not with your teensy weensy itty bitty iotic ram, correct?

--------------------

+Quote Post
henkbart
post 20.09.2012 13:59
Post #16

Hello,

I have the same problem. Everything was working fine until yesterdays update.
Since then the program won't start.
I removed it (in save mode) and the reinstalled it. But again after restarting it didn't start.

Finaly i removed it and gone back to then 2012 version. No problems there.

I think there is a problem in the 2013 version.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 21.09.2012 02:23
Post #17

Are You Kidding?

Me Toos & +1's posts: Please contact Tech Support. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Baz^^
post 21.09.2012 13:56
Post #18

Wrestling Champion

Group: Gold beta testers

I have a feeling patch B is going to be fixing these errors...it has been released for testing so far.

--------------------
Kind Regards,

Baz

+Quote Post
Tonky
post 21.09.2012 14:32
Post #19

Posting guru

QUOTE(Baz^^ @ 21.09.2012 11:56) *
I have a feeling patch B is going to be fixing these errors...it has been released for testing so far.

Let’s hope so, I will wait than for the release of patch b before installing KIS 2013 again. smile.gif

--------------------
.....File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

+Quote Post
Guest_aentz83_*
post 21.09.2012 16:08
Post #20

Guests

I have the same problem too. Installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. After that i run the programm. Everything was fine. I updated the database. At the next start of my PC nothing worked. No Autostart and the programm dont start if you click on the desktop icon, neither there is an icon in the statusbar. Deinstalling didnt work because the process avp.exe is runnig and cant be disabled.

Can anyone help me?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.10.2014 23:13